The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Tunneling Punishment

wesleyrobertsimpson
wesleyrobertsimpson Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 12

There needs to be some larger punishment for tunneling, since Dracula came out, the amount of times I have been tunneled has tripled, at least.

Half of the killers this past week have just been camping the edges of hooks, so survivors can't unhook themselves and then instantly attack whoever comes to the rescue, and if the hooked survivor is saved, they get chased.

This crap is getting ridiculous fast and the only way to combat it, even on the first hook of the match is to have all three survivors taking hits to rescue one.

If the endurance and haste timer won't be buffed in a big way, (I'm talking at least another 20 seconds at least) than survivors should have the endurance and haste timer on pause until the killer is at least, let's say 36 meters away from them. Following that, the unhook self meter should definitely get an expanded range, as more killers than not will simply wait just far enough from the hook to make it progress.

I mostly play killer, and I'd rather lose a kill or two not trying to tunnel, it's not fun for survivors, nor is there any current way to combat it, so playing survivor with every other cheap dimwit coming out of the woodworks this past week has been very infuriating.

I'd rather see these changes on both ends, and have to deal with major delays to killing unhooked survivors than to keep playing survivor in the current state of the game.

Comments

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 2,257

They just nerfed tunneling/proxy camping, if survivors are smart at least...

You get to have extra 10 seconds per hook stage. Survivor on hook, can't get tunnelled.

Simply don't unhook a second killer turns around.

I hope DBD will create global spectate feature, where you can spectate any game in past X days simply by using a code. Dota has it...

It would be so easy to call out people. I get genrushed all the time, I get tunneled each game, killers keep bleeding us etc.

Then you can quickly check and see what's really going on.

• Tits
    Tits Member Posts: 217
    edited September 2

Most of the strategies above work in an optimal round where all 4 survivors share the same mindset. But lets be honest in a random group most of the time someones trying to unhook you regardless of the killer camping out of range or all grouping up to get you off the hook instead of doing the gens which is why we end up dieing to tunneling so often. I am also one of the killers that will throw a round trying not to tunnel or camp cuz if i need that to win theres no point in playing for fun. Ill admit most of the tunnel weskers do tend to jump on the latest killer for a time until they all settle back to weskers(since hes built for tunneling). They can make a million changes to hooks to slow down tunneling but theres a large playerbase that just does it because they ike to and hate survivors. They could make hooks teleport away with no notification to the killer when they get unhooked and they will still spend time looking for that 1 survivor with aura reading. They could remove points and emblem ticks for hooking the same survivor and they would still do it just to say theyve won. Its pretty hard to remove from the game

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 1,066

in casual gameplay tunneling is really common honestly still

• upsideinsanity
    upsideinsanity Member Posts: 15

I second the OP. The amount of camping/tunneling over the past week has been absolutely nuts and now I am coming across more killers running knockout and slugging everyone until they bleed out.

It's a game people! While a lot of people want the "I win" you can still win without making the game unplayable for the other side.

• TheDavidKingMain
    TheDavidKingMain Member Posts: 24

And yet forum killers will still cry about DS being OP at 4 seconds.

• Shinkiro
    Shinkiro Member Posts: 52
    edited September 3

No it doesn't need punishing, there needs to be incentives to spread hooks and pressure and reward killers for it. Denying a gameplay choice is a bad choice. Would you like your survivor options removed?

Hooking is getting less and less worth it every change they make. Slugging everyone is legitimately just as valid as hooking now. You dont waste time getting them hooked, you dont risk them getting saved by blinds, you deny them their second chance hook perks.

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 550

The babysitter has been greatly enhanced as an anti-tunnel park, and it is now a useful meta-park to take about one or two of them, especially if you are a VCPT.

Combined with the weakening of PoP and Painless, the result is that the disadvantages of hanging on hooks outweigh the advantages, and slugging has increased more than ever. Are you satisfied with this result?