The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Proximity chat?

Darkstar6247
Darkstar6247 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

I haven't heard anything about the thoughts of adding proximity chat to the game vut i think it would be quite fun to have it added to the game not with survivorsto the killer but just amongst survivors i think it could be hilarious to hear someone get jumpscared or whatever of the sorts and could help with team work and if it is possibly a pretty strong change for survivors then maybe it allows for some killer buffs i play a decent amount but personally i feel like i get bored playing alnoe maybe communicatingwith the team like that would help people stay into the game more

Answers

• Valimure
    Valimure Member Posts: 83

As helpful as it would be to put solo queue on the same level as SWF... I don't think this community as a whole could be trusted with voice chat.

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 991

Absolutely not. The last thing I need is a thirteen year old screeching at me because I didn't do this or that thing they wanted me to do

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,761

It's quite divisive.

On one hand, it could make for some interesting back and forth if the killer can hear it too. On the other hand, if you've played any other online multiplayer game…

• ZombieHChrist
    ZombieHChrist Member Posts: 23

no qualms, i block communications anyways… personally i never care going agains swf voice chatters. tbh, they need it against me, solo is not good against me. you need to have coordination when i am there to win. i play around most rounds and keep it going, let them live because it be to easy, i could make it harder on myself i suppose. bring the chat, this killer me won't be talking if it allows it go both ways. if i did and could, mannnn, they can hear how i speak alone when playing, trash talk like… like a good trash talker. but nah, i like it quiet.

• Royval
    Royval Member Posts: 492

dream scenario for dbd when the devs wake up they’ll realize how much more fun dbd actually would be.

• scoser
    scoser Member Posts: 482

It would be amusing to blast death metal at max volume whenever a killer is close so they can't actually hear any in-game sounds like footsteps, someone getting into a locker, or even the chase starting music if they somehow don't actually see you moving right away.

• KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 627

I'd deactivate it instantly. I don't want to hear people talking constantly, I just want to hear the killer or the environment xD

• TheRealConsent
    TheRealConsent Member Posts: 213

I'm assuming proxy chat would be directional…

You would end up giving the killer much more precise information.

• PuddleOfBludd
    PuddleOfBludd Member Posts: 87
    edited September 5

As I have stated, previously the only way to bring SoloQ to par with SWF is comms. No amount of changes to perks or maps or anything else will fix it. SWF strength is comms, The perks that they run and abuse are a result of that. It’s communication. You are far more likely to get four offerings of petrified oak from SWF than you ever will be against SoloQ.

Even if you did put communications in SoloQ, that would still be the case because SWFs are in a party chat and they have predetermined their build before they play. The only thing you can do for SoloQ is have an in game chat which would not take effect until the trial began.

The devs can try and Balance around perks and maps and whatever else that they want all that they like and it’s never going to change anything because coordination is an advantage that will never actually exist in SoloQ. The best that can be done is to give solo players the ability to communicate to make it at least as close as it can be.

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 2,259

I definitely wouldn't like it and I am going to disable it before even playing first game. If I play soloQ, I don't want to talk with people....

Just create chat wheel as Vecna has with basic call-outs. Anyone can use it, it's simple and with CD can't be abused for toxic purposes.

• Ilikechips
    Ilikechips Member Posts: 109

These devs implemented the most over the top chat filter I have ever seen in a game.

These community managers modify your posts on this forum mid conversation.

Zero chance they would let you voice chat in this game without them policing you, in a game about murder.