The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Addons [RANT]

Ex3de_
Ex3de_ Member Posts: 10
edited September 6 in General Discussions

Yep I think it is time for the devs to come and look into this cause it is getting out of hand at this point.
Little disclaimer, this have been mine 5th match *in a row* with at least 2 iris

Comments

• caipt
    caipt Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 563

the BNP is the only thing worth complaining about here honestly. The double charge med kits are still only 2 slower heals, and the anti hem is 2 heals with one usable without spending the time to do it. Iri's arent often strong enough for their rarity. To be honest a serum+styptic can do much damage in a match than an anti hem.

• totallynotamegmain
    totallynotamegmain Member Posts: 661
    edited September 6

this isn’t a rant this is a picture

• For_The_People
    For_The_People Member Posts: 523

To be honest, after events etc with many cakes and bloodpoints - add ons and items become more abundant. I don’t think these add ons or items are inherently unfair - especially most of these are medkits which don’t offer the same strength as the past - these are basically 2 or so heals.

When medkit and CoH were nerfed, I think most (well killers anyway) welcomed the changes. I don’t think there was anyone saying post- nerf that multiple medkits in one match with add ons is problematic. The alternative is items such as toolbox (which killers have much more issue with) and flashlights (which if used effectively are more of an annoyance for most killer comments I see on the forums).

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,480

Just throw scalped top knot on

• Toystory3Monkey
    Toystory3Monkey Member Posts: 450

addon economy has been a mess for years. but overwhelming amount of bp events (which im not exactly against) have made it even worse.

really wish devs took their time to rework lots of such addons in one of the midchapters. rework addons that just give you more resources or make the power op with no drawback and more more interesting and fun addons.

infinite rushes blight was unironically how some of the addons should've been. outright nerf but having such a ridiculous and funny effect.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,736

Siringe add-on I am not a fan of since it's still quite fast to get one health state healed mid chase, however the rest iri add-ons aren't that great or OP anymore for Survivors.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,438

You could drop Grim or Pain Res for Franklin's if it's that much of an issue and see how that works out.

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 875

I'm not even sure what the OP is commenting on. Are they complaining about items and add-ons, or are they complaining about iri survivors?

This post is so vague.

• For_The_People
    For_The_People Member Posts: 523

I’m all for variety of add ons and any ideas that can feel refreshing and switch up gameplay :)

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,427
    edited September 7

The only survivor addons I particularly dislike is syringe and the super skillcheck bonus addon. Blood Amber is also kind of painful but it has some counters and isn't very common.

But if they were to nerf these addons, they'd have to also look at the most powerful addons for killers too. And buff maps and keys so they're more interesting and viable too, it's boring to just nerf stuff when there's so many items and addons that could be buffed.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 2,209

First off, there are only 2 'true' Iris in that picture, Syringe (24s time save) and BNP (10s time save and 11% regression reduction on that specific gen). The Gel Dressings were nerfed to Iri just to reduce how common they occur, so they aren't really comparable.

Secondly, sweat brings sweat. Either the previous Killer was sweating and thus they bring stronger add-ons to compete with the sweat, or you have been frequently sweating to reach your MMR. Either way, your MMR and the Survivor MMR is roughly equal, or you wouldn't have gotten a match. Take it as pride that you can play without Iris (even if you play Oni), but they Survs 'need' Iris.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,120

I'd even say BNP isn't worth complaining about, because The Oni's build already has decent gen regression which more than compensates for this.

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 1,243

The frustration for OP is they need to keep survivors injured to fuel their power but the team brought insane health kits they can constantly heal themselves with.

I understand the frustration but I don’t think they are that problematic. The most problematic item for survivors is the IRI Key with Blood Amber as it can single handedly win the game but it’s super rare.

It can also protect hackers from being caught as well