The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Weave Attunement

Tamo
Tamo Member Posts: 38

I think the symbol gets stuck or can get stuck when you pick up an item. It's very confusing when there's no item on the floor to be giving aura but the Weave symbol is still there from the item pick up.

9 votes

Need more info · Last Updated

Hello, can you provide additional information such as screenshots or a short video? Thank you!

Comments

• FrauZockinsky
    FrauZockinsky Member Posts: 59

I can confirm this bug. Seems to be in the game since yesterdays update. we had one game yesterday and one today against franklins + wa and both games all of us started to see the symbol constantly. first game we were a 4 man and had dropped all items in the corner of the map. seems to be only the symbol, the killer didnt seem to be able to see us all the time.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,264

I made a bug post about this yesterday as well and i tested it out on customs. If you pick up your item from the ground you get the weave icon permanetly stuck on your screen.

• ghostfaceismywaifu
    ghostfaceismywaifu Member Posts: 16

My sister and I encountered this bug in a match last night. I'll describe the scenario:

I was playing Leon, brought a toolbox. Sister was Gargoyle Sable (cosmetic relevant for later video), brought a medkit. Teammates ended up being a swf of Bikini Sable, and Thalita, neither of whom brought any items. Killer was a Ghostface running franklins + weave attunement.

After Ghostface knocked our items off, when we saw the weave attunement icon come up and knew we were in the radius, we picked up our dropped items and moved them somewhere in the outskirts of the map to try to mitigate their aura reading radius. Despite this, we NEVER seemed to be able to leave weave attunement, because the icon was always on our screen. But our teammates seemed oblivious to this, we assumed they did not know the affect (kept wanting to heal in the radius we would be seen, etc). No matter where we went, the entire map seemed to be covered, and we didn't remember at the time if our teammates brought items, so we thought maybe they dropped them, and then proceeded to take more out of chests and drop them everywhere too.

After the match, turns out the Thalita was live on twitch (how we found out they were a swf, so we went back and watched their VOD. Our match starts at around 19:50 (idk how long the VOD will be available)

we noticed that neither Bikini Sable or Thalita ever picked up ANY items, so it is impossible for the map to have been covered to the degree the icons were telling us we were always in weave attunement's radius. This is a little diagram my sister mapped out:

The white lines in spot 10 is where she moved her medkit and where the 12m aura reading radius should approximately reach, and the spot over in 8 is where I moved my toolbox (you can see me putting it there later in the VOD when the streamer is spectating me) and the approximate aura reading reach of that. Yellow is where she thought there might have been a mystery item dropped, but reviewing the stream over again, I don't think there was at all.

Also viewing VOD, it's a bit confusing because the streamer is using custom in game icons and also has like, a kitty thing in the bottom right corner covering up the perk area, but I THINK the status icon with the medkit represents the weave attunement affect, and it looks like that icon is ONLY ever on the screen when the streamer is spectating me (Leon) or my sister (Gargoyle Sable)

Ultimately it seems like the only explanation is the weave attunement icon was permanently stuck on the screen for me (Leon) and my sister (Gargoyle Sable) because we were the ones that touched items during the match. Unfortunately we don't know how that impacted Ghostface's aura reading, since we didn't think to ask him at the end of the match.

• Drgn8D
    Drgn8D Member Posts: 8

Hi, I have a clip of this bug and it appears to be showing my aura to the killer even though I'm miles from any other item.

Sorry for any cussing, I was frustrated.

You can see I ran quite a ways and still had the icon on my screen / it didn't disappear the entire distance I was running. I believe I picked my flashlight back up because I was going to move it to a corner so it wouldn't… trigger WA for people. Later on in the same match I moved a medkit and still had WA showing when I left and went a decent distance away. After I died I spectated my friend in the area she did NOT have WA active in the same area where the killer seemed to have seen me and found me. She DID have WA in the spot where I moved the medkit to. But her icon disappeared well before where I had run to, whereas my icon did not disappear after moving a dropped item.

I believe WA is persisting if you pick up the item, even if you put it back down, because I was empty handed when I died / still had the WA icon on my screen.

• ghostfaceismywaifu
    ghostfaceismywaifu Member Posts: 16
    edited September 19

Still having issues with this. I have another example. In a match against Dracula, he was running Weave Attunement, no Franklins (forgot to screenshot the rest of his build, Human Greed and thanatophobia were two others, I don't recall what the 4th was)

My toolbox was dropped naturally with WA (dropped after its charge was depleted). When it was dropped this way, to the best of my recollection, I did not see the WA affect icon on my screen until after I left it's aura reading radius and then re-entered it (either that OR I did not see the icon at all while the item was left on the ground).

I DEFINITELY saw the icon on my screen when I PICKED UP the toolbox to move it. My geforce is set to only take clips of the last 30 seconds, but right before my clip begins, I basically have dropped off the toolbox in the very corner of the map to see if I am able to leave the aura reading radius and get the icon off my screen unlike last time. As you can see in the clip, going across one side of the map to the other, the icon did not leave even once.

Even if somehow coincidentally the path I took in said clip had items covering the whole radius (unlikely, since he didn't use Franklins), for the rest of the match the WA icon did in fact stay on my screen, including when the gate was open and I left through it.

I don't know if he could see my aura. Was unable to ask.

• kaega2
    kaega2 Member Posts: 25

I am experiencing this bug as well.

After picking up an item the icon never goes away
    But on top of that, the icon never comes up twice like it used to