Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Remove penalty

2»

Comments

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

I once had a rather rage-quitty mindset, I was super angry at that time and took everything way too personal and when I got no chance of winning or at least gain some foothold, I would DC, just to stick it to then survivors. Earned me a 2h forced break once, and since then I stuck to only occasional happenstances, when faced with pure bully squads. Usually Never saw anything higher then a 5min penalty, I think I gotc the 15min once, but I learned my lesson and being this petty serves no issue and usually just shows the other side that they got you and you will just make a fool out of yourself.

Going AFK would be the better alternative: you got out of the match reasonably fast, the survivors get a chance to do their challenges, unless they are chase related, and the bullies got no one to bully. But the best alternative is to just play he game out, you might actually learn a new trick or two and get better, even though you have no chance of 'winning'

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

Penalty is too short.

• kingchris200
    kingchris200 Member Posts: 11
    edited September 7

I will never agree with the devs on this it's wrong and stupid. No game should ever penalize a player for not wanting to waste time with try hards and bullies no one should be forced to. The penalty should stay at a 5min timer always if they want a timer so bad.

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,278

You dont get a penalty when you play the game, you get it when you decide to ruin it for 4 other people, and waste their time.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

if you don't queue up, you don't get a penalty for not playing dbd

• BasementDweller
    BasementDweller Member Posts: 465

Like everyone has said, the devs can add a DC penalty if they want they don't need players permission for it. Besides, time after time that they turned off the penalty the community would quickly prove why it's needed.

• NarkoTri1er
    NarkoTri1er Member Posts: 251

they literally do, and penalties should be even more harsh. If you don't like it, singleplayer games are always there

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Anybody that clicks Ready should be commited to play that match. To leave that match is breaking that commitment leaving the other players envolved holding the bag.

Think of it as signing a contract. There are penalties to breaking a contract. Don't sign up if you can't keep your end of the deal.

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 898
    edited September 7

This is true. People have limited time to play matches. So you shouldn't feel free to waste it.

Edit: Just realised OP ist tot.

RIP