The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killer mains avoid the new Lights out Gamemode

Bhvr Devs Extremely Overbuffed the survivor side giving a 5% headstart with 20% faster repair speed with a way to counter the Light outs feature Candelabras.

Im super happy about the Anti camp and Endurance buffs but the repair and headstart should NOT have came with it since the balance was killers dont have their slowdown perks

im not seeing a reason killers will play this now and don't blame im staying on Survivor only on this mode

Comments

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,409

I don't play it on either side personally coz I just don't like this game mode…

• Bloodartist
    Bloodartist Member Posts: 124
    edited September 12

While making the matches faster is always miserable for killers, I agree that the only way the mode can be improved is by making changes and checking how they feel.

I dont think the original was killer-sided, having played both sides. I couldnt see anything as killer in two out of three original maps, I had to operate nearly entirely by sound. I absolutely loved the feel of lights out in Levy's though. There is a huge difference between regular terrain map, and a map where the surfaces are lightly colored, like the hospital in Levy's memorial. The latter created a really cool surreal feeling and I loved it, even though the game really didnt allow me to play there more than once.

I hope they have done a lot of adjusting about the game mode, because its my favorite special mode when it works. And don't balance it based on assumption that people adjust their brightness to play. Because I dont.

• totallynotamegmain
    totallynotamegmain Member Posts: 661

can somebody explain what candle bros or whatever are? I’m way out of the loop

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,811

@totallynotamegmain, the candelabras are a new item for the mode. You can place them on generators to show other survivors the location of your generator, or use them like flashlights to see a bit into the dark (a few meters in front of you). The killer can destroy them if they’re on generators.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,383

I will only play it if Freddy is playable this time.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,580

Something tells me that that game mode will have long queues.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,990

i hated the orginal light out as survivor but i will give this one a few games. I just think a game mode based around finding survivors is doom to fail. Most Killers despise the hide and seek gameplay even in the normal mode (Me in included). Killers should at least get some vague basekit information like spies from the shadow or whisper. Otherwise you just going to repeatedly see killers who circumvent the whole point of the mode. I already know it's going to be 30% to 40% Legion matches. no thanks

• drsoontm

I don't plan to play killer this time.

That's my survivor queue I was talking about.

• SkeletonDance
    SkeletonDance Member Posts: 293

I hate this mode 😖

• drsoontm

Don't forget the survivors can drop the light and never place it on a gen.

This is beyond silly.

I wonder how many days killers will want to try 😂

• rysm
    rysm Member Posts: 247

It's a bit of a waste of time tbh. I mainly play survivor and the BP rewards are non-existent lol. I'd assume it's the same for killer.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,949

wouldn’t surprise me first time around killers with the ability to reveal things basically ruined the mode and it’s why i only played like 4 games of the original version

• Obscura
    Obscura Member Posts: 10

I forgot:
    - Survivor leave no scatchmarks
    - Survivors see gens highlighted in red, when close enough

• Rick1998
    Rick1998 Member Posts: 206

i couldn't care less about that. I hate darkness and stealth so this agmemode embodies all the bad aspects of dbd for me . I am however excited for chaos suffle to be back.

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,216

Why did this turn into us vs them?

I play both sides, who shall i blame?

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,131

This is the "hide-and-seek" game I see a lot of survivor players say they want. The killer can hardly see you, the killer can't track you. Yippee, the game does half the work for you, how exciting.

I can only assume the survivors who want to play hide-and-seek are enjoying this, unless they come on the forums and say otherwise. But are killers having fun? Do killers want to play hide-and-seek?

Personally, I've always hated hide-and-seek as killer. It's boring. It's absolutely mind-numbingly boring to walk around by myself for minutes on end checking behind rocks and in lockers.

I've played PvE games like Fatal Frame (2?) where it's fun and tense to hide against an insta-death enemy. But in DbD hiding from the killer stops being tense at about 10 hours in, and then it's just "C'mon, go away, let me pop this gen," or "Geez, I'm bored, how is this match still going?" Hell, it'd probably get boring in Fatal Frame after multiple playthroughs when you know how the AI works. That's what happens with repetition.

I haven't played this new iteration of Lights Out yet, so maybe it won't be awful, but I can't imagine it'll be so fun that I'm willing to play it without a good BP bonus. The extra BP bonuses are a big reason my friend and I play the limited time game modes.

• Obscura
    Obscura Member Posts: 10
  • MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,427

Can confirm, what a shame. Survivor has zero incentive to carry the item, just drop it immediately or they get spotted by the killer from miles away. And once they drop it you can lose the killer in an instant. Plus the hiding. Not really that much better than the original it seems. Oh well.

Chaos Shuffle is coming back at least. Hope they randomize items and addons this time too, no map offerings.

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 675

BHVR overbuffed Survivors here. The candelabras are fine as is the AFC.

Survs didn't NEED 60 seconds of Endurance, the ability to remove info from the Killer, and 20% repair speed buffs. At all.

• ControllerFeedback
    ControllerFeedback Member Posts: 51
    edited September 12

If the audio bugs weren't rampant right now and you could actually hear an injured survivor when they're 8 meters away around a corner it'd be fine, but we're not playing that game right now. The mode is simply miserable.

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,216

I enjoy hide and seek, im not a fan of this game mode, i want perks, items and addons (taking them away have nothing to do with hide and seek). Im fine with the darkness.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,533

Lights Out was miserable for killers as well. You kind of just ran around aimlessly since you had nothing to go by that would even hint of a survivor being there and eventually you lost. Survivors at least had a little bit of help to find their objective. Also if you hit anyone while they were vaulting a window, they were pretty much guaranteed to get away. So it felt like nothing happened the entire time. That was also the reason why pretty much every killer tried to camp one survivor. Otherwise you just wouldn't find anyone.

I'm not saying that these changes for survivors are bad but no improvements for killers? That's gonna end like the 2v8 mode where one side just won't have any reason to play.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,881

Yeah idk the 5% head start seems fine but 20% repair speed bonus? Guess I'll just perma run legion.

• jmwjmw27
    jmwjmw27 Member Posts: 279

Still seems fine to me. Lights out v1 as killer was very easy as you are permanently undetectable and therefore many places on most maps are unsafe. There are no perks to counter tunneling either, 60 second endurance sounds like a lot but you can hit them right after being unhooked and it means nothing. 20% faster gen speed actually sounds like gen speeds will be close to what they are in live (since survivors can't bring gen perks or toolboxes) but I'll have to play it to confirm.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,131

taking them away have nothing to do with hide and seek

You'd have to at least take away all aura perks to play a real game of hide and seek.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,263

I fail to see how the event description means this is disadvantaging killers. - You do realise that survs neither spawn on gens nor will they be able to see where gens are, which have progress or which have been completed from a distance? That alone justified way faster repair speed. You simply spend a lot more time in this mode simply running across the map with atrocious pathing cause you can't path better cause you can't see anything and have to walk right up to anything.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,480

The boring thing about this mode is you will only play as or against two killers, Leatherface and Legion

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,383

People would get a chance to play against Freddy, at least in my games, but he isn't available... again.

• llYukll
    llYukll Member Posts: 6

I've played a few as survivor, escape rate was probably better, but it wasn't crazy. This post as some warning to killer mains is weird.

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 836
    edited September 12

Now that I've played a few games, it's still an utterly miserable experience for me whatever side I choose to play. The changes have done almost nothing to fix any of the problems with the mode the first time around because they are fundamental. Not being able to see anything at all does not make for a fun time.

I just want to unlock the tome cosmetics as quickly as possible and get back to playing the standard mode.

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 675

I feel like we'll just see the same info Killers again. I hope this means I can play Ghostface and Myers and do some fun jumpscares and Survivors don't just genrush me all round…

And call me nuts but can't you just kick the gen at the start to remove the 5% like before? Now the only way to find the gens is if you use a candelabra, which can be broken or lost in the dark.

At the least shouldn't Candelabras not remove Killer aura read period, and be breakable if set down? They're powerful and should be more fragile as a drawback. Oh, and you should not get multiples from chests, they should be rare if you can, come on now.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 800

TThey Seriously let Legion back into this mode? Are you serious??

• ControllerFeedback
    ControllerFeedback Member Posts: 51

It's not even that the mode is hard for killer, in fact most of my games have been 3-4k, but it's just kinda boring. The candelabras feel kinda irrelevant (or outright a downside for survivor) and the audio issues make it so that you kinda just find someone, hit them, then find them randomly later and down them. Or you hook someone, find them just under a minute later, and they still have endurance because they've been hiding in a corner. And then you get down to 2 survivors and all they're doing is walking around not doing anything…sheesh.

I'm disappointed to see that they also repeated the same mistake of not adjusting the indoor filter for the house on Yamaoka. It's comically dark when you run in and out of there. I imagine you just can't see anything when there's a Dredge…

At least the tome rewards are cool.