The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

what happened to the xenomorph

abyssplayz
abyssplayz Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 30
edited September 12 in General Discussions

last time i played him it was fun now aiming with his thing is just bs. it's obvious u guys intentionally make it so survivors can dodge it. on a survivor pov it's way too easy. he is basically an m1 killer unless the survivors are average. idk seems pointless to play anyone besides blight, huntress, dracs, deathslinger, and nurse. i refuse to break every pallet in the game it only leads to repeating the same exact game over and over. m1 killers are just trash they vault the same and typically are just as fast as any killer. with huntress i can put an extreme amount of pressure on them. i've held 4 survivors injured the entire game pretty much and just dominated the entire match against the most try hard teams. seems weird that they dont get any sort of boost at all. trapper is strong tbh but hag, ghostie, michael nd more makes me excited as a surv cuz ik i can just go pallet to pallet and win. also they added bots yet we still get banned for leaving. tbh i just throw the game when i wanna leave now but tbf i play solo q nd my mmr is not at all where it deserves to be. i value survivor more than i do killer so if u just fix solo q i'll stop complaining. but seriously are they just unaware of these issues or do they not have the ability to fix them

(again issues at high mmr) im sure im not the only that wishes for a classic and competitive mode

Best Answer

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,892
    Answer ✓

Tail is awful to play with. The hitbox and visual feedback dont align most of the time, creating frustrating and confusing misses and hits for both sides. Tunnels and turrets are fine in my opinion.

Answers

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,060

His tail attack is really terrible. There's so many instances where it just decides to not hit them, feels short, goes too far up or down, floats like in front of you instead of looking like an acid shot, etc. I'll still play him, but I'm limited to hitting survivors with it where they can't dodge, and an M1 would have worked anyway.

And personally one of my biggest issues is the sparks that come out of a teleport spot. Why do that? Why make it seem like there's a turret spawned on me, because they also spark exactly like that? So many times I've wasted time looking for a turret which wasn't there, because I saw the sparks and didn't want to get burned out of my only power by a survivor item (hint, hint: Singularity).

• abyssplayz

exactly! i was really excited for him now i just main huntress and use a bunch of gen blocking perks. she's the only one i can play and relax with. i wish the gen perks for both sides weren't so powerful tho. my gen build for survivor (deja vu, scavenger, built to last, and windows) gives the killer the most minimal time to do chases

• BurnedTerrormisu
    BurnedTerrormisu Member Posts: 85

His tail is awful to play with. His tail is awful to play against. On neither site the visual matches the actual hitbox.

• abyssplayz

honestly im not even mad to play against him i always hug turrets so i rarely even see his power. most the time with decent teammates we can pull off an easy dub. literally just hug turrets and have them in powerful positions

• abyssplayz

true it honestly is really frustrating to me to have it lock so forcefully. idk i wont ever touch him again lmao and they nurfed ultimate so it was a waste of money. i'm starting to realize they make it overpowered at first to get people to buy it then they make it more appealing to survivors. high mmr is like going to a waterpark for survivors u dont have to worry about a thing unless u see huntress or trickster. i don't even try to loop him i just give up. no point to main event takes away any fun u could have with looping him

• JustAShadow
    JustAShadow Member Posts: 164

Xeno is just very clunky and frustrating to play with current turret mechanic and the tail attack being wonky and inconsistent.

And now with Nemesis buffs, there is really no reason to play Xeno unless you just really like the character. Nemesis whip is way more consistent and fluid than Xeno's tail and he also doesn't suffer from the obnoxious turret mechanic.

• radiantHero23

I play Pig at a decently high level (at least i win a lot and go against "comp" players, so i assume, im where they are at) and perform relatively well.

I wanted to main Xeno when the chapter released, because i found the gameplay to be fun and really liked the license. Xeno is stuck at p20 because i just cant bring myself to play the killer more. The tail attack just feels so incredibly frustrating to use. Id wish, that they look at the attack, but regareding the amount of "hate" this killer recieved when they came out due to the attack being "undodgable" i do not get my hopes up for anything changing soon.

• abyssplayz

i love the idea with the tunnels but they defs destroyed him for me. and with the zombies, nemisis is a little overwhelming tbh

• abyssplayz

exactly he was a waste of money. i don't have what i paid for. feels like a scam. lmao they shouldnt change characters like this it's wasting our money and time. if anything says they don't care about their player base it's that. i get healthy changes but come on. ppl watched the killer b4 hand then bought him and now the lost him. and it was hard to dodge bc there are actually real life people that know how to aim in videogames lmao. most ppl who play this game hardly put any effort in it so obviously they are gunna do bad. they want to go pallet for pallet without a single thing to change. actual gamers wanna see them make a horror game that surpasses any of our expectations. something original and authentic. game modes and stuff theres a million things they could do they just either lack the care, resources or understanding. i rant a lot idk

• radiantHero23

Well, as much as i dislike the recent trend of releasing a character strong just to see them nerfed literally weeks later, i have to defend BHVR here. DBD is a live service game. We pay to play the game, not own it. If they decide to change a character then thats up to them. Best we can do is give constructive criticism and hope that it reaches their ears. Thats how i ended up here.

A developer always cares about their playerbase. Why would they not. Why would a dog bite the hand that feeds them?

• abyssplayz

bc ppl are easily driven by the wrong intentions. they only make them overpowered to get people to buy it then it's all about survivors again. look at freddy. i remember playing him for a week when i started playing havn't touched him since. when people spend money on something they dont need to consistently go back and make it work against you. noone is gunna be amazing at a game instantly. it takes time to progress and get better.

• radiantHero23
    edited September 13
    • "noone is gunna be amazing at a game instantly. it takes time to progress and get better"

I wish more people would share your sentiment.

Its not consistent, that characters get made worse only a few weeks after their release. Besides Pig, im a Sadako-main since she came out. Sadako was left in a relatively weak state for over a year before she got an update. This update completely ruined her for me but undeniably buffed her in strenght. She again remained that way for a good amount of time. Many og - fans including me shoulted long and loud here on the forums about the state of her until they finally announced her second update, which pushed her towards her original state. This, more or less, gave me back the killer i enjoyed so much. Is she perfect now? No. She still needs adjustments. But she is undeniably better than the first version and a lot more healthy and fun than the second version ever was.