The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Should Skull Merchant be deactivated till her rework and just be compensated in the meantime?

GroßusSchmiedus
GroßusSchmiedus Member Posts: 515
edited September 13 in General Discussions

I'm saying it as someone who harbors no ill intent towards the Skully mains, on the contrary, however before leaving her in a very sad state for what will probably be years (they say 2025 but if you have any faith in that please send me pictures of the front and back of your credit card, i will totally not misuse it, pinky promise). Just look at Freddy, Trickster, Sadako and Twins if you want evidence.

Should she just get deactivated and give players the Shards/Auric and BP spend on her in the meantime?

Post edited by GroßusSchmiedus on

Comments

• SkeletonDance
    SkeletonDance Member Posts: 293

Why not

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 807

It would be the best thing to do (no offense to anyone who plays her), since not only would it shut up all the complaints, but doing it this way would let them do way more then just adjusting values. We are talking rework from the ground up.

Plus, that would give them an opportuntity to fix her lore to be more about her and the interesting parts of her life (not this stuff with her parents), fix the tone inconstistency with her lore and cosmetics etc.

• Royval
    Royval Member Posts: 491

I don’t see why not she’s gonna be garbage

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,713

They aren't refunding a character that has been out for a year and a half. That's a playtime that far exceeds a lot of video games.

A total killswitch is also not going to happen. Some people will still play her and that means BHVR can continue to gather data on her games for the rework.

• GroßusSchmiedus
    edited September 13

Yeah but the community made it impossible to play her for longer than not, also unlike everyone else she got reworked with the expressed intent by BHVR to make her bad till the rework, rather than being bad unintentionally. And by extension of being bad and likely getting a complete overhaul the data they gather will be by all means worthless, what are they gonna measure, what will be the results? That a killer designed to be intentionally bad will be bad until the data is irrelevant? Yeah i can tell you right now you don't need data for it.

• HamsterEnjoyer
    HamsterEnjoyer Member Posts: 710

As someone who pretty much only plays her when playing killer, has all her cosmetics, and has been dumping points into her, yes. Theres no reason to EVER pick her once she gets nerfed. Regardless of what they do, shes such an extreme balancing act that even one of these changes besides the hindered nerf would just destroy her entirely because she frankly needs all of it together to even be viable. Unless they REWORK aspects of her kit, then she needs everything she has.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Should we disable perks when changes are announced? Are we going to disable thing only when its nerfs? How about buffs?

• totallynotamegmain
    totallynotamegmain Member Posts: 661

may as well half of her power got executed

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,383

There is still a small chance BHVR will revert those changes after this wave of feedback, but we will have to wait and see.

If not, then it is best her rework get some sort of priority (though not more than Freddy's).

• SoGo

Skull Merchant got nuked, not nerfed. With the power getting eventually reworked anyway and the few people playing her wanting to leave, why won't we just remove her, rebuild her from the ground up with a new power, lore and cosmetics and then return her back.

• BlackRose89
    BlackRose89 Member Posts: 324
    edited September 13

In the past, I would say no since I don't like the idea of removing content from the game even SM but after seeing the dev blog I have changed my mind. I rather see her removed as they rework her than have them nuke her down to F-Tier. She will be the first F-tier killer imo. I rather have nothing than what they are offering is all Im saying.

Also if anyone thinks her rework isn't going to take 2 years then you are crazy as hell. This dev team has a history of dragging its feet esp on reworks. Look at the so-called promise Twins rework…it was talked about 2 years ago and when it finally came out they had to completely revert it and just settle on some small QoL changes. The same thing will happen to SM…she be left in a terrible state for 2 years and when the rework does happen I bet it be even worse than she is now and be reverted just like twins.

• mecca
    mecca Member Posts: 287

Survivors are not compensated when they are nerfed. Self Care, Decisive Strike, Dead Hard, Circle of Healing were all nerfed into uselessness in most cases. No compensation to survivors that likes to use them.

I think killers are not used to being on the other end.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,502
    edited September 13

Just ran into SM in Lights Out.

Players immediately gave up… quick game.

Was ok for me as i got my 30 secs chase time.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184
  • SoGo

With how I imagine this would work, Skull Merchant as we know her would be, in practice, completely removed and replaced by a new character. This would include her power, which could be different to the point where there have very little in common, her lore would be changed, her skins would be changed...

If they only want to rework her power, then fine, keep her in. But this could be a great opportunity to fix mistakes that cannot be changed otherwise.

To summarize, the reason I want her removed and re-released, is because it would allow for changes far beyond the normal rework boundaries.

Also, it would keep the complaints minimal since you can't be angry at something that doesn't exist.

• mecca
    mecca Member Posts: 287

It seems like they could still update her power so it is fun and fair for both sides without having to go so extreme. They kind of having the idea now, removing haste that wasn't necessary. Killers complained about MFT, yet Skull Merchant did that on steroids. Area denial is just not fun either.

Perks are completely changed all the time but they have the same name.

• Feneroe
    Feneroe Member Posts: 223

One, those perks are still good. Two, killers are very used to having their perks gutted. Three, this would be like if they took Feng Min and make her move slower and do actions slower than all other survivors, not if a perk got nerfed.

• GroßusSchmiedus

2 of the perks you listed are among the top 10 most used perks in the game and self-care is still pretty much meta in asia. Circle of Healing also is far from useless, not necessarily great but far from bottom tier.