The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Distortion will be useless.

joeyspeehole
joeyspeehole Member Posts: 73
edited September 12 in Feedback and Suggestions

“Previously, Distortion would shield the player from having their aura revealed to the killer, using a token each time it activated. Now, the perk has been adjusted to last longer each time it activates, but it will only work once per match. The single charge can be restored by being chased by the killer.” -Copilot

I was really hoping they would improve Distortion, not make it completely useless if the killer uses four aura perks. This must be an attempt to improve a killer’s endgame 4k chances. 

I kind of feel like killer mains won’t be happy until survivors have no perks. It sucks. I’m probably going to have to stop playing the game again.

Comments

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,824

Personally we feel that mains on both sides won't be happy until the game dies...aaaaand probably after that too.

• Langweilg
    Langweilg Member Posts: 777

All you can do is try to give your feedback on the ptb, but in 99% of the cases just saying it is a bad change or suggestions a fairer one won‘t help.

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 987

Why would they have buffed distortion? It's a single perk that counters an entire suite of killer perks and add-ons by itself. Vs anything but a full aura huntress you're not running out of tokens.

A full aura build as 95% of the killers in the game is a game losing proposition. So is that the problem or is it quad slowdown? Is this Schrodinger's complaint?

Finally I find it odd that you have an AI summarize these changes. You can't read and condense changes on your own?

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,339

Survivors wanted Skull Merchant killed, Killers get Distortion killed.

• joeyspeehole
    joeyspeehole Member Posts: 73

First off, I didn’t know where to find the changes; someone mentioned it to me. I just asked the Microsoft browser tool to look for what changes are being made to Distortion. Second, I have played games where, within the first minute, all of my stacks are gone. Players have to be in the killer’s aura for 30 seconds to rebuild access to use Distortion again. If the killer uses an add-on or perk that extends the terror radius, the drawback is that it would benefit Distortion users. However, if you are around other players, Distortion has no benefit. For instance, in the very beginning of the match, against Lethal Pursuer. The perk is already pretty well balanced, and like I said, I’ve played against a lot of people with heavy aura builds. The only reason I can see them gutting Distortion is because they want to exponentially increase the value of the aura perks that they have been giving killers. If you want to beef up killers, completely remove the counter.

• codebibi
    codebibi Member Posts: 78

killers just cried because they couldn't get their infinite wallhacks and now they have it. just incapable to found survivors by themselves without wallhacks. they have around 100 different perks and addons to eat the tokens faster than it regen and it still not enough. this is just sad.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,754

Isn't the only perk that can technically get you 'infinite wallhacks' Weave Attunement? And didn't that just devour stacks anyway?

Heck I can get near infinite aura read on survivor with perks like Fogwise+Stakeout. Or Key+Amber+Additional time addons, Alert, Troubleshooter and Streetwise.

Even trying to think of it, killer gets a few seconds of aura read at a time. And unless a survivor is sitting inside a Weave Attunement spot, the other aura reading perks/addons don't give you infinite wallhacks even with the strongest ones combined, aside WA.

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 987

I love fogwise. Super underrated perk. Rewards hitting greats which feels good and helps you pre run vs strong chase killers.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,754

I've weened myself off it for awhile on my gen builds, but it goes back on when I run out of wire spools on my toolboxes. Otherwise it's Stake Out/Hyperfocus/Streetwise/Built to Last. Though the times I do run it, I swap Streetwise and BTL with Fogwise and either Sprint Burst or Wiretap, depending on my mood.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,497

Yeah the aura reading stuff is getting way to much.

The 1 stack is immediately gone. And one purpose is to not get found and chased.

Sadly stealth is more and more removed from the game.

• CautionaryMary
    CautionaryMary Member Posts: 109

Only issue with Fogwise is Mindbreaker, but surprisingly it's not used as often. I like to use Stake Out with Fast Track for my Yui. 😊

Stake Out and Fogwise sounds fun, I personally enjoy Alert and Troubleshooter together for more aura reading, especially if the killer brings Mindbreaker. 😅