The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

New "Lights out" mode is hot garbage

Survs complained so much, that it's zero percent fun as killer now. Gave it several tries to be fair, but won't be returning to this mode as it is.

Comments

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 675

This mode is just not meant to have any amount of visibility.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,760

Hot take but I'm having fun on both sides.

Just got a 4k as Tier 1 only Myers, and escaped with one other against a Chucky prior.

• Langweilg
    Langweilg Member Posts: 777

I found it also fun as survivor with a friend even tho I lost a lot. I haven‘t played it as killer yet.

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 807

This mode was basically a return to the OG game, without all the perks.

But, tbh, it failed once, it looks like it will fail again, I'd say we abandon it.

Bring some out new modifiers, for example the Hide & Seek mode they mentioned.

• Ethromel
    Ethromel Member Posts: 175

I'm sorry, but why does it seem like BHVR can't do anything right? What is going on? When some killers have to be restricted from the mode that's how you know it's not balanced, fair or fun. Anything built on a faulty foundation is going to continue to be faulty by design. Lights out is too survivor tilted. It's four against one with accelerated generators, an the killer has no way of tracking survivors while they speed their way through these gens. I'm good enough to at least get two survivors, but a 4k is out of the question unless survivors mess up. I deal with it though.

When you try and control fate you mess u your destiny. Every time BHVR try to appease the balance god they screw over the natural order of things. There is no such thing as balance. Stop trying to achieve it. The natural order is someone is ALWAYS going to be better than someone else. This boils down to character, and most of the DBD community don't have the honorable countenance to accept a fair 'L' so they rather come to forum to moan about the odds being stacked against them. I get so many players rage quitting on me its insane. They challenge me to chase them because they fancy themselves master loopers, and when I catch within the first 15 to 20 seconds they quit. Or I kill so fast that layers accuse me of tunneling despite the fact that I left them alone to get two other survivors and returned within 2 minutes. Somehow because I'm not gracious enough to give them breathing room or I strategically intercept the other survivor attempting to take them off hook, I'm toxic and tunnel.

News Flash: It's called an obsession for a reason. And even then I don't focus on the obsession. I'll give the illusion that I'm pursuing so that the others will come to their aid. Works every time psychology.

Instead of encouraging players to think, BHVR caters to players asking for a hand out in the win department.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,949

yeah I’m just gonna play this for the event items and not touch it again I assume everyone else has the same idea so I expect the queue times to be trash after 2 days

• pa4n
    pa4n Member Posts: 50

I like it more than the last time but i prefer chaosshuffle so much more :)

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,990

They greatly improve it from the first iteration but i feel the devs should end it here. The mode just not that appealing compare to 2v8 or shuffle. At it core the game mode is just extreme stealth which eventually get tedious. Again behavior did a decent job here but nah it not for me

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,837

I think it would be fair to note that survivors didnt just complain about the mode, no one was playing it resulting in long queues among the reduced amount of players that were in the modifier. Obviously, changes were directed to try and incentivize players to queue survivor since killer queue didnt have any issues getting people to play

• Garboface
    Garboface Member Posts: 260
    edited September 13

i'm having a blast on both sides. Thank you, bhvr. Excellent event.

Seriously, if you can't clean house as killer in this event, rhe problem isn't the event.

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,593

They give you info. When you hold them up, you not only see the next gens aura, you see what your mates are doing (the hud action icons). So you can quick check whether the others are doing a gen, and it's your turn to rescue someone, for example.

• CaulDrohn

Me too. It's WAY BETTER than regular soloQ games, were you get paired with potato team mates and matched against full slowdown high-tier killers tunneling one out at 5 gens.

• CaulDrohn
    edited September 13

@solarjin1

Agreed, Chaos Shufle and 2vs8 were more fun. But compared to regular soloQ experience, lights out is leagues better!

• eisenbuns
    eisenbuns Member Posts: 99

I wish they would just scrap this game mode. I would much rather have chaos shuffle or 2v8 or something different instead of having this in the rotation.

• rysm
    rysm Member Posts: 247

It's so bad. Theres no BP incentives, tome challenge BP rewards are non-existent, no rift fragments from the tome, can barely pip and earn BP in matches because you can't see what's going on. It's a hot mess. I'm only playing it to get the badge and banner then i'm out.

• BrightWolf
    BrightWolf Member Posts: 429

I can't even play the gosh darn mode without extreme FPS drops, so severe to the point where I can't even hit skill checks because the game is several lightyears ahead of my frames. I can't enjoy the mode if I'm literally being cheated out of a chance to play, because the game mode is causing my PC to freakout.

And again, this mode, much like last time, is a mode where stealth killers and killers with global detection eat like gods (Ghostface, Chucky, Wraith, GhostFace, Myers, Doctor, Legion) where basic ######### killers are less than useless.

• nckdxt
    nckdxt Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

I'm literally having the same issue. Everything worked find before Lights Out dropped and now even menus are dropping FPS 😑

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,480

I am definitely in favor of this game mode NEVER returning. Even after this 2.0 update the game mode is horrible. I'd rather any of the other modes come back, including my little oni which arguably has little replay value

• Jos_724
    Jos_724 Member Posts: 9

I agree 100% they should have left this mode alone, this version sucks and is ZERO fun for both killer and survivor!

• totallynotamegmain
    totallynotamegmain Member Posts: 661

I’ve noticed this as well, sometimes when I use killer powers that need charging (I’ve noticed it most with wesker) it sometimes just cancels itself which has lost me so many chases

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,308
    edited September 13

It's been alright for the most part. Dracula is very fun to play as in this game mode. I just creep around in the shadows using Wolf form and pounce on unsuspecting survs. I like the aesthetic of the candelabras. They did a good job on their design.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,471

I see how much people dislike this mode. Hm. Its so strange. I loved Light’s Out when Bhvr first implemented it, and I am really loving it again now. The bats and eyes in the darkness are so cool and spooky.

It’s always so curious to me that I’m playing and loving the same game that so many others seem to hate.

• ObsidianGod
    ObsidianGod Member Posts: 5

I'm just gonna get my Dark Lord Icon and I'm not touching this crap mode again

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

The mode is a metaphor for the current playerbase. Unable to see two feet in front of them.

• GRIG0
    GRIG0 Member Posts: 308

I like the idea of a mode that tries to be scary and I like how maps look with this dark mode, the problem (to me) is that is not enough, the game is not designed to be scary, they should make a new mode reworking gameplay on both sides and not just a modifier.

Why playing this mode instead of the regular one? Other than scary ppl with Myers or Ghostface ( and that fun lasts a couple o matches) is like the normal mode but much worse since you cannot see and there are no perk variety. Also, candelabra could be removed since they hurt you more as survivor than help 🤣

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 800

No pop or pain res or nowhere to hide so this is A+ mode thank you bhvr

• BrightWolf
    BrightWolf Member Posts: 429

IKR? What's really getting my goat is that I didn't have any FPS drops during Chaos Shuffle or 2v8 (outside of normal package loss due to server connectivity). So I don't understand why its happening in this particular game mode, is it because of the filter? Which it can't be, because it's a filter like Night Fall or Freddy's Dream World. I don't suffer FPS drops during those filters, only in Lights Out.

So it has to be a bug related to the mode or killers powers interacting with the filters (seems to be worse with killers like Doctor, Billy, Chucky etc.)

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 967

played a handful of matches and the game is a campers and sluggers paradise. I’m over it and won’t be returning.

All I want is the return of the fog. Why is that so much to ask for? Womp womp.

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,216

Considering that some people use third-party tools or software to brighten their screens, giving them a visual advantage over those who don’t, it seems like the very definition of cheating to me. However, BHVR doesn’t classify this as cheating

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 889

One could accuse you of basically the same, being salty for not being able to 4k every time like it has becoming the norm for sweaty killers in the normal game mode. Survivors can't see the killer too and you often get a free hit as killer. I think gen-speed bonus could be slowed down a bit, but the last time it seemed to be almost unplayable as survivor. The Freddy argument makes no sense to me, his dreamworld seems to be the reason why he got killswitched and i get that, it probably wasn't possible to implement this somehow.

I just see this game mode as what it is, a fun casual mode made for doing challenges and changing the routine. I don't really care if i 4k or not, or if i escape.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,811

I thought those filters were considered cheating. Anything that modifies game settings or performance outside of what comes directly from BHVR (so any third party apps).

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,216

Sadly, it is allowed, I remember someone from BHVR saying something like, "It’s allowed, but you use it at your own risk. We (BHVR) can’t reverse it if EAC bans you." I don’t recall the exact wording, though.

• solarjin1

hey @HerInfernalMajesty my main issue is finding survivors. super boring looking around for them.

The main issue i see people complain about is certain killers power. It just to many killers who are extremely unbalance with no TR and minimum line of sight. About time you see Billy sprinting to your gen it to late, legion just have way to much info to the point u can't even do anything, myers/GF Stalking mechanic is just way to strong in this mode. Certain killers need to be completely ban from this mode for one reason or another. Nurse is completely useless.

i mean u do get off the record at basekit with faster gen speed so i can see that. I just felt the chase aspect of dbd was way less enjoyable for me.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,471

Thanks for the info Solarjin 😊 You know me, it might be an mmr issue 😏

But for reals, you’re right about everything. Especially the Killer powers. Thinking of Legion for this mode makes me laugh lol. OKAY Solarjin I see now okay??? Lol 😉

Hope you’ve been having good games 😊🔦🩸

• solarjin1

nice try.....we all know everyone on the forums high mmr Herlnfernal!!!! your no different

my games been good on the killer side and solo q always whatever. Hope u been having fun as well.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,580

I've powered through (Dredge) to get the rift collectibles.

Nobody had any fun (neither me nor the slugged survivors)

Winning is certainly possible as I won almost every match. (Lost one, got one draw, won all the rest.)

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 675

Bro please re-evaluate your opinions when you're legit upset that NURSE of all Killers is invaludated in this mode. Let weaker Killers like the Stealth ones have ONE mode that lets them be strong. Why is it bad to have a mode that allows some Killers to work better than others? I will never understand that.

Can't you just have fun being jumpscared like everyone else?

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,580

Nurse being useless is kind of funny to me.

On the killer side, I main her and having the light cast-off right at the limit of her first blink range makes chases almost impossible against good players. Sight-blockers? The whole mode is a sight-blocker 😂

I was disappointed watching a famous Huntress streamer try every killer on the mode and going against throwing survivors when he got to her. I would have loved watching him finding a novel solution for this one.

• solarjin1

🤣🤣 poor nurse. Fatigue after fatigue unable to catch survivors. If u can win with her in this mode then god damn.