The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Hyperfocus and Corrective Action is horrible

TheArbiter
TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,480

Not sure I need to say much other than super fast gens and you can be afk while using it. Incredibly strong in stacks of people using these perks in tandem

Comments

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,528

That was the first thing I thought about when I read their suggested change for this perk. I'm not sure how they missed that. Let's hope they'll do something about this.

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 702

Didn't like the idea of the buff anyway. Should only make failed skill checks good like before but it also works on yourself so you can be more greedy at trying to manually get greats. Also would be nice insurance against getting 7 percented i.e when you let go of a generator and you get a skill check at that moment you fail it. I call it 7 percented because that's the supposed chance of it happening.

The conditions for it's old incarnation were extremely limited. You had to have someone else on the generator, they had to get a skill check and they had to miss it. It does nothing under any other circumstance.

Even my proposed incarnation isn't that good but it's not useless and it still helps newer players working with an experienced one.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,889
    edited September 17

Affecting self is a decent change, though it kinda makes Technician completely obsolete and forces that perk to have a completely new concept...

Perhaps Corrective Action might be better if it instead when an ally misses an skillcheck, the failure is prevented, but the CA user gets a difficult skillcheck that grants an additional 2% progress if successful?

That gives it combos, but still requires solid skill to use, and ofc hyperfocus and stake out don't synergise. Although obviously this skillcheck cannot be itself blocked by CA xD

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 702
    edited September 17

I know but we can't fix everything at once. Or at least, we aren't allowed to. I could come up with an idea for both perks but it's neither here or there. Right now the objective is 'make Corrective Action more useful without breaking it'.

Both perks should have been blended into one and the other given a new identity ages ago. Hell if I had my way I'd have taken one perk from every non licensed character and made them accessible to anyone through the shrine at all times so that some of the 'beginner friendly' perks on certain characters could be effectively generic rather then sitting there collecting dust.

Your idea still has the old problem. It does nothing except under a very specific set of circumstances which is why it's unused. I've had the beginner who refuses to use technician and constantly fails skill checks and even in this scenario it's not that useful because we need to be on the same generator at the same time. In realistic terms this just doesn't happen that often. One of us is in chase, saving someone else or any number of things.

Now if you made this also apply to 'yourself' so you get a second chance to take a 'corrective action' that might work and it's certainly a 'theme win' but I think it still won't see use. After all it's more or less competing with things like Prove Thyself and Deja Vu.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,948

no way this gets past ptb

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 804

Ok, here is my idea how to stop this combo.

Change to Corrective Action: Failed skill checks which were turned into Great Skill Checks by Corrective Action are still taken as failed by all survivor perks.

To explain, while the skill check does what a great one does, perks still register it as failed, meaning you don't gain Hyperfocus or Corrective Action stacks.

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 661

Wait I have an idea Mr. Krabs…

What if Corrective Action doesn't fix skill check misses at all but instead, heals you or charges your item a bit while you work on a gen every time someone hits a great?

Now that would be a cool idea. :)

• melissayeti
    melissayeti Member Posts: 11

I feel like the spaghetti code will not help with gaining stacks from others using the perk too or hyper focus

I think the best fix would lowering the token amount. Like at most 2. I have not played the PTB yet, just watched others. And 5 tokens is WAY too much when you basically make it an infinite amount using hyperfocus.

• Bookern
    Bookern Member Posts: 159
    edited September 18

Corrective action and Hyper focus lets you complete gens in 20 SECONDS WHILE AFKING as a SWF theres no skill involved and no need to do skill checks with extreme rewards this CANNOT go live

Post edited by Bookern on
  • HandsomeJack_049
    HandsomeJack_049 Member Posts: 130

Corrective Action as presented here cannot come to live. It might not be a huge issue in solo Q or standard MMR. But it would dominate SWF lobbies. It would be FTP+BU or old MFT all over again (i.e., something that is truly outrageously overpowered in games with well-coordinated teams.)

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 2,088

Dbd doesn't have Spaghetti code anymore. We can let the phrase go now. Its 2024 and we have a new engine with apparently updated servers. What could go wrong…..Oh wait…..

• YuffieGreatestWaifu
    YuffieGreatestWaifu Member Posts: 196

The best solution is Corrective action actually having a CD of 20-30sec to make sure its not abused but still useable.

• Bookern
    edited September 18

Tried this combo out with prove thyself and a maxxed toolbox with bnp 8 seconds Gen was done after bnp it did all the work for me

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,392

If you watched the stream they had last night you'd see they don't really think things through. Someone asked about this exact scenario and the response was "I dunno" pretty much. They're just throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks.

• JonahofArk
    JonahofArk Member Posts: 20

It should be like prove thyself where only one person can have it or benefit from it within a certain range. If this goes live, I'm probably gonna take a break from this game. Or at least play more survivor.

• MarbleThrone
    MarbleThrone Member Posts: 421

Scott Jund was so hopeful when he read the dev update, saying there's no way the devs did not think of this scenario. And yet, here we are.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,578

This is simply insane.

This cannot go into live, at all.

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 661

This is unhealthy as is all generator progression and regression. Either nerf it all, or rework it all, but DO NOT halfass it and let all these progression perks slide while continuously gutting every decent gen control perk Killers have. It's actually insane, actually a slap in the face to anyone who doesn't want to run the top tier strong picks.

Survivors have enough perks to control gens. Toolboxes alone are enough to control gens. Stop giving them more and more and more.

• Bookern

insanely bad changes all around

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,648

Hyperfocus should require actual great skill checks.

The fake great skill checks that are granted by other perks, shouldn't count for Hyperfocus.