Dracula is a glorified M1 killer

Yeah it's fun to fly around the map but there's so many things I'd change to his power

Comments

• KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 713

Only thing I'd change is that you can use the second pounce whenever you want as long as it's in the timeframe and that the wolf isn't slowed down while walking backwards. That being said both isn't really needed at every costs he's pretty good most of the time.

• Brix
    Brix Member Posts: 129

Dracula played well is mostly Bat into M1 or M2, basically a different Spirit with an additional anti loop power

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,358

Yeah okay lets go with that

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,111

He really is. Can't use Wolf or Bat to do anything, and Hellfire is so slow. At strong loops like shack and jungle gyms, he literally can't get a good survivor.

• RootsofDredge
    RootsofDredge Member Posts: 46

Dracula is actually a decent killer. It's map design that's the problem.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,340

That's basically my thought as well. He has a decently high skill ceiling and enough power to feel rewarding to master.

• CautionaryMary
    CautionaryMary Member Posts: 108

Exactly, even if I'm hit with the pounce I can respect the fact that Dracula masterfully predicted which way I would go. It also gives him a chance to catch up to the survivor for the missed pounces for example.

Even though I have trouble with Dracula, that's more on my end and a skill issue (in some regards) it's still fun to learn how to properly dodge his attacks. All of his powers are quite versatile.

His Hellfire helps zone survivors, the wolf pounce allows a catch up in case they miss and there is a cooldown to it I believe, and the Bat form helps him traverse the map quite easily compared to other mobility based killers. He is definitely not a glorified m1 killer and is quite skilled in the right hands of the person.

• AssortedSorting
    AssortedSorting Member Posts: 1,094
    edited September 18

Bat form is great at speedily patrolling generators and listening for any change in progress or catching stray scratch marks of survivors sprinting at a distance while they don't know your location, as well as returning to hook quickly. Oh, and of course the teleport that lets you travel far with extreme speed and traverse up/down mutli-level structures that have windows.

Wolf form is great at short-range catchup and brute-forcing loops with its haste, or getting good corners where the end of the first pounce and turning directly puts the survivor within range of the second, as well as tracking survivor movement through walls even if they use some kind of scratch mark suppression item/you lose track of them.

Hellfire unfortunately has a bit too much similarity to the wolf pounce (in terms of uniquely distinct mechanical design of a linear ground following ranged attack, would have been better as a fireball with the speed of an uncharged Huntress hatchet IMO), but it can be used around the corners of loops/pallets to ping survivors if they're in a chokepoint and also able to be used as a zoning tool to threaten a hit at things like vaults and droppable pallets.

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited September 18

Yup. I just uploaded a pounce montage recently to my channel with some spare footage I had in my library. Loving Dracula's gameplay so far. AWOOO ๐Ÿบ

• CautionaryMary

That poor Sable and then Yui diving from the heavens to be immediately taken down. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Your video highlights the level of precision and reflexes a Dracula player needs in order to down a survivor. This isn't even including the fact that in the video you provided, you masterfully were able to injure and down within the same chase as well.

I never realized how much of a quick succession it is for the timing of the attack. There is also counterplay because as he charges the pounce, he gets slower as well. I've had my fair share of dodging his pounce attacks and I'm gonna be honest and admit that I will predrop the pallet to prevent being hit with the attack in general. Even with that being said, I do think predropping a pallet helps as it creates a buffer window to have space between you and the wolf form creating a mindgame dynamic of Dracula breaking the pallet or looping you around it. He's very highly skilled, no doubt about it and thanks for the video!

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,340

The wolf pounce does infact have a cooldown. That cooldown is just lessened by picking up scent orbs in wolf form, so someone who STAYS in wolf form can pounce more often than someone who immediately swaps forms.

• CautionaryMary

Interesting, I just kinda learned as I go with him. I haven't really watched any videos or anything as I like to learn on my own gameplay experiences with him, but I didn't know the scent orbs allows more freedom to lessen the cooldown and cause more pounces in general. ๐Ÿ˜‚

I think I only went against him a few times during his pre-patch buffs that he got. I know a lot of survivors might feel like he's oppressive, especially in the wolf form but I like the general gameplay loop and it feels nice to avoid a hit too.

I'm sure overtime I'll be able to learn more techniques to have a long chase with him like I did with Vecna. (I've always heard people hate Vecna, but he's very easy to predict and you can force him to use his powers).

• CautionaryMary

Yep, from my experience... Predropping pallets against wolf form and simply leaving a tile as Dracula will more than likely use Hellfire. It's all about learning different counterplay and obviously survivors will get better against him as time goes on.

But you're right, that's why it's important to know when to swap abilities from time to time. He's quite strong and even I struggle against him sometimes. I like the Wesker touch, I never thought to compare him to it lol. But you're right, even the wolf form acts like a catch-up mechanic similar to virulent bound.

• Nun_So_Vile

Exactly. To me, you have to play him like a stance-switch god. I'll paraphrase Otz cause I think he hit the nail right on the head when he said on stream that the learning curve for him is that on top of having to have 1 power click, you have to have 2 or 3 other ones click as well to get the most out of him.

You gotta know when to hold themโ€ฆknow when to fold them. ๐Ÿค ๐ŸŽ™๏ธ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited September 18

Oh you know that was Sable's last one for the night after that. I guess Dracula just has that powerful of aโ€ฆ bark? lol.

I might be in the minority, but I actually really like how pounce is quick and doesn't let you cancel between each. It forces you commit to the m2 and make decisions in the moment. That means you waste less time mulling about to hit a surv. Speaking of pre-dropping, I always forget his bat can teleport to downed palletsโ€ฆ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ˜…

• CautionaryMary

Oh yes, I have experienced the same things with a Wesker hit (being hit when he's on one side of the pallet and I'm on the other ๐Ÿ’€) or stunning a Pyramid Head while he's in power but still getting hit. It's harsh, but I must say I haven't experienced what Sable endured and Yui probably watched the whole thing happen and was like, "Okay, I give up. You win, doggo." ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚