The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Corrective Action + Hyperfocus + Prove Thyself + Quick Gambit

Azulra
Azulra Member Posts: 478

Possibly one of the most obnoxious gen rush builds to date since gens will be flying from survivors just being AFK on gens

Comments

• Rickprado
    Rickprado Member Posts: 560

Sorry but i don't understand the problem of Corrective Action + Hyperfocus. Why it would be such an issue? It will be a problem maybe in SWF (as most of the things of this game) but will require at least two people doubling on a gen to make if effective. Also, its half of a survivor build to do this combo.

I'm still not sure of how strong its going to be, but i think we already have very strong builds and, most important, ITEMS that increases gen progress in absurd speeds.

Toolboxes are far more problematic than most of these perk combos.

• Azulra

And a gen popping in roughly 17 seconds of a match is too much

• Bookern
    Bookern Member Posts: 159

This cannot go to live

• Pelaan
    Pelaan Member Posts: 4

Theses changes are disgusting

• Azulra

Corrective Action is more than likely gonna be looked into anyways since it can feed into another survivor's Corrective Action which I'm pretty sure isn't supposed to work that way and is just free rewards for doing nothing, but, yeah, Hyperfocus does need some attention at some point in time since it's one of the strongest gen speed perks in the game so I agree with you there.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,042

Yeah, this is pretty nightmarish when failed skill checks are counting as great skill checks and positive feedback looping both perks, keeping both players' Corrective Actions charged while increasing the frequency of skill checks. It's a genuinely braindead combo that rewards you for not even trying when the point of Hyperfocus is that it's high skill high reward.

• YuffieGreatestWaifu
    YuffieGreatestWaifu Member Posts: 196

Just make Corrective Action a cool down required perk this avoids all the mess giving noobs some use and proplayers required skill to still do it.

• YuffieGreatestWaifu
    YuffieGreatestWaifu Member Posts: 196

Giving it a cooldown would still make it noob friendly and give SWFs one fail check every 20-30secs but it wont do all the checks.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,263
    edited September 18

Please do tell me how you hit skillchecks on a gen while being afk? — Or ist it actually that busted that you can literally miss the skillchecks on purpose and corrective action will take care of it?

That being said; yes, that combo (tbh, not just that combo; nearly any change to a perk this ptb) is a problem and should not go live.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,263

damn. - Wasn't aware the starting with a number of tokens for Corrective Action was a thing. Thought you started with zero (but I think that was Stake Out, right?)

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,042

Yeah, Stake Out starts at zero. I was wrong, Corrective Action starts with 3 and can climb to 5 through hitting great skill checks, but the problem remains that the combo already starts out charged and has enough of a buffer to keep going when one player is getting more skill checks than the other.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,579

Watching CoconutRTS doing a variant of that build right now.

This is insane.

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 663

Please just stop buffing generator progression perks while also simultaneously nerfing any and all generator control/regression Killers have. Stop. STOP.

Let Killers control SOMETHING to keep the match from being five minutes long. You can't even hold a 3 gen anymore the way you could. We don't NEED all these gen repair and charge changes. JUST. STOP.

• Bookern
    Bookern Member Posts: 159

Scrap these changes

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,948

I thought the corrective action buff was fair

This shows that hyperfocus should get a rework imo it’s just too problematic when other gen perks get positive changes