We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

"Skull Merchant gets reworked in late 2025"

MaliciousToilet
MaliciousToilet Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

This has got to be a joke, right? It has to be.

Comments

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,400

Hopefully not

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,923

Where did you hear this?

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,130

Where did you hear this? The latest Info I got was 2025, without any mention if it would be early, mid or later in the year.

• This content has been removed.
  • Unknown
    edited September 20
    This content has been removed.
  • Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,130

Thank you. So second half of the year at least, so earliest should be July.

I dont know, I think this is far too long. In general, they should have put way more ressources into reworking her shortly after release.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,923
    edited September 20

That is wild. I just watched Paulie's video for that segment about her. Its going to be a minimum wait of til July before this rework comes through.

Also I am glad they clarified her inflated kill rates doesn't include matches with first hook suicides or dc's.

• BlackRose89
    BlackRose89 Member Posts: 335
    edited September 20

Don't be surprised they push that back into 2026... BHVR had a track record of pushing reworks back and having them take two or more years to do. Reason why I think gutting her is such a terrible game design. Leaving a character nearly useless for a year+ is a sign of terrible game design, poor priority, and bad resource management.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,759

It's not about Internet complaints. It's about what actually happens in games against her. People can complain all they want about Nemesis, but if BHVR's data and internal testers all say its a good killer, the complaints won't go anywhere.

And the number of people who need to try and sabotage games to get that type of effect is not a practical concern.

People loathe Skull Merchant. I'm surprised its taken them this long to take this step.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 2,015

Best news ever

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,448
    edited September 20

At this point they should start offering refunds to people who purchased her.

Yes i know "live service game blah blah"

There is something different at work here. They actively are intentionally nerfing the killer such that she is unplayable until they rework her. That is different then just "we tuned her". And, they literally admitted to doing that purposefully on stream.

• I_Cant_Loop
    I_Cant_Loop Member Posts: 457

There are only like 10 people in the world who are upset about this. Everyone else is rejoicing and hoping that she stays deleted forever.

Skull Merchant was a massive failure and this is BHVR's way of getting rid of the problem without having to admit that they made a big mistake by releasing her.

• Yggleif
    Yggleif Member Posts: 188

This is just plain unethical by BHVR, characters get nerfed all the time that's fine but activity saying "we're gonna make this character people paid for and has cosmetics people paid for purposefully awful and just leave them like that for a year or more" is a very different thing and I feel like people should now need to think twice before buying content for this game if this actually goes through because this is bordering on scamming the players.