Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What's the point in playing Spirit when Dracula exists ?

Like seriously, Dracula's Bat form is essentially a Spirit's phasing with unlimited duration which bypasses vaults and dropped vaults (and can even block them with an add-on) and even if you somehow screw up with that you're still a 115% speed killer with 2 other anti loop abilities (or you can just use the bats again right after cause the cooldown is stupid quick it might as well not exist).

Meanwhile Spirit's a 110% killer who has no other abilities if she screw up her phasing which is super easy now with her directional audio phase and Iron Will being back in the meta, if survivors just reach a strong window or God pallet while Spirit's phasing girl is cooked, also she's literally unplayable against decent teams without the green power cooldown add-on, being stuck as a powerless 110% speed killer for 15 seconds is way too long against survivors that are efficient on gens. Also she has virtually no map mobility/pressure anymore cause all of her add-ons that were giving her good mobility were nerfed into ground while Dracula just gets good mobility for free in base kit (cause again, unlimited duration on bats and virtually no cooldown on them either) which can be made even better with add-ons.

Seriously it's insane how much I need to sweat while playing Spirit now compared to when I play Dracula and I used to main Spirit, I can't imagine how bad it must be to play her if she isn't your main.

Comments

• Jock21
    Jock21 Member Posts: 11

The type of survivors that allow you to hit them as a powerless 110% speed killer would probably be 4k'ed 5 gen'ed by my Dracula.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,674

I thought bat form had two layers of audio, and the inner layer had directional audio?

• Jock21

She has a mere 5 seconds of power duration, if you just reach a God pallet or window while she's mid phase or juke her with Iron Will she's now stuck as a powerless 110% killer for the next 10-15 seconds, Dracula can regroup much faster if you juke his bats with either his other abilities or even the bats themselves.

Also MDR is another add-on that got nerfed into the ground that now it's suicidal to run it without combo-ing with Dried Cherry Blossom, especially in this IW meta, maybe if they removed the downside it could be worth to run it on its own again.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,333
    edited September 22

I said the same thing, and Spirit is my 2nd main. Hoenstly tho, I find Dracula is perfect exactly where he is. There's nothing I find over-or-under this-or-that, he is just simply a well-designed and balanced killer. It's been years since a killer has had a kit that felt this good to play to me.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,515

Do you think he will get changed to where he can’t switch forms as quick or often?

• Jock21

The 110% speed killer with the longer cooldown and no other abilities is 100% not the one with more room of error here. A single missed phase and that's a lot of time wasted already (especially with no cooldown add-ons), a single IW play can lose you an entire chase.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,946

Don't know what gonna happen or if anything is gonna happen. Wolf and Dracula are no problems at all. It's just the quick in and out of bat - form that seems problematic to me.

Nerfing the other forms seems unnecessary to me.

Spirit is harder to play against due to being invisible to survivors and being able to instantly hit out of phase. That's why she had better chase than Dracula.

Dracula however has a lot less cooldowns. Therefore he a lot longer and faster on people than spirit.

Spirit is stronger than Dracula. If she misses, she gets punished harder. If she doesn't miss, she gets hits and downs faster than Dracula.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,197

you could say same in reverse if dracula was worse. what is point of playing dracula if he is worse spirit? Dracula is m2 spirit whose two special abilities are hellfire and wolf pounce. Spirit being an m2 killer with m1 attached at the end. in practice spirit can use instant down perks and m1-type perk like sloppy butcher/surge but a lot of these perk are not good or were nerfed. both killer have pro and cons.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,946

Have not looked at it that way. Good that you bring the m1 and m2 aspect to the table.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,197

from ptb, i knew that he had big potencial to be strong killer but his initial numbers were too poor to showcase his strengths. Now he is showcasing some of his strengths as a killer. i honestly considering writing as post about dracula to be 4.4 m/s killer where his hellfire ability would be slightly improved and his wolf form pounce be improved but his m/s reduced. scent orbs would no longer grant haste but would be more focused on long range tracking similar to how Oni's blood orbs work.

I think he'd be higher skill-floor and skill-cieling spirit since you'd have to optimize and use his bat correctly to make up for his lower m/s on wolf and vampire form.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,225

Spirit has the higher skill floor for sure, but that's generally true for many killers released since 2021. Killer skill floors have drastically lowered in recent years with some exceptions. But a high level Spirit will generally be stronger than a high level Dracula IMO.

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 898

Everyone complained that Bat form was crap. So it got buffed. It was already great. Now it's even better.

• albertoplus
    albertoplus Member Posts: 285

It was decent, but not "great". I always felt the teleport was extremely slow for a 32 meters teleport and the teleport speed addon did need to be basekit.

Now it still doesn't reach that addon speed but its close and feels much better.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,280

This is why i don't play my spirit anymore, i play dracula nowdays. Just more fun and less audio issues.

• Jock21

Being invisible barely matters cause of her directional phase audio, hitting out instantly of phase is the only thing she has over Dracula but good survivors aware of her power's limitations can easily counter it, she sure as hell don't feel like she can do anything faster than Dracula, not with all of her nerfed add-ons and in this IW and OTR meta.

• albertoplus
    albertoplus Member Posts: 285
    edited September 23

Spirit is still relegated as one of the "top 5" killers in the game, sometimes still even being put at the "top 3" just after Nurse and Blight. Im not really sure on the "can easily counter it" thing.

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 877

Also, Iron Will and Off the Record seem to be one of your big arguments against Spirit, but guess what?

Dracula can also get screwed over by the same exact perks.

• Sngfun
    Sngfun Member Posts: 240

Dracula has 50% bonus audio on footsteps, kind of like a basekit stridor but for steps

https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Dracula

• Some people wold rather not pay real money for Dracula and just play spirit who comes with the game instead

• Jock21

This was probably done before Iron Will was buffed back to 100% cause now I'm seeing even popular streamers dropping her down on the tier list for this exact same reason. Nobody would willingly choose to play Spirit against a full IW squad and considering that IW is currently the 6th most used survivor perk according to nightlight going against such a squad isn't uncommon anymore. So far I can't even remember the last match where at least one survivor didn't have Iron Will.

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 877

I know that. And I heard that there is barely any difference.

• caipt
    caipt Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 584

spirit has better control, speed, lethality, and far less counterplay than dracula.

• Aceislife
    Aceislife Member Posts: 264

Spirit is pretty easy to destroy survivors with.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,969
    edited September 25

That does actually sound very interesting, though this would kill him on console.... Both flame pillar and wolf are hard to use on a controller, even at 4.6, and even Bat isn't too easy to use on controller.

Flame Pillar is like trying to use Xeno tail with all the terrain hitting issues, quadruple the wind up time and no ability to drag the hit.

Wolf Pounce is like trying hit a Wesker pounce while trying to do an old Hillbilly curve at same time.

Bat feels like Dredge, where most of the time you're fine, but every now and again you click the wrong window and fly way short/way past where you intended.

I've managed to make most killer work somewhat on console, usually there are one or two add-ons that helps a LOT... but Dracula doesn't have any addons really that help you out on console other than maybe the extra scent cooldown on Wolf... and the one that should (the homing pillars), does absolutely nothing xD