Why camping?

Options

Comments

• awsome_predator
    awsome_predator Member Posts: 35
    Options

@arcticxlia said:
    I was playing some rounds (ps4), had a few campers (even facecamper) and i'm really asking myself why some Killers are camping? These even don't get much points and probably don't Pip..so whY the [BAD WORD]?
    I really dont get it. 

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/6067/i-urge-the-developers-to-watch-this-entire-video-reduce-the-max-number-of-pallets#latest

Read this thread, it explains perfectly why Killers have to camp especially at high rank. You need to Camp or at best you get a Black Pip, you'll only rank up if the RNG are on you and survivors made extremely bad move like constantly saving friends when killer was near etc

if you don't camp you will lose. because games only last 5-8 minutes, gens are too fast, and survivors having 3 lives means you MUST focused on one person or they will all get away. and you MUST TUNNEL

Face camp, however, will guarantee you will lose the game

It depends on what u class as a win and a loss u get loads of points and don't pip is that a win? Or is getting a 3/4 man low point n pip a win either way what does it matter it's that person's choice how they want to play for whatever reason just like how survivors want to play the want to flashlight teabag chase me chase me so be it what frustrates u may not frustrate others n vice versa it is all part n parcel about what we like I dislike in game but all games have things people don't like others doing at end of the day it's a game if you didn't like it u wouldn't play but clearly we all do only thing I think should stop is toxic chat so what if u get tunneled or camped that's what they wanted to do so what if they constantly flash light u body block that game they won and that's how they wanted to play let's just remove toxic chat as benefits no1 and kinda pointless as unless u making money off the game or are proven to be best were all crap gamers in comparison to the best.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

@Amanda55 said:

@MrChills said:
    Camping can indeed be a decent strategy yet as a high ranking killer myself, I strongly feel that camping is only a good strategy when it comes to the gates are powered or open, when three generators are close together, survivors being way too overconfident, parties in the basement, basement builds, and finally when a generator is nearly done and you hook a survivor near it. You now have objective control over both the hook and generator yet my main concern is with the blatant camping aka griefing . I've had campers camp me for no reason and many others when 5 generators are up, and I find it highly annoying that there's really not many counters to camping beside genrushing " sucks for that guy". I think that is wrong that another player has to suffer just for someone's sadistic amusement!

I think it's not a bad idea to create items or more perks that can free someone being camped. What i believe should happen is that our report system needs to be reworked to deal with people who grief just to ruin your day yet here are my ideas.

Purple Bomb- I name this item purple bomb to give homage to our good old friend( I hate you) purple flashlight. The light bomb would be an ultra rare that when thrown, will blow up on impact, stunning a killer near the hook for x amount of seconds due to the immense amount of Auric light or just light produced from the blast. The draw back of this item that the killer must be near a hook and only ONE can be brought into the game. If more than one purple bomb is attempted to be brought into the game, only one person will keep their purple bomb randomly and the others will have different items they own and if they own no items, no items will be brought.

FireCrackers- They never bothered me once as a killer yet I found use as them as a survivor. I feel like firecrackers deafen mechanic can be looked at to change it to where a killer can't perform any action besides moving while deafen x amount of time depending on the firecrackers' rarity.

Adding a special toolbox or toolbox add on that allows for a survivor to be able to unhook someone by causing the hook to collapse and if the camping killer is in that radius of the collapse hook, they're stun for x amount of time.

Perk 1- The Jester's Demise- If a Killer camps you for x amount of time when the gates ARE NOT OPEN OR POWERED IN ANY AMOUNT the Entity grants you it's protection for x amount of time to you and your savior to where nothing can put you into a dying state for x amount of time. T-baging will disable the effect and borrowed time, Adrenaline, and no perks such as self care, dead hard, and much more cannot be used during The Jester's Demise and X amount of time afterwards on both players who have The jester's Demise on them. This can only be used once per Trial( game) If the killer is in a chase around the hook, the x amount of time will not be added. I put x amount of time as in how much time would be needed to active the perk.

Perk 2- Not_Dead- If a killer camps you to second stage for x amount of time, the second stage will be delayed & The Fog will swirl around you, you will have a chance to hit a skillcheck. if you hit this skillcheck, the fog will teleport you to a safe spot on the map, very far from the exit gate yet very far from killer. if the killer tries to hit the fog that shrouds you in those moments, you will be healed to a healthy state.

We could also add some items for characters for example a guitar that can only be used and found by Kate Denson Kate will be able to use guitar to quell the killer for x amount of time by playing the song that caused her to come into The Entity's world or a foul pizza. Dwight can used a foul pizza ridden with auric cells to distract the killer to devour it for x amount of time.

I love these idea's :D

yeah, it's from a psot I made yesterday on balance and feedback yet no one commented or saw but I think these would be great and thank you!

• Iodine
    Iodine Member Posts: 15
    Options

anyone that camps is a ( input bad word ) just saying get good

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    Options
    Iodine said:

anyone that cries about valid tactics is a ( input bad word ) just saying git gud
  • TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260
    Options

@Lowbei said:
    Iodine said:

anyone that cries about valid tactics is a ( input bad word ) just saying git gud

How did you break out of jail Lowbei

Camping is a valid tactic (a poor one) but a tactic all the less, ruins enjoyment of one / two survivors for the benefit of the other two. just don't be the first or second one to get caught and you'll have a blast. Do 2 and half gens each, escape and you pip. buzzin'

• Lowbei
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Lowbei said:
    Iodine said:

How did you break out of jail Lowbei

“No cage can hold him” - Dr Sam Loomis
  • Lowbei
    edited June 2018
    Options
    this forum never double posts.
  • TeambossFloze
    Options

@Lowbei said:

“No cage can hold him” - Dr Sam Loomis

Pretty valid reason.

• Skairipa
    Skairipa Member Posts: 255
    Options

@TeambossFloze said:
    Camping is a valid tactic (a poor one) but a tactic all the less, ruins enjoyment of one / two survivors for the benefit of the other two. just don't be the first or second one to get caught and you'll have a blast. Do 2 and half gens each, escape and you pip. buzzin'

sssssh careful, the son upstairs will not agree with you, because you deserve to be camper like everyone, nobody can escape from his killing spree.

check it out: https://twitch.tv/videos/277228539 04:38:03, best perform ever seen <3 rank 1 he said to get there every time.

• oafafoxfeather
    oafafoxfeather Member Posts: 30
    Options

Okay so camping is legit. Facecamping is also legit. SWF are also legit, flashlights, bm, meta perks on survivors also legit. Killers don't cry and survivors don't cry then. I'm getting facecamped at rank 2 for having BL, BT, SC and Leader.

• Skrzydlata
    Skrzydlata Member Posts: 19
    Options
    It does not matter what rank you are, practically every match happens to me that killer camping. I play on PS4.
  • TeambossFloze
    Options

@Skairipa said:

@TeambossFloze said:

sssssh careful, the son upstairs will not agree with you, because you deserve to be camper like everyone, nobody can escape from his killing spree.

check it out: https://twitch.tv/videos/277228539 04:38:03, best perform ever seen <3 rank 1 he said to get there every time.

Sorry am I letting out secrets :O

and cool Lowbei is a streamer, just hit you up with a follow @Lowbei

• Skairipa
    Options

@TeambossFloze said:

nah, i just checked his credentials :D it's kinda funny when they tell you how strong they are in the game and then, find out why they behave this way (or respond like that). But I'm crying for camping, this is what matters. :)

• TeambossFloze
    Options

@Skairipa said:

@TeambossFloze said:

nah, i just checked his credentials :D it's kinda funny when they tell you how strong they are in the game and then, find out why they behave this way (or respond like that). But I'm crying for camping, this is what matters. :)

Don't cry bro don't cry >3

• Skairipa
    Options

@TeambossFloze said:

i really tried mate ç__ç tears flow up uninterrupted. Feel me.

• TeambossFloze
    Options

@Skairipa said:

@TeambossFloze said:

i really tried mate ç__ç tears flow up uninterrupted. Feel me.

I will give you a hug but I wont be feeling ya kapish :chuffed:

• Stevo
    Stevo Member Posts: 121
    Options
    It does not matter what rank you are, practically every match happens to me that killer camping. I play on PS4.
    I play on PS4 too, I even stream the game sometimes. It's bad, but not nearly as bad as you make it out to be. I play R12 survivor currently and yes, I've had people sit in front of me with chainsaws recently, but before that I've gone so many games without a camping killer. You're just unlucky.

Plus, there's times where something has merited the killer to camp you. Other survs nearby, you've done something to annoy them so they want you out of the game, exits are open, just to name a few reasons why killers camp. Like I said in my last post in this thread, the killer is entitled to playing whatever way they feel like playing, camping or not. Same goes for survivors and looping. As cheap or unlikeable some tactics are, they're still legit (not counting exploits and hacks etc. obviously). 
  • Sehkmet
    Sehkmet Member Posts: 127
    edited June 2018
    Options

I just made this topic, i hope you come here and post your thoughts... i think this is a big "WHY"

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/6470/camper-or-goodgame-killers-viewpoint

• Skrzydlata
    Skrzydlata Member Posts: 19
    Options
    Stevo said:
    I play on PS4 too, I even stream the game sometimes. It's bad, but not nearly as bad as you make it out to be. I play R12 survivor currently and yes, I've had people sit in front of me with chainsaws recently, but before that I've gone so many games without a camping killer. You're just unlucky.

Plus, there's times where something has merited the killer to camp you. Other survs nearby, you've done something to annoy them so they want you out of the game, exits are open, just to name a few reasons why killers camp. Like I said in my last post in this thread, the killer is entitled to playing whatever way they feel like playing, camping or not. Same goes for survivors and looping. As cheap or unlikeable some tactics are, they're still legit (not counting exploits and hacks etc. obviously). 
    I am probably unlucky because I often appear near a killer. Not every time it is a typical facecamp but as they call it, "patrolling" even when no one is around. I think that camping is a weakness for those who can't play well.
  • Lowbei
    Options
    Skairipa said:

@TeambossFloze said:

lol your butthurt never ends.

you linked to one match in a 9+ hour stream (thanks for watching), and the match you linked had me killing all 4 and making 48.4k, while camping. you literally proved yourself wrong by linking my video. great job lol

ive been rank1 on both sides dozens of times son. the reason theres only a few days of dbd videos from me this month is because ive been busy hitting pirate legend in sea of thieves, which i accomplished easily. so ive not been too focused on dbd this month.

i also play high af which gives them a much needed advantage, and still win.

thanks for watching twitch.tv/lowbei

• Lowbei
    Options

@Skairipa said:

@TeambossFloze said:

ty :)
  • Skairipa
    Options

@Lowbei said:

you linked to one match in a 9+ hour stream (thanks for watching), and the match you linked had me killing all 4 and making 48.4k, while camping. you literally proved yourself wrong by linking my video. great job lol

ive been rank1 on both sides dozens of times son. the reason theres only a few days of dbd videos from me this month is because ive been busy hitting pirate legend in sea of thieves, which i accomplished easily. so ive not been too focused on dbd this month.

No, you probably did not understand the meaning of my sentence, as for the others above, but I do not expect you to understand since you're still responding when you miss the sense of all the answers above and continue to respond like an angry child he thinks he's right. I've simply shown that you're talking nonsense, and your game shows you where you project your frustration on other players, when you should think carefully that nobody cares anything about you, and what you think. If you were an honest player you would stop crying, pointing at random and saying "butthurt - git gud - im better of you - you not my level" etc etc.

I recommend a psychologist if you need it.

• JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 611
    Options
    Skairipa said:

@Lowbei said:

No, you probably did not understand the meaning of my sentence, as for the others above, but I do not expect you to understand since you're still responding when you miss the sense of all the answers above and continue to respond like an angry child he thinks he's right. I've simply shown that you're talking nonsense, and your game shows you where you project your frustration on other players, when you should think carefully that nobody cares anything about you, and what you think. If you were an honest player you would stop crying, pointing at random and saying "butthurt - git gud - im better of you - you not my level" etc etc.

I love you Skair. Glad people are noticing.
  • Sn0wJob
    Sn0wJob Member Posts: 247
    Options

Because hex ruin is the only counter to swf and I don't have it.

• Lowbei
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Skairipa said:

@Lowbei said:

lol the irony of you posting your butthurt nonsensical rant with no punctuation and looking like a crying child, is really funny.

the video you linked from my stream showed me camping and winning easily. you lose. gg.

feel free to keep spilling your salt tho haha
  • Skairipa
    Options

@Lowbei said:
    lol the irony of you posting your butthurt nonsensical rant with no punctuation looking like a crying child, is really funny.

the video you linked from my stream showed me camping and winning easily. you lose. gg.

Son, you're absolutely right about one thing, but you keep forgetting the important things in a speech. I shared that link to show how frustrated you are :) you will have done hours on this game, but continue to behave as if you were playing yesterday. Please keep calling us butthurt, or cry more.

Wake up, you're at a low rank, and do you complain if someone shows you how you play? Ah sorry, 1756 hours, but I do 4 out of 4, of course, you can achieve these rankings, no to rank 1 :) listen to me.

• Lowbei
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Skairipa said:

@Lowbei said:
    lol the irony of you posting your butthurt nonsensical rant with no punctuation looking like a crying child, is really funny.

Son, you're absolutely right about one thing, but you keep forgetting the important things in a speech. I shared that link to show how frustrated you are :) you will have done hours on this game, but continue to behave as if you were playing yesterday. Please keep calling us butthurt, or cry more.

Wake up, you're at a low rank, and do you complain if someone shows you how you play? Ah sorry, 1756 hours, but I do 4 out of 4, of course, you can achieve these rankings, no to rank 1 :) listen to me.

i think you might not be intelligent enough to “get it”

i wasnt frustrated at all in the video you linked. i easily killed all 4 and literally tripled the survivors scores lol. i made 48k. their best was 15k.

heres the link in case you want to watch it again https://m.twitch.tv/videos/277228539  @ 4h 38m

and again, i havent played much this month due to crushing it in other games, which you can see from my videos, but im usually rank1 on both sides when i play more than a couple matches a day.

you lose. try again. gg :)
  • Skairipa
    Options

@Lowbei said:

i wasnt frustrated at all in the video you linked. i easily killed all 4 and literally tripled the survivors scores lol. i made 48k. their best was 15k.

heres the link in case you want to watch it again https://m.twitch.tv/videos/277228539  @ 4h 38m

and again, i havent played much this month due to crushing it in other games, which you can see from my videos, but im usually rank1 on both sides when i play more than a couple matches a day.

It is clear that you have to discuss your issues outside of the game. It's not my business, you've won :) Make sure you do not end up banned if you continue with this behavior, both in the forum (with these spam responses) and in the game. Please do not answer, I do not care to give credit to a child rank 10 triggered. See you at stake and see what rank you will be in the future;).

gg

• Lowbei
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Skairipa said:

@Lowbei said:

It is clear that you have to discuss your issues outside of the game. It's not my business, you've won :) Make sure you do not end up banned if you continue with this behavior, both in the forum (with these spam responses) and in the game. Please do not answer, I do not care to give credit to a child rank 10 triggered. See you at stake and see what rank you will be in the future;).

gg

#rekt

my achievements show that ive been hitting rank1 for years on both sides.

yeah thats right, now stop tapping spacebar and just die son.

now youve ragequit both the game and the forum.

dont worry, you were just embarrassing yourself anyways. gg
  • Skairipa
    edited June 2018
    Options

lol the entire community rekt you :) on the game. AHAHAHAHAHAH #rekt

• Lowbei
    Options
    Skairipa said:

lol the entire gamers rekt you :) on the game. AHAHAHAHAHAH #rekt

lol now youre just salty and making things up

everyone can see my videos, and again, the video you linked i made 48k, they made 15k.

like i said, please like comment and subscribe if you are going to throw a tantrum about my videos :) gg
  • Skairipa
    Options

" lol non youre just salty and making things up "

gg

• Skairipa
    Options

rekt

• Lowbei
    Options
    Skairipa said:

rekt

agreed. you got rekt. now stop crying about it and git gud lol
  • Skairipa
    Options

" everyone can see my videos, and again, the video you linked i made 48k, they made 15k. "

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH rank 10.

• Skairipa
    Options

" you got rekt - git gud - cry more "

what i missing? mmh

• TheDarkLycan
    TheDarkLycan Member Posts: 435
    Options
    Markness said:

They usually suck at the game. It gets worse as you rank up because you'l get people that use broken add-ons and camp on top of that. I don't get it.. well, actually I do.. they suck at the game and are using broken add-ons to make up for their skill and frustration that makes up being a high rank killer.

They're the equivalent to survivors that use DS. I don't mind camping if its strategic like when people are hook swarming like fools, or the gens are all powered, but when you do it when no gens are done and you're a P3 huntress with 1-shot hatchets.. you're just as toxic as the noob3/ochido neanderthals.

This game needs a swamp cleaning though. If people are running oOo/DS that can sometimes explain why a killer may camp too, never underestimate the lengths that some survivors will go through just to piss off the killer. It is pretty much why I stopped playing trapper/wraith/freddy.

Not all campers suck though, I dont suck and I camp but only if it's a super toxic survivor, like the kind that rats out their own teammates or tbags after every window vault and pallet drop

• Lowbei
    Options
    Skairipa said:

" everyone can see my videos, and again, the video you linked i made 48k, they made 15k. "

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH rank 10.

lol if you are done throwing a tantrum, feel free to watch my elder scrolls online (top dps sorc NA) and sea of thieves (top 10 pirate legends worldwide) videos to see what ive been playing for the last few weeks, since you are so concerned with my rank this month :)
  • Skairipa
    Options

" my achievements show that ive been hitting rank1 for years on both sides. "

XDDDDDDDD my achievements.....anyone like ur attitude hack this achievement, and then they come here to boast, while they use only one killer, only one surv. And continue to remain rank 10 a season almost over.

Please go back to boost your " achievements " and tell me another joke.

Oh wait, u got 48k xD as if this result gave you the right to say you're good, but at the end of the game you see how much you rekt the players, because u still not understanding how to play properly the killer.

• Lowbei
    Options
    Markness said:

They usually suck at the game. It gets worse as you rank up because you'l get people that use broken add-ons and camp on top of that. I don't get it.. well, actually I do.. they suck at the game and are using broken add-ons to make up for their skill and frustration that makes up being a high rank killer.

They're the equivalent to survivors that use DS. I don't mind camping if its strategic like when people are hook swarming like fools, or the gens are all powered, but when you do it when no gens are done and you're a P3 huntress with 1-shot hatchets.. you're just as toxic as the noob3/ochido neanderthals.

This game needs a swamp cleaning though. If people are running oOo/DS that can sometimes explain why a killer may camp too, never underestimate the lengths that some survivors will go through just to piss off the killer. It is pretty much why I stopped playing trapper/wraith/freddy.

Not all campers suck though, I dont suck and I camp but only if it's a super toxic survivor, like the kind that rats out their own teammates or tbags after every window vault and pallet drop

yeah camping is fine. only the bads cry about it.
  • Skairipa
    Options

@Lowbei said:
    lol if you are done throwing a tantrum, feel free to watch my elder scrolls online (top dps sorc NA) and sea of thieves (top 10 pirate legends worldwide) videos to see what ive been playing for the last few weeks, since you are so concerned with my rank this month :)

neh, im only concerned about ur mental issues. Still responding with nonsense talking, and still missing all points, but it's ok :) im not your parents.

• Skairipa
    Options

I'm top 1000 in pubg, I do not come here to say bragging about something I'm not. This is because you are triggered, otherwise you would not answer so angry.

• Lowbei
    Options
    Skairipa said:

@Lowbei said:

neh, im only concerned about ur mental issues. Still responding with nonsense talking, and still missing all points, but it's ok :) im not your parents.

thank you for continuing to bump this post with your butthurt. please continue your salt for at least 2 more pages haha 

• Skairipa
    Options

@Lowbei said:

thank you for continuing to bump this post with your butthurt. please continue your salt for at least 2 more pages haha 

troller wannabe rekt :) it's always you Son. Dont forget that.

• Skairipa
    Options

try this Son. So much salt u drop it.

• Lowbei
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Skairipa said:

@Lowbei said:

lol you are in full on meltdown mode

ez gg

like comment and subscribe then study my videos to git gud :)
  • Skairipa
    Options

@Lowbei said:

ez gg

• Lowbei
    Options
    Skairipa said:

@Lowbei said:

ez gg

LOL hes in full on meltdown mode. im gonna go play a round and leave you to cry on my thread. keep it bumped kiddo :) 
  • Skairipa
    Options

@Lowbei said:

LOL hes in full on meltdown mode. im gonna go play a round and leave you to cry on my thread. keep it bumped kiddo :) 

Lol full on meltdown mode xD try more Son. You're the only kid in this room. Keep crying or go back to sleep streaming another flop 48k xD

• Lowbei
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Skairipa said:

@Lowbei said:

Lol full on meltdown mode xD try more Son. You're the only kid in this room. Keep crying or go back to sleep streaming another flop 48k xD

just played and made 42k, while camping. bbq is delicious!

48k with no offerings is a flop? lol youre delusional.  

thanks for watching my videos scrub. gg :)

keep the thread bumped with your salt. dont let it sink.