Why camping?

arcticxlia
arcticxlia Member Posts: 53
edited June 2018 in General Discussions
I was playing some rounds (ps4), had a few campers (even facecamper) and i'm really asking myself why some Killers are camping? These even don't get much points and probably don't Pip..so whY the #########?
I really dont get it. 

Comments

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Yeah every time I see camping they always get either a 3-4 k because survivors don’t know when to stop going for the rescue, so you have one on the hook 2 getting downed around it and 1 doing gens, that’s an easy win and if it worked for me I’d do it too

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    1. Gens are done or about to be.

2. Extracting salt from toxic survivors

3. Legit idiocy or lazyness

4. You know you are up against hookswarmers.

5. Totem or near completed gen nearby.

• Skairipa
    Skairipa Member Posts: 255

@Lowbei said:
    camping is legit. stop whining about it.

yeah, but the salt is too much to get the right way. That mean you camping a lot and you try to figured out how to play properly killer without being a salty child :)

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    Skairipa said:

@Lowbei said:

yeah, but the salt is too much to get the right way. That mean you camping a lot and you try to figured out how to play properly killer without being a salty child :)

is this english? i dont get it.

camping is a good strategy and i usually get 4kills
  • arcticxlia
    arcticxlia Member Posts: 53
    Lowbei said:
    I don't whine about it. I was just wondering because I did it once to try but it was so boring for me.
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei said:
    I don't whine about it. I was just wondering because I did it once to try but it was so boring for me.
    mmhmm
  • MezzaMind
    MezzaMind Member Posts: 39

@Lowbei said:

The reason I don't like camping/campers is that here in OCE I have to wait 10-20 minutes just for a game then either the game is over in 5 because I am being camped, I don't see the killer all game because they are camping or I don't actually play the game because I am camping (which I only ever camp if the exit gates are open and the hook is near a gate)
    Solution- Borrowed Time, ez

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS3DvvOQI04
    Best post for this kind of question.

• Markness
    Markness Member Posts: 242

They usually suck at the game. It gets worse as you rank up because you'l get people that use broken add-ons and camp on top of that. I don't get it.. well, actually I do.. they suck at the game and are using broken add-ons to make up for their skill and frustration that makes up being a high rank killer.

They're the equivalent to survivors that use DS. I don't mind camping if its strategic like when people are hook swarming like fools, or the gens are all powered, but when you do it when no gens are done and you're a P3 huntress with 1-shot hatchets.. you're just as toxic as the noob3/ochido neanderthals.

This game needs a swamp cleaning though. If people are running oOo/DS that can sometimes explain why a killer may camp too, never underestimate the lengths that some survivors will go through just to piss off the killer. It is pretty much why I stopped playing trapper/wraith/freddy.

• Stevo
    Stevo Member Posts: 121
    edited June 2018
    I'm honestly fine with camping. Sure, it's frustrating at the time, but hey, it's not like your life depends on it- oh wait.

jk, camping is fine. I got face camped for literally no reason 3 games in a row (3 different killers too) yesterday despite me using No Mither. It entirely depends what the killer feels like doing, plain and simple. 

(For those wondering or assuming what the rest of my perks were, the other perks were: This is Not Happening, Up The Ante and Slippery Meat)
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@arcticxlia said:
    I was playing some rounds (ps4), had a few campers (even facecamper) and i'm really asking myself why some Killers are camping? These even don't get much points and probably don't Pip..so whY the [BAD WORD]?
    I really dont get it. 

Tired of looping and survivor BM

• Azgard12
    Azgard12 Member Posts: 335

I think the biggest reason new players camp is because it feels like what you should do. You found someone... you don't just want to let them go.

I think experienced players will do it sometimes because there are real applications for camping at times.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited June 2018

@arcticxlia said:
    I was playing some rounds (ps4), had a few campers (even facecamper) and i'm really asking myself why some Killers are camping? These even don't get much points and probably don't Pip..so whY the [BAD WORD]?
    I really dont get it. 

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/6067/i-urge-the-developers-to-watch-this-entire-video-reduce-the-max-number-of-pallets#latest

Read this thread, it explains perfectly why Killers have to camp especially at high rank. You need to Camp or at best you get a Black Pip, you'll only rank up if the RNG are on you and survivors made extremely bad move like constantly saving friends when killer was near etc

if you don't camp you will lose. because games only last 5-8 minutes, gens are too fast, and survivors having 3 lives means you MUST focused on one person or they will all get away. and you MUST TUNNEL

Face camp, however, will guarantee you will lose the game

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

You might find this interesting
    https://youtu.be/DzEosOqhDpk?t=16m54s

• Skairipa

@Lowbei said:
    Skairipa said:

@Lowbei said:

you try to say something son? " camping is a good strategy " aaaah you talk to sentences and no experience, ok :) " usually " you get 4 kills when come to you a newbs with 20-30 hrs less, probably rank 18 ( sure rank mean nothing sure sure! ).

• MuteNewt
    MuteNewt Member Posts: 234

@Lowbei Whats with the bars around your avatar? Genuine question.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@MuteNewt said:

He is an outlaw.

• oafafoxfeather
    oafafoxfeather Member Posts: 30

so camping isn't BM but survivors with meta perks and flashlights = BM. The reason why survivors started running DS so they would deny the possible camp from the killer. As long as camps are legit so do SWF and other stuff survivors do. They are called survivors afterall.

• MuteNewt

@RSB lol

• Skairipa

@MuteNewt said:

probably near to ban idk, i seen other people like this.

• Skairipa

playin this game supposed to be fun, someone raging in this game because want to beat the other players no matter what or the way, the raging move many behaviors in this community, instead of thinking a good strategy, a smart one " how can i use properly my killer / or survivor? " doing " meh, i chose to ruin the game to other people because i cant handle that ".
    Many people project their frustrations of real life into the game. More counselors and less playin when u have issues.

• MuteNewt

@Skairipa thanks for the genuine answer :)

• Lowbei
    edited June 2018
    Skairipa said:

@Lowbei said:
    Skairipa said:

@Lowbei said:

you try to say something son? " camping is a good strategy " aaaah you talk to sentences and no experience, ok :) " usually " you get 4 kills when come to you a newbs with 20-30 hrs less, probably rank 18 ( sure rank mean nothing sure sure! ).

i have 1750 hours and im always rank1. you are not on my level. git gud and stop whining about valid tactics.
    Post edited by Lowbei on
  • TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

@RSB said:

Also facecamping does not exist anymore. Deal with it.

Yes it does, yes, yes it does

When I play killer i'll camp someone's face if it's for a ritual kill but only at the end of the game when gates are powered, I'll do what I can to ensure that...saying that I normally get swarmed and done over by borrowed time and flashlights and blocking anyway lol so I rarely camp effectively.

• Lowbei

@RSB said:

When I play killer i'll camp someone's face if it's for a ritual kill but only at the end of the game when gates are powered, I'll do what I can to ensure that...saying that I normally get swarmed and done over by borrowed time and flashlights and blocking anyway lol so I rarely camp effectively.

i love staring into their eyes and nodding slowly. they know its over.
  • TeambossFloze

@Lowbei said:
    TeambossFloze said:

@RSB said:

I do that too - but then the other three come back and bully me into a puddling mess and they all escape

• Lowbei

@Lowbei said:
    TeambossFloze said:

@RSB said:

I do that too - but then the other three come back and bully me into a puddling mess and they all escape

stab them?
  • TeambossFloze

@Lowbei said:
    TeambossFloze said:

@Lowbei said:

TeambossFloze said:

@RSB said:

stab them?

I can't I feel too emotionally vulnerable

• Skairipa

@Lowbei said:
    Skairipa said:

@Lowbei said:

Skairipa said:

@Lowbei said:

i have 1750 hours and im always rank1. you are not on my level. git gud and stop whining about valid tactics.

Son, u're not talking like a 1750 hrs player. or a rank 1, instead complain the " whiners " change ur sentences :) and maybe, maybe u will find another mod on other people. Like i said before, git gud - stop whining - you are not on my level that's not work with me :) works fact, try to be nice and stop thinking like a newbs.

Camping works in rank 18, not rank 1 :) at least u try to admit u use a 3rd part program to boost ur rank.

Ps: i'm above of 2k hrs and i played both sides, it doesn't matter how many times you played in this game, matter the way you played. If u find many people who complain your game, if i were you, i ask myself what wrong in my game, over the silly complains.

• Lowbei
    edited June 2018
    Skairipa said:

@Lowbei said:
    Skairipa said:

@Lowbei said:

Skairipa said:

@Lowbei said:

Son, u're not talking like a 1750 hrs player. or a rank 1, instead complain the " whiners " change ur sentences :) and maybe, maybe u will find another mod on other people. Like i said before, git gud - stop whining - you are not on my level that's not work with me :) works fact, try to be nice and stop thinking like a newbs.

Camping works in rank 18, not rank 1 :) at least u try to admit u use a 3rd part program to boost ur rank.

Ps: i'm above of 2k hrs and i played both sides, it doesn't matter how many times you played in this game, matter the way you played. If u find many people who complain your game, if i were you, i ask myself what wrong in my game, over the silly complains.

lol “son” i have more experience than you, and you are crying like a butthurt child about a valid game tactic.

no 2k hour player cries about camping.

fyi i can barely understand your terrible english.

git gud and stop crying over valid tactics that win games.

actually nevermind. please keep posting your butthurt to entertain us :)
    Post edited by Lowbei on
  • Skairipa

@Lowbei said:
    Skairipa said:

@Lowbei said:

Skairipa said:

@Lowbei said:

Skairipa said:

@Lowbei said: camping is legit. stop whining about it. yeah, but the salt is too much to get the right way. That mean you camping a lot and you try to figured out how to play properly killer without being a salty child :) is this english? i dont get it.

lol “son” i have more experience than you, and you are crying like a butthurt child about a valid game tactic.

" you are crying " and you have the nerve to talk about my english xD please triggered son, keep explain your smart tactic to light us :D keep going.

Am i crying about camping? XD Let me get this straight, i just post a remark about a child game tactic, and am i crying? Oooook Son :) im so guilty.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

They camp because not enough survivors are pressuring them away from the hook by popping off generators.

Survivors are so caught up in this "everybody must get out at all cost" mentality that they won't train their killer's right.

While keeping others alive is beneficial - there's times you have to stop and look at the bigger picture and just let that guy on the hook go for the greater good. And punishing a camper is the "greater good"

• Lowbei
    Skairipa said:

@Lowbei said:
    Skairipa said:

@Lowbei said:

Skairipa said:

@Lowbei said:

Skairipa said:

@Lowbei said: camping is legit. stop whining about it. yeah, but the salt is too much to get the right way. That mean you camping a lot and you try to figured out how to play properly killer without being a salty child :) is this english? i dont get it.

" you are crying " and you have the nerve to talk about my english xD please triggered son, keep explain your smart tactic to light us :D keep going.

Am i crying about camping? XD Let me get this straight, i just post a remark about a child game tactic, and am i crying? Oooook Son :) im so guilty.

lol the irony of you crying on the forum about a legit tactic, while calling others triggered for laughing at you about it, is really funny.

git gud, gg :)
  • Skairipa

@Lowbei said:
    lol the irony of you crying on the forum about a legit tactic, while calling others triggered for laughing at you about it, is really funny.

wait, u keep posting git gud and crying like a child :) seems legit. Triggered ah? :D

• Lowbei
    Skairipa said:

@Lowbei said:

wait, u keep posting git gud and crying like a child :) seems legit. Triggered ah? :D

lol the difference between us is that im ok with the tactic and you are crying about camping.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@oafafoxfeather said:
    so camping isn't BM but survivors with meta perks and flashlights = BM. The reason why survivors started running DS so they would deny the possible camp from the killer. As long as camps are legit so do SWF and other stuff survivors do. They are called survivors afterall.

Can only speak about myself, but actually the survivor meta made me so mad that I started camping, I never even thought of camping before it and nowadays I regularly use it because I know that the survivor meta is just absolutely broken and that there is no point in trying to chase someone if I have one on a hook.
    And camping is a solid strategy, ESPECIALLY against SWF because they are always over altruistic.

From my experience its only a bad idea to camp if you are playing against non-meta solo survivors, in these games I have the most fun and try to 3 hook everyone (survivors seemed to enjoy it more too)

• Lowbei
    edited June 2018
    Master said:

@oafafoxfeather said:

Can only speak about myself, but actually the survivor meta made me so mad that I started camping, I never even thought of camping before it and nowadays I regularly use it because I know that the survivor meta is just absolutely broken and that there is no point in trying to chase someone if I have one on a hook.
    And camping is a solid strategy, ESPECIALLY against SWF because they are always over altruistic.

From my experience its only a bad idea to camp if you are playing against non-meta solo survivors, in these games I have the most fun and try to 3 hook everyone (survivors seemed to enjoy it more too)

careful. butthurt scrubs like @Skairipa will come rage at you for using valid tactics
  • Skairipa

@Lowbei said:

lol the difference between us is that im ok with the tactic and you are crying about camping.

git gud - butthurt - says the child triggered about camping talking. Keep doing what u doing son :) doing ur best entertainment to bring the best laughs ever seen. Im ok too, im not complain people about camping, im just posting my opinion, and then some child just triggered. gg :)

@Master said:

that's a good explanation the reason why the camping is a strategy ( not a good one ), compared to silly complain child upstairs. It's fair enough, i respect that, but i dont share the same m.o. to kill enough survivors.
    Sometimes there will be a strong group, and then you will have to be smart enough to kill 2 of them or 3, sometimes there will be a simpler group to handle, and then the game will go as planned.
    The game is not made to get angry like a triggered son @Lowbei because " i can't handle SWF, so i camp everything alive per trial ", is made to be fast and smart. It's not time to be angry, so next game!

• Lowbei
    edited June 2018
    Skairipa said:

@Lowbei said:

git gud - butthurt - says the child triggered about camping talking. Keep doing what u doing son :) doing ur best entertainment to bring the best laughs ever seen. Im ok too, im not complain people about camping, im just posting my opinion, and then some child just triggered. gg :)

@Master said:

that's a good explanation the reason why the camping is a strategy ( not a good one ), compared to silly complain child upstairs. It's fair enough, i respect that, but i dont share the same m.o. to kill enough survivors.
    Sometimes there will be a strong group, and then you will have to be smart enough to kill 2 of them or 3, sometimes there will be a simpler group to handle, and then the game will go as planned.
    The game is not made to get angry like a triggered son @Lowbei because " i can't handle SWF, so i camp everything alive per trial ", is made to be fast and smart. It's not time to be angry, so next game!

lol im never angry and i always win.

you lose. camping is legit.

git gud and stop crying on the forum :)
  • Camping can indeed be a decent strategy yet as a high ranking killer myself, I strongly feel that camping is only a good strategy when it comes to the gates are powered or open, when three generators are close together, survivors being way too overconfident, parties in the basement, basement builds, and finally when a generator is nearly done and you hook a survivor near it. You now have objective control over both the hook and generator yet my main concern is with the blatant camping aka griefing . I've had campers camp me for no reason and many others when 5 generators are up, and I find it highly annoying that there's really not many counters to camping beside genrushing " sucks for that guy". I think that is wrong that another player has to suffer just for someone's sadistic amusement!

I think it's not a bad idea to create items or more perks that can free someone being camped. What i believe should happen is that our report system needs to be reworked to deal with people who grief just to ruin your day yet here are my ideas.

Purple Bomb- I name this item purple bomb to give homage to our good old friend( I hate you) purple flashlight. The light bomb would be an ultra rare that when thrown, will blow up on impact, stunning a killer near the hook for x amount of seconds due to the immense amount of Auric light or just light produced from the blast. The draw back of this item that the killer must be near a hook and only ONE can be brought into the game. If more than one purple bomb is attempted to be brought into the game, only one person will keep their purple bomb randomly and the others will have different items they own and if they own no items, no items will be brought.

FireCrackers- They never bothered me once as a killer yet I found use as them as a survivor. I feel like firecrackers deafen mechanic can be looked at to change it to where a killer can't perform any action besides moving while deafen x amount of time depending on the firecrackers' rarity.

Adding a special toolbox or toolbox add on that allows for a survivor to be able to unhook someone by causing the hook to collapse and if the camping killer is in that radius of the collapse hook, they're stun for x amount of time.

Perk 1- The Jester's Demise- If a Killer camps you for x amount of time when the gates ARE NOT OPEN OR POWERED IN ANY AMOUNT the Entity grants you it's protection for x amount of time to you and your savior to where nothing can put you into a dying state for x amount of time. T-baging will disable the effect and borrowed time, Adrenaline, and no perks such as self care, dead hard, and much more cannot be used during The Jester's Demise and X amount of time afterwards on both players who have The jester's Demise on them. This can only be used once per Trial( game) If the killer is in a chase around the hook, the x amount of time will not be added. I put x amount of time as in how much time would be needed to active the perk.

Perk 2- Not_Dead- If a killer camps you to second stage for x amount of time, the second stage will be delayed & The Fog will swirl around you, you will have a chance to hit a skillcheck. if you hit this skillcheck, the fog will teleport you to a safe spot on the map, very far from the exit gate yet very far from killer. if the killer tries to hit the fog that shrouds you in those moments, you will be healed to a healthy state.

We could also add some items for characters for example a guitar that can only be used and found by Kate Denson Kate will be able to use guitar to quell the killer for x amount of time by playing the song that caused her to come into The Entity's world or a foul pizza. Dwight can used a foul pizza ridden with auric cells to distract the killer to devour it for x amount of time.

• JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 611
    My two pennies.

Camping is horrible to be the recipient of. But there are three valid reasons that I would excuse camping under.

First: trying to secure a kill at the end of a match. I had a recent example of this actually, where I was waiting for the Hatch to open when the Nurse I was against caught me. And so she camped because she knew I could easily escape. Luckily my team mate saved me and was knocked down, I was able to avoid her teleports and escape, the Meg able to get to the hatch I had been waiting by. It's merely a last ditch effort. To get some reward, rather than leave empty handed.

2: Nearby survivors. If you know they are nearby then it is fair game. They were being too altruistic and so you punish the nearby survivors and don't leave the hooked one, simply due to the fact of that matter. I'd say this situation is caused mostly by the other survivors and the killer is merely responding.

3: A genuine build that promotes this play style. And it does work, especially in the basement.

Other than these three? I'd say that they are due to rage, a lack of want to try, a learned disapproval for certain characters, perks, add-ons and such, or perhaps just due to mere boredom. It's a horrible thing to receive but it's a way to play.
  • Lowbei
    you can disregard the opinions of all the salties upset about valid tactics, like the devs do.
  • FSB75
    FSB75 Member Posts: 474

@Stevo said:

It entirely depends what the killer feels like doing, plain and simple. 

/stand
    /slow clap
    /nod head

This guy gets it. It really IS this simple.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Campers gonna camp , loopers gonna loop. It’s the circle of life. Queue lion king theme song.
  • awsome_predator
    awsome_predator Member Posts: 35

@arcticxlia said:
    I really dont get it. 

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/6067/i-urge-the-developers-to-watch-this-entire-video-reduce-the-max-number-of-pallets#latest

Read this thread, it explains perfectly why Killers have to camp especially at high rank. You need to Camp or at best you get a Black Pip, you'll only rank up if the RNG are on you and survivors made extremely bad move like constantly saving friends when killer was near etc

if you don't camp you will lose. because games only last 5-8 minutes, gens are too fast, and survivors having 3 lives means you MUST focused on one person or they will all get away. and you MUST TUNNEL

Face camp, however, will guarantee you will lose the game

It depends on what u class as a win and a loss u get loads of points and don't pip is that a win? Or is getting a 3/4 man low point n pip a win either way what does it matter it's that person's choice how they want to play for whatever reason just like how survivors want to play the want to flashlight teabag chase me chase me so be it what frustrates u may not frustrate others n vice versa it is all part n parcel about what we like I dislike in game but all games have things people don't like others doing at end of the day it's a game if you didn't like it u wouldn't play but clearly we all do only thing I think should stop is toxic chat so what if u get tunneled or camped that's what they wanted to do so what if they constantly flash light u body block that game they won and that's how they wanted to play let's just remove toxic chat as benefits no1 and kinda pointless as unless u making money off the game or are proven to be best were all crap gamers in comparison to the best.