Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Session Expired Bug?

FogNoob
FogNoob Member Posts: 116

Hello everyone, I did some digging online and this doesn't seem to be a very common error..

I'm trying to log in but it keeps giving me this message:

"Your session has expired, This can happen if you have left your game idle for an extended period or if your BHVR account is in use on another device."

Is there anything I can do about it? Game was working fine just yesterday…

Best Answers

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,286
    edited September 26 Answer ✓

I'm having issues and so is my boyfriend. We are getting all the errors under the sun and bloodweb errors as well.

• JocelynAwakens
    JocelynAwakens Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,623
    Answer ✓

The team is aware of the issue and is investigating. Thank you!

Answers

• Dydou
    Dydou Member Posts: 1

Hello i was normally playing dead by daylight when i had to close the game for a software update as soon as i hop back in the game it tell me theres been an "initilization error" then brings me back to the menu saying "session expired" ive tried reloading the game multiple times now and connect to my internet again but to no good results im on nintendo switch

• Mr_Digi
    Mr_Digi Member Posts: 141

I've tried restarting, both game and computer, relogging steam. but no. Still this. Got to the main menu once, clicked to play and got logged back out saying the same thing. Session expired

• DarknessRasm
    DarknessRasm Member Posts: 2
    edited September 26

Started having this after my first match of the day or tells me the no network connection error.

• Mr_Digi
    Mr_Digi Member Posts: 141
    edited September 26

So its the servers then xD. good to know its not just me atleast

• Kerkvlerk
    Kerkvlerk Member Posts: 80
    edited September 26

i also got No connection error so its definitly behaviour side

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 586
    edited September 26

Having issues on xbox (uk) finished my game tome was blank & so was bloodweb. Restarted game now cant get back on.

Back to overwatch I guess

• Naturally_Pink
    Naturally_Pink Member Posts: 56

I am also experiencing this bug and i thought i had been hacked. force logged out of every device and changed my password. I don't know what else to do.

• HPhoenix
    HPhoenix Member Posts: 599

I getting slapped by it as well.

• bacon
    bacon Member Posts: 367

PLATFORM: Ps4

random perk game mode survivor not loading and on normal game mode. on normal game mode i played killer then after the game ended i got sent to loading start of menu like when first turning on the game and can not get on game

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,071
    edited September 26

I can't load the game; it's telling me the game version is invalid. Seems to be a universal problem.

• bermudinskas
    bermudinskas Member Posts: 9
    edited September 26

I got that one too, and now I'm getting different type of error that my save couldn't be loaded or something like that.

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,570
    edited September 26

Right after waiting in a queue - after a brief 2-3 seconds from entering the lobby I'm getting disconnected with the message (watch screenshot)

It's happening each time today. It wasn't like that yesterday.

PC.

• hwarman
    hwarman Member Posts: 2

SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE: I will enter a match and be disconnected, enter a lobby and be disconnected, and then again be disconnected back out of my main lobby. Im also unable to get into the game altogether, citing a network connectivity issue, but my ps5 is stating it's connected. I have rebooted the game and the Ps5 and checked for updates, but it appears it's still not working.

Im also occasionally receiving initialization errors, but I played the game on Sunday, and everything was fine.

PLATFORM: PS5

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW THE ISSUE OCCURED:

VIDEO:

PLAYER LOGS:

• Player logs are required from PC players only.

• Shibe4Life
    Shibe4Life Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE:

PLATFORM: PC

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW THE ISSUE OCCURED: I launch the game about 5 times over and I can't get passed the title screen that says "Press space to continue". I finally got in one time but it gave me a error and sent me back to the title screen.

VIDEO:

PLAYER LOGS:

• LegonnaireLoomis
    LegonnaireLoomis Member Posts: 2

I've just gotten this bug as well, been struggling with it for maybe 20 minutes. What's going on? I don't have my other consoles on at all, and it was on starting up the game, so no idle time at all.

• Triplehoo
    Triplehoo Member Posts: 638

Trying to get in game, but cant because keep getting "Session Expired" and "No Network Connection" notifications

My internet is fine and I am able to play other online games, and use internet on my computer

• DeeRob85
    DeeRob85 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 26

hola me esta pasando lo mismo, encontraste una solucion?

• chiefso30
    chiefso30 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 26

SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE:

PLATFORM:

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW THE ISSUE OCCURED:

VIDEO:

PLAYER LOGS:

Session expired

• Langweilg
    Langweilg Member Posts: 957
    edited September 26

I have internet

Edit: I played a match, then it was over. In the lobby me and my friend got kicked out of dbd. Now we can‘t open it anymore. I‘m on ps5 and he is too.

• Grigerbest
    edited September 26

Look upper…

"The team is actively investigating reports of outages affecting all platforms".

• JocelynAwakens

Everyone's reports are appreciated!

• Grigerbest
    edited September 26

Well my report on "Bug report" section got removed so… I would disagree. :D

Edit: oh wait… No it's not… I found my report. :D Pardon.

• JocelynAwakens

Sorry Grigerbest, there was a LOT, I have just smooshed them all together here.

• doantien1828
    doantien1828 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2

SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE: I just played the game normally like 3hrs ago and then when I turn it back on a notification of "SESSION EXPIRED" popped up and I cant get into the game

PLATFORM: Laptop

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW THE ISSUE OCCURED: It appeared on the login screen

VIDEO:

PLAYER LOGS:

• doantien1828
    doantien1828 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2
    edited September 26

• targetingboo
    targetingboo Member Posts: 1

SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE: session expired error prevents me from entering the game

PLATFORM: PS5

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW THE ISSUE OCCURED: Last night, I finished a game and stayed in the lobby for about an hour. I turned off the PS5, and restarted it an hour ago with this error message. The message always shows after fetching configures text.

VIDEO:

PLAYER LOGS:

• bermudinskas

Different type of errors occurring, can't get into the game whatsoever. From initial error to something wrong with the save and I should restart the game or connection error but internet working properly lol..

• Untlick
    Untlick Member Posts: 1

If not one of the above, I get a No Network conection.

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 953

It happened to me too. Guess the servers just died.

To be clear, my internet works, I just took these photos as I write this.

• bermudinskas

yes, it seems everyone be getting this.. Different errors occurring

• starfall25
    starfall25 Member Posts: 5

First i got bloodweb error, then sent back to loading screen, then initialization issue, then version mismatch and verified my files, then network error, no connection, initialization again and so on. Im wondering how many errors are they gonna bomb us with instead of just having an error saying that the server is having issues, please try again later. But as always, companies love to blame the player for the problem and deny that their servers are having issues. After wasting 1 hour of looking up what is going on, i finally found this here that says that it is their servers that are the problem. So how about you give me my 1 hour of my life back that i spent looking up the false errors the game threw at me. This is easily 3 games which could possibly rack up to 200k BP if not more. Also, 1500 xp. Depending on how long it takes for you to fix the issues, the 3x BP should be extended. But sure, i make about 15 bucks an hour so you can pay that too if everything else here seems like too much. Good luck on fixing whatever it is that is plaguing the servers.