Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

what is going on with this knock out slug build

It's literally spreading like a plague I've seen this build 3 times today and it's genuinely way too oppressive on some killers in solo q such as skull merchant and just not fun at all?? They will just not hook anyone the entire time and let people bleed out even if al 4 have ages of time to bleed out left. Please stop with this boring build. It used to be rare but now I'm seeing it everyday and it's legit spoiling the game…

Comments

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 615

There are three possibilities why you saw three players with a slugging build (slugging build is the only viable niche for Knock Out):

1. Accident. You was just very unlucky
    2. Currently, some content creators and other players do a hooks vs slugging test to see which one is more effective on killers.
    3. Killers in general see slugging as a better option to pressure survivors than hooking survivors due to all the options and features the survivors have (there are more hookperks than slugging perks and the new 70sec hook timer made hooks less good because 10sec make a huge difference and other players dislike the Antifacecamp-mechanic and the removed hookgrab)

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 905

Most likely a build some youtuber posted that went viral. We are nothing but sheep when it comes to builds. If it's working they will use it repeatedly. I'll be playing only Chaos until it ends again.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,530

Well, it seems you are correct.

The DBD community really needs to stop parroting and copying everything that content creators say or do, tbh. That goes for both survivors and killers.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,983

Slugging is stronger than hooking

And easier to win as well

It needs to become the new meta

• Roaroftime
    Roaroftime Member Posts: 418

oh that explains a lot thank you I thought I was just v unlucky these last few days

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

Well, that's miserable. Good thing Chaos Shuffle is here to save the day.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

Meanwhile there's me randomly getting Knock Out during Chaos Shuffle and not wanting it, lol.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063
    edited September 26

Yeah, I've gotten it a few times too (and I keep getting Insidious for some weird reason, it's been in 1/3 of my killer games… I used it to pretend to be a stuffed wolf in RPD once), but the nice thing about getting nuisance perks like Third Seal or Knockout or Boil Over in Chaos Shuffle is that you know the other player didn't pick them to be annoying, so there's no tilt involved. Also, because you didn't actually want the perk, you generally don't play with it and just pick people up as normal.

Truly Chaos Shuffle is the most blessed of modes.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,530

My first match as killer in Chaos Shuffle I somehow got Corrupt Intervention, Pain Res and Call of Brine, but my second game I got three different TR perks, which are almost useless with Freddy.

This is an interesting mode.

• hermitkermit
    hermitkermit Member Posts: 339

Hm.. Maybe it will finally get some attention to get this perk reworked. Slugging is already very powerful and almost impossible to fully counter if you don’t have very specific perks. I still think it’s a bit slanted to be forced to equip perks to counter something that the other “side” can do completely perkless, but knockout definitely makes slugging much worse so hopefully some changes to it will be made, especially with the hooks never disappearing anymore.

• Backmon
    Backmon Member Posts: 268

i think there is 2 main reasons why killers start bring knock out more often. 1st both pop and pain res that requied hook being gutted in to unusable lever so there is no reward or motivation of hooking survivor and second 10 more sec on hook stage

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 701

I’d trade both 3rd Seal and Knockout to get rid of Boil Over as well

• Autharia
    Autharia Member Posts: 8

I'd love to see something like the longer someone is slugged the killer losses BP for the kill up to 0 or even -points if they die on the ground.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 829

"Those" Bubba players had to have gone somewhere.

• Paternalpark
    Paternalpark Member Posts: 638

Bring coh and exponential if your upset about this playstyle.

While I do enjoy using deerstalker, knockout, a nurses calling and infectious fright…okay fin3 I'm sorry :(

• Backmon
    Backmon Member Posts: 268

Yeah i also think it was just sign of protest. And actually people start remember knockout existance right after eruption/cob nerfs, after pop/pain res nerf it became common perk to face against, but peak of it was right after 10 sec hook stage update when i saw knockout every 3 or 4 game.

• DeBecker
    DeBecker Member Posts: 98

Doing a protest against a game that is entirely killer-sided is so typical for this killer-biased community with the most toxic people ever to be gathered in any game. But the saddest thign is that devs even encourage this behaviour instead of having a fine game.

• Skillfulstone
    Skillfulstone Member Posts: 696
    edited September 26

Can't really say you're entirely wrong.

The Finisher Mori idea as a whole promotes slugging for the 4k and the devs implemented it (will in the next update, although slightly different according to a dev) despite countless people rejecting the idea and explaining why it's unhealthy.

However the community isn't blatantly on one "side". Both sides constantly bicker over countless things and the balance of the game changes constantly also.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,761

When easy things are the strongest, the games feel the worst and then very quickly decline. When everything that requires more effort and skill gives worse results, why bother even learning it? New players find a game that's deep on the surface but really is just shallow, and without anything to really learn because, again, why bother, they quit. Old players feel like their time learning that harder skill has been wasteful, and thus they quit too, leaving a game without anyone really to enjoy it, because why bother learning to enjoy it when the easiest stuff is the best stuff.

• aperson123
    aperson123 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    edited September 26

ya this play style is genuinely disgusting and I’m seeing it a lot lately. Very unhealthy for the game or the perk knockout at the least.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,983

If you hate this play style I suggest you to also use it as a protest

If 1% of the players are running this then nothing is gonna change

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 905
    edited September 27

Seems like a good way to have devs implement a system for survivors to pick themselves up. We saw what happened with facecamping and tunneling. Continue...

• Lost_Boy
    Lost_Boy Member Posts: 664

I tested it a while back on almost all killers. It is very strong and I barely lost any games including multiple SWF, TTV SWFs. It's mega boring but very effective (even more so than tunneling). If people are playing this and finding it works I'm not surprised it's getting more popular.

I stopped using it though I've experienced it a few times myself and it's really not nice to go against.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,896

Simple: Just way better to slug at the moment because a bunch of hook perks for killers keep getting nerfed. Knockout prevents the slugged aura from appearing meaning they take longer to find the slug. It actually builds up quite the pressure because you force a person to constantly follow the person being chased but be out of sight not doing a gen to make sure you don't spend minutes trying to find the slug. Way better pressure than to hook someone and get 20% current progression pop or 20% from pain res.

Also with the proposed nerf to dead mans in the ptb… yeah slugging will become a better alternative if that goes live.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,183

easier /= better. a killer that efficiently hook 2 survivors 3 times is still better than a killer that slugs. 6 hooks to win is fastest way to win but it is also not that easy to do because you need track hooks, understand survivor positions and than there is always stealth survivor to deal with. I think that is why in part, for why they nerfing distortion because distortion makes efficient hooking/aka soft-tunnel much harder. By nerfing distortion, wall-hack perks will rain supreme making is very easy to efficiently soft-tunnel survivors out of the game.

i am sure you can debate whether tunneling or slugging have higher skill-caps.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,761

This is why I was responding to someone saying that slugging should be made stronger so that it will be meta, not that it already is.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,605

That's nothing new. Maybe some streamer has used the build and now copycats are taking it for a spin.

It will not last.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,605

And this may be the explanation why that old build may have been used again.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,730

people don't know how to play against slugging and will have 4 hook related perks and no anti slugging perk, that's mostly why survivors don't like facing it.

knock out is disproportionately stronger against soloq and not the healthiest perk but 4 man slugging doesn't even work without it (unless the killer is a top tier m2 killer anyway). i think they can add a secondary feature to an anti slug perk that counteracts knock out's aura block.

• TBUK
    TBUK Member Posts: 10

I wondered why i had been seeing this from killers last night, of the 5 games i played last night 2 (both spirit) had slugged and slugged until all 4 of us where down. It's hard to do anything about it without perks to combat it in soloq, and makes for a really boring game.

If this continues all weekend, i would like whoever this idiot of streamer is to get suspended for a couple of weeks.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,277

hate to break it to you… but there were way too many matches yesterday where we got Knockout; at least every other match to the point where the first down letting out an exasperated "Again effin Knockout??!!" wasn't even unusual anymore. Seriously, Knockout seems way overrepresented in Chaos Shuffle (at least for me, yesterday). Then again. We also got three Twins in a row. (And yes, they somehow all had knock out)