We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Ahh... More customization options! Pretty please!

Grigerbest
Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,630
edited October 1 in Feedback and Suggestions

I see a lot of skins with a plenty of accessories attached to the skins.

Wouldn't that be cool if we could've just take off the accessories we don't really like?

Like toggleable such as Sunglasses, neck chains, rags hanging on hands…

Let's say there is a Jonah, Sable or any other survivor skin that have glasses on, the player like this head skin piece but he really dislike sunglasses, so player will be able to toggle off the sunglasses from the head piece.

Or with killer's skins such as queen xeno's little hands coming out of her chest? I know it's lore accurate but why can't we have these little hands be as a toggleable accessory that we can just toggle off?

Maybe even have a color palettes to use desirable colors on different parts and pieces of the skins?

I think the game can have a toggleable accessories to provide a MUCH WIDER customization options for a fashion enjoyers.

Comments

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 1,132

yeah I'd love that kind of customisation honestly

• AssortedSorting
    AssortedSorting Member Posts: 1,126

FatalFashion.

Perhaps they'll eventually try to reach the level of FashionFrame in Warframe with accessories.

Though that would likely be a total overhaul.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,249

I would love to be able to remove glasses and backpacks. There are many cosmetics I'll never purchase because I don't like the accessories.

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,630

Ohh, yes. I forgot to mention backpacks, I've seen SO MANY players didn't like those… It really would be awesome to have an option to toggle off accessories we don't like.

• TragicSolitude

Dying Light 2 has a backpack the character wears at all times because he has a paraglider. The design on the backpack changes depending on the outfit/glider. There's a real in-game reason for the backpack existing. But players requested the ability to remove it, so the devs made it something you could toggle on and off. Backpacks are on every outfit, so their existence didn't stop people from buying cosmetics, it was just something players wanted the option of disabling and so the devs gave it.

Meanwhile, DbD likes to randomly add backpacks/purses to cosmetics for no good reason, they usually detract from the outfit, there's no gameplay purpose to them, people have requested the ability to toggle them off for a very long time… and still, still this is not an option. The backpacks absolutely do stop people from buying cosmetics, BHVR loses money because this toggle isn't in the game.

There are also cosmetics I won't buy because of the glasses. Or some female heads I won't buy because of the makeup (love the hair, but no, absolutely no to the makeup).

It might not be a bad time to also mention linked sets. There are survivor heads and killer weapons that certainly don't need to be linked, but after all this time BHVR has still not altered their system to allow for linked sets to consist of only two pieces. Again, money lost.

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 1,094
  • TragicSolitude

Very true. You only see your own character on the opening menu screen. Otherwise, it's other players in multiplayer who see you.

And yet, people requested it and the devs said, "Surprised you guys want this, but okay, sure!"

• vol4r
    vol4r Member Posts: 251

I actually love some skins but I don't use or buy them because of the backpacks. I just don't want to make my survivior more visible to the killer - especially if I pay for that particular skin.