We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

When will there be a fix to non Crossplay waiting queue?

Atom7k
Atom7k Member Posts: 269
edited October 3 in General Discussions

I always have been tired of cheaters but after seeing the latest Hens333 video where he explains, that cheaters have millions of free accounts on epic. I just dont want to play with epic users anymore. I already have subtile or not so subtile cheaters in half my matches and its frustrating and annoying.
However when you disable crossplay you never find a match. I tried it multiple times. Even after 2 hours. No match

Comments

• cclain
    cclain Member Posts: 82

it's because when you uncheck crossplay you play only with ppl on same plateform AND with crossplay desactivated to

• dwight444
    dwight444 Member Posts: 405

to be fair, his video highlighted that they mostly care to target streamers, so, unless you're a popular streamer or have TTV in your name then I wouldn't worry much.

I come across cheaters but it's really infrequent. For me, not enough to turn off cross play because I'd just have longer queue times just to dodge maybe 1/2 games every 3 months - not worth it.

by definition, turning off cross play is essentially turning off a portion of the player pool, a rather large one since it's everyone outside of your own console. Not sure how you'd improve that as the console specific player base is what it is, add to this different regions and yeah I'm sure it could spiral into a very length wait.

overall, I'd just keep it on

• Atom7k

Thats very unfortune. It would be way more intuitive to queue up normally and bypass players from other platforms. Guess I will quit dbd again for a while then

• Atom7k

Well good for you. And no Im not a popular streamer but I wasn't really talking about getting hold hostage. The amount of cheaters in my matchers is higher then ever before. Almost every report I sent leads to a ban but they keep comming. Im simply getting tired of playing 3 normal matches and then having to create reports for 5 other matches.
    It's tiring and I think it shouldn't be my responsibilty to clean up after bhvr.

After all I'm out of patience for the game. I have taken multipe breaks from the game and each time I return it takes less and less for me get tired of it again.
    Dealing with cheaters in the majority of my matches killed the game for me.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,802

The cheaters and hackers that can inject themselves into lobbies ignore CrossPlay restrictions anyway, so it would still be possible to play with them anyway.

And yeah their CrossPlay is super specific. The example I usually use to explain it is with it off players say on a PS4 now will only get others just on a PS4 who also have it off.

So you'd be isolated from all other PS4's with CrossPlay still on, as well as all on PS5 and all on Xbox or Switch, plus all on any PC platform too. That's why those wait times can be an hour or more.