Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

pip system from killer POV

First off, I would like to say I don't care much for pips. I'm more in it for blood points and to have fun. (Even though some survivors try to make is as unfun as possible.) Secondly, I don't camp nor tunnel and since I don't run make your choice, chase the unhooker. I actively seek out people sitting on generators while their team mates are on hooks. They be popping gennies like its prom night lately!!! But.... I just got out of a game not 2 minutes ago and got 32,100 blood points and just barely got "ruthless" killer. I mean literally it was on the little tab that tells you how far it takes to safety pip, pip, or double pip. As a killer, I cannot make survivors unhook their team mates. So if they don't and someone dies on first or second hook, I am actively losing points. That doesn't seem right. Hope some tweeks are in the mix! And I hope killers stop camping and maybe survivors would be a bit more cheerful. hahahahaha!

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited March 2019

I think it's almost perfect on the killer side. They just need to fix the structure for when you completely destroy a team as I don't believe they intended a black pip when you 4k with zero gens completed.

• SirVicksTheSlayer
    SirVicksTheSlayer Member Posts: 101

thats what im saying. you cant control if they unhook or not. And if they are all or some hooked in a relatively small amount of time with others already on hooks, they cant unhook and you lose points.

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767
    edited March 2019

And I pray for a stop to gen rush, yet people like you claim they play like a survivors wet dream and everything runs just fine.

The ranking system needs a complete overhaul for the killers side in my opinion.

You are not rewarded for being good, you are rewarded for being a toy.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited March 2019

Right now the only problems I have with killer emblems are mainly Gatekeeper and Devout.

Gatekeeper doesn't seem at all consistent, besides the fact that the speed at which gens are done is generally beyond your control. You have the ability to protect some of the gens, but you can't protect them all. It's reasonable to stall the game when only 2 gens are left, but when there are 5 left to do it's pretty much out of your hands since you can stop survivors on ALL the gens. If they dilly dally and don't do gens, that's not really an indication of your skill. This is why I think GK should be based purely on the game time (with number of survivors remaining somehow being a factor) and not on how many gens were or were not done. Your job as killer is to slow down the game, not micromanage survivor objectives.

Devout is a different story. I like that they added the hook requirement, HOWEVER I feel like it's really lame that you can play super fair, 2 hook everyone, get 3 kills, last guy takes hatch and you get silver? What should really happen is that if you get those 9 or whatever number of hooks AND 3 kill it should be gold. But if you only get 3 kills and not enough hooks it would be silver. So it would go something like...

1 hook on everyone = Bronze

1 kill = Bronze

2 kills = Silver

3 kills with less than X hooks = Silver

3 kills with more than X hooks = Gold

4 kills with less than X hooks = Gold

4 kills with more than X hooks = Iri

I think that's more fair to killers, considering that you can't always catch the last guy if hatch is in play. It's still a good representation of how well you did and your skill, but doesn't make anything easy.

Also they need to look at how grabs and Trapper traps impact Chaser and Malicious. Right now it feels like you are punished for grabbing survivors, or catching them in bear traps. That needs a fix. But generally speaking, there 2 emblems are fine.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Didn't say it wasn't easy, I'm sitting at rank 1 with the new system as well. Survivor might be slightly too difficult but I think it's almost there.

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943

It's much harder to rank up especially in solo que but even with SWF it's much harder but the toxicity is waaaaay down. Those who leave folks to die on hook or bleed out aren't rewarded like before.