We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

My thoughts on the updated mori change.

Ryan489x
Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,486
edited October 3 in Feedback and Suggestions

first off I’m not against the change. Just the explanation

Saying that giving bonus blood points encourages unfun gameplay seems odd to me. If that’s the case they better stop doing bloodpoint events because that does the exact same thing. And what do they mean by photo ops??

That explanation feels very odd to me . This is just my opinion but seeing the same mori 4 times in one march is not a fun experience either and if a quarter of the Moris weren’t so boring to watch it would be easier to take seeing them 4 times

Comments

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,150

who really knows, they seem to tip-toe around this bloodpoint bonuses thing. Similar to why they removed it from were gonna live forever/bbq&c. Then they change the incentive modifier now but then do bloodhunts that give 300-400% bloodpoints and anniversary event that gives a ton of cakes. More surprised they're keeping the free mori on last survivor.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,689

Because the offerings heavily incentivised slugging for the 4k. Blood point events dont do this because a 4th kill is worth like 700 bloodpoints.

Bloodpoint bonuses from WGLF and BBQ was removed because they didnt want BP to dictate perk choices

• Lentara
    Lentara Member Posts: 47

The mori mechanic is disgusting and toxic, and now the developers are even encouraging its use with a bonus to blood points. It is especially toxic to introduce free mori for the last survivor. Oh no, why reward good sportsmanship when the killer lets the last survivor go, let's reward sweaty men who play this game to win! The developers themselves are killing the atmosphere of the game with this approach, making it less of a game for fun and more of a game for tryharding.

• TriggerHappyAF
    TriggerHappyAF Member Posts: 1

I am missing something? The ivory and ebony moris will stand as is, no bonus bloodpoints on use, at least they say that on the most recent dev update.

Also, the true value of a mori offering is to remove a player midmatch (relatively) fast with no chance of being saved by either pallets or flashlights/flashbangs. The purpose is securing a kill. Repetitive animation be damned.

Of course, some people will slug for the 4k, which will be #########, but the common Cypress mori already had that problem in my experience. But then is a problem with slugging rather than moris.

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 1,094

Why would you see the same Mori 4 times when it's only performed on you once?

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,251

The mori mechanic is disgusting and toxic

My friend and I love playing the lute while the other is mori'd. I was heartbroken at the idea of losing that and am so glad Ivory and Ebony moris are staying.

now the developers are even encouraging its use with a bonus to blood points

Killers have always gotten a substantial BP bonus for killing all four survivors. A killer who lets the last survivor go is being very nice.

Oh no, why reward good sportsmanship when the killer lets the last survivor go,

Good sportsmanship doesn't mean the killer letting the last survivor go. Good sportsmanship basically means not playing like a jerk. Killers can kill all four survivors while playing fair. I usually play casual as killer and let everyone go, and despite the fact they get a nice friendly match with a guaranteed 4e the survivors almost never show good sportsmanship. I don't get mad or try to punish them, good sportsmanship is not something I expect from the opposition in this game, I just appreciate it when the other side bothers to show it. The killer doesn't return to the hook, the survivor doesn't try to blind me with a flashbang before running out the exit gate, I appreciate it.

Also, sometimes I'd much rather the killer sacrifice me than carry me around scouring the entire map for the hatch, but it seems rude to wiggle when they're trying to be nice.

let's reward sweaty men who play this game to win!

Do you not play the game to win? If you don't play to win, then what's the big deal about dying?

Playing to win doesn't make someone sweaty. Playing to win is usually considered a natural part of a video game. Playing to have fun and enjoy dying rather than playing to win is something my friend and I do, and I'm pretty sure we're weird for doing it.

The developers themselves are killing the atmosphere of the game with this approach,

It's a horror game. Dying a gruesome death is a celebrated element of horror movies and games. Turning to smoke on a meat hook is actually a pretty lame way to die.

• Skillfulstone
    Skillfulstone Member Posts: 743

Even with offerings remaining, the Finisher Mori system as a whole encourages slugging for the 4k, BP bonus or not.

Those that hate getting slugged for 4 minutes, prepare yourselves it's about to get even more common and people will get sick of Mori animations.

• Ryan489x

I like the grusome death argument. It’s too bad a lot of the early moris aren’t that at all.

Trapper no

Wraith no

Nurse no

Doctor no

Just want to add that the hillbilly’s is lame now

the demos still bothers me because you shouldn’t have a head by the time it’s over. They’re getting better with the newer moris less afraid of gore then they used to be

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,689

Well not as much. If someone wants a mori they can just bring an offering. So unlike PTB you aren't forced to get a 4k if you want a mori. It was that or rancor and devour hope which are highly conditional.

I dont think the system is ideal but i see it as quality of life for myself personally. I wouldn't slug for 4k for it but it would make the match end quicker and end more satisfying by mori'ing instead of hooking. Maybe others think differently i guess we'll have to wait and see.

• Skillfulstone

Why do you think the devs want to push the Finisher Mori system (make Mori animations happen in most games especially in low MMR) so much despite it being rejected (and was rejected before when alongside the dreadful Basekit Unbreakable PTB, which caused unseen amount of slugging and briefly united the whole playerbase)?

It's very likely that, like the gacha-driven mobile version, the devs want to introduce Mori DLC at some point. People will want to justify that purchase.

• Skillfulstone

It won't.

Do you remember the horrid Basekit Ubreakable/Finisher Mori PTB which was the first attempt from the devs at pushing the Finisher Mori system? Slugging was unbearably common and so much worse EVEN IF PEOPLE COULD GET UP because they wanted that animation.

Now, Mori animations are fairly rare and people usually like them, or at least don't hate them. When they start to happen in most games, usually after one person got slugged for 4 minutes, and it's only purpose is "let me rub my victory in your face more with this cutscene" then people will start to hate them and will try to hide even more when a 2v1 happens to not be the Mori receiver.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,251

Agreed, the early moris are extremely disappointing. It's worth having Trapper's Naughty Bear cosmetic for the improved mori alone.

The Huntress's antlered cosmetic with the new mori is a big improvement for her, too. The lullaby for that cosmetic is weird, though.

the demos still bothers me because you shouldn’t have a head by the time it’s over.

Yeah, it's really crazy that the survivor's head grows back after his mori. I was bothered by that from the first time I saw it.

• Ryan489x

funny story about the demos mori I watched a video of an ER doctor reacting to DBD moris and when he saw it he actually asked “how did they die?”