We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Returning player about Skull Merchant

Hadji
Hadji Member Posts: 19

Took a long break when the unknown was in PTB and just returned, Read the latest PTB notes and have a sincere question..

Are those skull Merchant changes some april fools joke or a meme or something?

Best Answer

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 3,117
    edited October 4 Answer ✓

Though I am too similarly upset about SM, to take a more positive spin: -

• She was at an abnormally high killrate at low and mid mmr of 68% from BHVRs own stats (even accounting for SoH).
    • They did say she was "getting her wings clipped" for now to handle the major issue of survivors constantly DCing against her.
    • She gotten some of the more aggregious nerfs reversed so she does at least function, which there was a very real possibility of getting nothing at all.
    • This change is temporary until she can be reworked properly, which is targeted for 2025.

Hopefully now we can start getting past the scores of "just delete her" and "just rework her" discussions. Survivors have had their blood, now it's time to be productive and actually talk about how to rework her.

I still vote for going all in on making her a bonfied trap killer who creates a web of drones. Placing her drones to act as traps with a semi decent anti loop ability that isn't oppressive, poses a question of "do I leave loop and risk running into her web, or do I try and loop here vs. the drone", which the faster single scan line makes more than viable.

I'll probably throw up another thread about her in the future, but I'll wait to see where she lands first.

Answers