Least favorite (not strongest) killer(s) to face?

Thusly_Boned
Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,915

Excluding SM, of course. That's a given, and that they are reverting the most need changes ensure that hatred of her will continue (as will people leaving her matches). But I digress.

I'm talking about killers you just don't like for one reason or another (or for reasons you can't define). You just hate them, and hate facing them, even if you win.

For me, it's the Wraith. I despise the Wraith, even though he's a mid-tier killer. Have since i started playing years ago. Not much makes me want to go next immediately (to be clear I don't, but I really want to) more than hearing the Wraith's cloaking sound.

I don't even like playing as Wraith. Such a boring, predictable, training wheels killer.

Comments

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,204

Twins, Knight, Xeno, Chuckie, Nemesis.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,741

Plague.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,853
    edited October 4

Deathslinger, Legion, Pyramid Head, Twins, Wesker, Chucky, Vecna, Pinhead, and (obviously) Skull Merchant. There are a lot of them. I generally hate killers who have fast moving attacks that interact poorly with the horrendous ping / hitboxes / netcode / whatever sorcery goes into Huntress hatchets and the like hitting the air six feet behind you and still doing damage. Huntress, Blight, and Billy are notable exceptions that I think are actually fun. There's a lot more that pisses me off about these killers than attack speed, though. They also suffer from serious bugs, lose/lose mechanics, and otherwise irritating powers.

There are handful of others I dislike but find some redeeming value to: Knight, Singularity, Dracula, Sadako, Artist, Trickster, and Nemesis are in this category.

I am various levels of positive about playing against everyone else; at the very least the good outweighs the bad, and many of them are a downright pleasure to play against. It is not a coincidence that the vast majority of killers released over the past few years are on one of the two lists above. I have really been hating the new killer designs. This carries over into my preferences for playing killer too, as I have no interest in playing a killer that I personally can't stand.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,899

We hate the saw bros. Billy we got a laundry list of reasons while bubba is more from past hate still being paid off.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,890

I main Trapper but he is my least favorite to go against. Sometimes I would say to myself “I’d rather face a Nurse right now.”

Even though I rarely get caught in traps, it’s the inconvenience of seen traps shutting down loops and the paronia of wondering if a trap is in this tall grass or on the other side of that window you want to hop while being chased. That paronia is so mental, I take it with me into my next match and immediately start watching the floor when the game starts. Now that’s nuts.

• hermitkermit
    hermitkermit Member Posts: 364

I really dislike facing Trickster and Spirit. Trickster because his theme song weirdly gives me intense anxiety lol and his ability to tunnel through endurance and proxy is really frustrating to face. And Spirit just because the counter play seems very dependent on bringing a very specific perk or having expensive headphones and no hearing problems. Being a drummer for like 5 years makes it hard to hear her whispers. But I LOVE both of their designs, and their cosmetics are just stunning. Plus some Spirit players are really funny.

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,589

I don't really like playing against low-tier killers. I don't know… No satisfaction…

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,605

Hag and Spirit.

Hag because she so, so often tunnels in my experience, even outdoing Nemesis percentage-wise. And Spirit because I somehow really struggle with telling where she is.

Blight, Nurse and SM are runner-ups for how they get kinda overwhelming for me. SM in particular has a lot going on, and I'm very prone to get information overload against her.

Also Trickster, but that's mostly just because I find him kinda dull to face.

• SkeletonDance
    SkeletonDance Member Posts: 325

Trapper makes me paranoic every time I play vers against him

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,315

I cannot stand Pig. Big slowdown at best, tunnelling/instakill cheese at worst. The only reason she gets away with it is because she doesn't have good chase potential.

You bet my ass I'll be playing as safe and as boring as humanly possible if I see a Pig.

• 90bubbel
    90bubbel Member Posts: 90

Legion, and suprisingly not because of mending, legion breathes heavily in chase which stresses the ######### out of me

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 863

The one thing that saves Wesker for me is looping him on fire barrels; his ability to smoothly glide around God loops but inability to handle one lil barrel is comical...then he overshoots and he zooms past you and vaults a random pallet.

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 708

Even with her on the list I would go with plague, i don't know how can anyone have any fun against her

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,411

why do you hate ghostface? i dislike nurse only. the other two killer that are sort of boring to play against but not on the level of unfun is Pig and Myer's. i don't find the mori aspect of those 2 killers interactive as survivor. Kinda feels out of your control and rely on a combination of luck and team competency to survive + a bit of killer misplay.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,485

Recently Knight has been bumped back up to top spot. After his last update its just guard after guard after guard all game.

• Heliosse
    Heliosse Member Posts: 117

Wesker, Billy, Blight

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,212

My least favourite is the Twins, mostly because the few Twins players I've come across have mostly decided hump-di-hump and hitting on the hook are their favourite past times. Gives a bad name for any Twins player who doesn't do this.

Runner up is Legion, because they're very predictable, and a trial with them is practically scripted. You can escape the trial from them well enough, but the trial often feels like a mundane slog than anything exciting, which contrasts to the chase sound and fast action they promise.

• Jacknalls_Paw
    Jacknalls_Paw Member Posts: 149

Chucky and Twins

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,136

Twins is probably the worst for me. I rarely see them but when i do they all typically play the same, just slugging with victor. On top of that most people see them so rarely they don't know how to play against them. I could probably count on one hand how many times i've played against twins in the past year and all have been the same victor slugfests.

• buggybug
    buggybug Member Posts: 84
    edited October 5

Plague= this killer is disgusting and people like my friend who has eating disorders do not fancy puke sounds and she negates healing builds and emblem which is lame.

Wraith= Cause removing light burn was so stupid so he can get free hits and body blocks where you could have stop that by dropping a flashback on him.

Bubba= the most boring out of the instant down killers takes 0 skill to use his power and camper king and all other instant down killers power is limited minus perm tier 3 myers but I love bullying him in his own tcm game where he actually is fun there.

Pig= power is so annoying to deal with and all they do is tunnel people with active traps on and if you get caught with one trap just as the last gen pop, you only can escape via hatch and that's stupid and even if am not the one then am still risking the life of my other teammates who has traps. She literally is a walking gen slow down killer. I Much rather deal with pinhead box

Spirit= No counter play even with iron will and I hate how she looks and sounds like some crazy cat. I Can most likely kite even a good nurse better than an average spirit

Skull merchant= No explaining needed

Clown = force pre drop

Myers = All versions of him is boring and 95% play tombstone so I always auto into lockers more.

Twins=slugfest

Legion= 24 hour mend.

Chucky= Boring and more cocky with shet talk than wes makes me wanna just grab him through my TV monitor and all of them are toxic, campy tunnel,humping,hit on hook wraith 3.0s though the tiffs don't seem to do so.

Unknown = Happy return to hook Andies and just lame easy teleport spam

Singularly =no matter how much distance you get they catch up easily with teleport to you spams and they have built in spirit fury making pallets a waste.

Everyone else is good with wesker,trickster and vecnas being my favorites and the rest in my good days.

• Wibwob
    Wibwob Member Posts: 80

Chucky, Trapper, Freddy, Clown, Knight, Twins and Plague. I'm thankful that only one of these is common lol

Also if we got the REAL Freddy I wouldn't mind him nearly as much

• M1_gamer
    M1_gamer Member Posts: 352

Knight and Ghostface

• cclain
    cclain Member Posts: 68

deathbringer, everytime i manage to put some distance between him and me and he just hook me, eliminating the gap between us , that make me feal this killer isnt fair

• LadyOwO
    LadyOwO Member Posts: 357
    edited October 5

I despise The Legion because each game against one is just a mending simulator. Plus they all use the same slowdown builds that makes getting anything meaningful done as a survivor impossible. It's usually not a problem on most maps but on smaller ones he's completely busted

• Grimlet09
    Grimlet09 Member Posts: 43
    edited October 7

i dont like playing with deathslinr or plage. their playrs are always really mean :(

wesker is also rly annoying he shodnt be able to get half those hits. hes just one big glitch and thats what makes him good and thats it, its rly unfair.

• Grimlet09

y ghostface? knigth i get hes unfun i dont like being teamed up on, but ghostfaec seems fine… hes just rly hard to see. is it cause he can tbag????

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,286

Deathslinger for one reason only. He makes no sound when he's about to shoot you in the butt. I hate it.

Knight. With the new buffs he got he's become quite annoying and they like to 3 gen alot.

Single Larry aka Singularity.. i don't like how he can camp and tunnel with his power and you can't get rid of his blobs..only disarm them for a short while. Also like to 3 gen with their blobs.

Fan favorite Skull merchant. Do i need to say why? We've been through this dance and she has no good qualities.

• notstarboard
    edited October 7

For me it's the bugginess / clunkiness of the reveal mechanic. Ghost Face is designed to be able to peek around corners, but survivors can't reveal him unless 30% of his body is visible. He banks progress on his stalk even after being broken out of his power, while survivor reveal progress can easily be interrupted and reset, especially since the reveal mechanic itself is temperamental. He can stalk you through objects you can't reveal him through and he can stalk you from a farther distance than you can reveal him from.

The end result is that his power is eminently cheesable. You can see him coming the whole way and in the time it took to reveal him you get halfway stalked. He starts a chase with you, and then ~20 seconds letter he gets his power back and finishes the stalk in your face for a free exposed. And I say "free" because the whole point of the killer is to be rewarded for being stealthy, but that doesn't end up mattering much. It's more like exposed on a timer. He takes 1.5 seconds to reveal and takes 5 seconds to mark you or 2.5 seconds with a lean. Even if you start revealing quickly and don't get the reveal interrupted, it's a miracle if he can't mark you on the second power activation.

The end result is that interacting with his power feels horrendous.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,868

I agree with this list, I used to not mind Nemi but after his buff I feel like he borders on broken at tier 3 now. Xeno would not be so bad but some of his tail hits are just so BS it makes me enjoy him (it?) less

I would add Trickster to this list too…

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,913
    edited October 7

Chucky, Pinhead, and Blight.

• Aceislife
    Aceislife Member Posts: 288

I ######### despise Skull Merchant

• Grimlet09

thats funny because i feel like hes ez to handle bc i am always revealing him when he clearly doesnt want to be or shouldnt be. i think the reveal is just buggy and needs fixing, not the killers fault. :/

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 763

I absolutely hate Myers because of the insta mori addons. If I see a myers I just jump into a locker and wait until i either get picked up and die, or somehow the doors open...

Also bubba is pretty boring to play against

• notstarboard
    edited October 7

If your team is also good at revealing him, he can start to feel really weak really fast. Certain maps are just inherently hard for him too. But when you're going 1v1 against a Ghost Face in Night Shroud, the reveal mechanic is so easy for him to cheese. He starts stalking, you start revealing, he ducks behind a wall, or a railing, or a lamp post and resets your reveal progress, then continues to stalk you… that's clearly not the intent of the killer's power, but that's how it feels to play against Ghost Face a lot of the time. Some of this might just be bugs that can be fixed, but he's been out since 2019, they've fiddled with his power a few times, and it still feels like an inconsistent mess. I'm not holding my breath.

I still don't dislike him as a killer though because he's one of the few killers in the game that can actually be scary to play against. I think we need more of that.

• Grimlet09

acty i thik maybe that is the intent of the power???? y else would he be able to do that?

• notstarboard

It would seem strange for the intent of the power to be Ghost Face pantomiming "you don't see me! you don't see me!" as he hides behind a fence post, or something, but maybe BHVR was leaning into the horror comedy thing? (not a chance, but funny thought!). The only justification I have for why he can do that is because he would be pitifully weak without that and he is not high enough on the list for a rework for the devs to consider larger changes to his power anytime soon.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,411

i'd say his reveal is suppose at best prevent the initial hit from exposed before you get to a loop. a ghostface that doesn't mark and down in first ability is already failed ability. time-wise. it is 20 second minimum chase time extension. Previously, it was 30 seconds.

the most successful usage of ghostface's power is being mark someone and immediately down in a single usage of gf power. this is because you spend least amount of time. for example, you hook someone, you know a survivor is on gen, you exposed them, down. if we account for walking time because ghostface is immobile killer, that is 20 second time investment for a down. that is on either on par or greater time efficiency than top-tier killer chase killers in the game.

as soon as you fail power, the 20 second for a down is now 40 second for a down and often more because lots of loops for ghostface are not particular favourable for an experienced looper. so while his high is 20 second chase, his low is like 60 second or even game-losing chase. so even when he is successful at exposing you, the reward isn't great because his base-kit anti-loop is non-existent.

• caipt
    caipt Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 632

hes punished plenty for missing because when he misses his double dash hes way way WAY out of position. Urobending is fair because if he hit you with power you should get hit. The hug tech hate is understandable but their frame perfect timings so i think we should let them slide.