Dead by PC

I just wanted to start a discussion on how to improve console gaming but already saw tons of them. So I decided to sum up everything and give any new player a clear understanding of how this game performs on a console and hopefully give some new test cases for developers.

1) you will never find console games, only cross-platform. Guess there are many more players in the USA, and Canada and you will have a chance for fair play, but here in Cyprus nope.

2) you will never use mouse+kb as developers just do not have plans for it. Yes, you will be always playing against PC with your controller.

3) As a killer you will find out that a game is about running around obstacles and you usually lose as the controller can not even make a smooth enough turn to catch a survivor.

4) As a killer you will lose sight of a survivor especially in grass because the controller just can not give you enough focus.

5) As a killer your hits will usually miss as survivors can make 90/180/360 turns in milliseconds. They keep an eye on you looking back while running so timing is not a problem once they understand that you are a controller slave.

6) As a killer you will be blinded by a flashlight very often as you can not move the camera away fast enough.

7) As a killer you will not play all characters as you can not aim on a controller (trickster, nurse, cenobit, huntress, deathslinger, etc).

8) As a killer you will not use some perks like the ones connected with the obsession as you will not have slots for tactics (to compensate for control dysfunction highly likely you will take widescreen, light born, hubris, etc)

9) As a killer you will see survivors teabaging very often as they just dropped a pallet on you.

10) As a survivor you will be caught very often as you can not look back while running.

11) As a survivor you can not use kiting tactics as you can not run around obstacles smoothly.

12) As a survivor you will never use a flashlight as it will work only in 10% of cases.

13) As a survivor you will not use some perks: flashbang, dead hard, etc.

14) As any type of player you will not see a thing on most of the maps as they are too dark and you can not make the game brighter. I guess it is because the QA team is not testing the game on the sofa in a bright living room 3 meters away from the TV.

15) As a survivor you will leave games against the Dredge as half of the game will be a black screen (PC players will suggest closing curtains but I think it's like suggesting buying an expensive high frame monitor for MINIMUM comfortable play)

16) As with any type of player lobby GUI will make you suffer as it is not adapted for console gamepads and you will have to target each button or perk in bloodweb.

As this is a suggestion post I see a few ways to make the game more fair for the console, but honestly do not believe that any of this will be ever considered by a dev team. Still, I have to speak out loud for my own calmness:

a) remove cross-platform, maybe we have enough console players in the same region

b) reduce mouse speed to restrict 360 turns in milliseconds

c) increase console killer speed if he is playing against pc team

d) add hit chance for PC killer if he is playing against console survivor (could be applied to a certain survivor at the moment of the hit).

All in all this game is not performing on a console but gives a chance to become a meat for PC players. Moreover, nobody ever thinks about team balance when someone is playing console. Playing killer is zero fun, especially against a team that has a voice chat, but you can still get some good moments as a survivor if you play it more in a stealth style.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,786

Listen fam I'm a big advocate for improving console killer with a controller, but even I cringed at this thread. I'm not going to go through each of your points, as I imagine this post will be deleted most likely. But here's some of my feedback:

Most of the issues would be mitigated with implementing M&K support. Aside from that, we need more controller setting options to help deal with deadzones in the sticks, input lag, etc. A proper thorough optimization would benefit everyone as well.

I too would favor console-only CrossPlay but I do not believe the playerbase has the numbers to support it. Also the main reason they implemented CrossPlay in the first place was to unite the players.

The issues with Aim Dressing effect all platforms, just console harsher. I agree this should be addressed.

You absolutely can look behind you while running. I know the camera movement feels slow & unnatural, but it can be done. This imo effects killer gameplay way more.

Most of the killer roster can be run effectively on console, if you're willing to put in the time. Not to anywhere near their full potential no, but playable. Yes Trickster and prolly Singularity are unplayable and that they should be ashamed of.

Restricting stuff because someone's on PC is not the right mindset imo. They should endeavor to improve gameplay, not warm it based on platform choice.

• rockstar
    rockstar Member Posts: 8

one year later we have a lot of new content, new engine (still nothing serious to talk about) and zero gameplay improvements for console.

I do still think that mouse speed should be reduced (to the stick performance speed) and I do not find this cringe for crossplarform game. If you are playing PC and do not want to reduce mouse speed just switch off crossplatform (or is it unavailable for pc?).

The problem is that market is always asking opinion of pro players like the previous commenter who are aware of dead zones, lag, etc. But I believe the most of the console players are like me, we just want to relax in the sofa in the end of the day. Honestly I do not want MK support as I just do not have a table, I am literally sitting on sofa while playing. I do not need 100+usd controller with super precious sticks, I need touchpad or trackball instead camera stick as it is easier. But I can not even buy unsupported controller due to xbox policy. I am about to throw away console and find another way to relax. And it will be your fault bhvr :)

P.S. You can not imagine how unfair is it to see on youtube the upcomming update and suddenly realize that pc player can even adjust brightness through video card settings. I feel myself like a PC gamers slave. They got all the benefits and I am just serving for them as another easy win.