We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Map Offerings

Rick1998
Rick1998 Member Posts: 249

jesus lord allmighty . Can you guys the developers of Dead By Daylight please take a look and potentially remove map offerings ?
as a high MMR killer the only correct plays i have are to bring my own map to potentially win a 50/50 vs their maps or bring a sac ward . Can i just go back to being able to bring bps / cakes as offerings and still enjoy this game . I can't tell if it is the increased bps all around or a more conpetitive mentality but map offerings are present in 90%+ of my matches . They cause dcs on both sides and just unfun scenarios . I can send myself to certain maps with a killer and built to have the easiest more free win of my life . I don't do that because it is boring but there is nothing stopping someone from doing so. I got over 7400 hours in dbd but the " map offering " plague that is current dbd is trully making me despise this game . I can send myself to hawkins as skull merchant or have quad balanced landing on toba landing / erye as survivor . 99% of those bad matches that stick with you for being terrible have a map offering involved . Anyone that defends it at this point is doing the same as me and using them every match . I gave up bringing bps and im sorry for anyone who actually doesn't bring them for that 1/10 match in whoch nobody burns a map ( i will be nice those games ). Anyhow i could go on for this about how outdated and bad map offerings are . The ammount of dcs on the loading screen on both sides is insane and i don't boame the players for doing it either . The dcs on loading screen for certain maps must be 80%+ but i'm not sure if they can see that data . Anyhow this could be a regional deal but i believe high mmr period will have map offerings this often since they can sway so much in your favor . I hope more people feel encouraged to spam this feedback until it reaches their ears .

Comments

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,149

I have definitely noticed a lot more survivors burning map offerings, notably: eyrie, autohaven, and withered isle. I usually only burn bp offerings as i have a lot of anniversary cakes. I don't really mind map offerings till it's the same ones over and over. I think i played about 15 games the other night and probably 10-12 had those map offerings.

• Rick1998

I have 1957 birthday cakes on my main . I just have had to stop using them otherwise i will only play erye, badham and ormond all night long .

• Rick1998

I have 1957 birthday cakes on my main . I just have had to stop using them otherwise i will only play erye, badham and ormond all night long .

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 1,007
    edited October 6

Killer's should only be the one allowed to bring survivors to that domain of killer's choosing with a Map Offering

And survivors should only be allowed to bring a Sacrificial Ward to prevent the Killer's intention to bring them to their favor.

Let the dice throw decide whether luck is on your side of wasting an offering.

• Triplehoo
    Triplehoo Member Posts: 639

I agree that Map Offerings should go. But the problem lies within DbD's map pool rotation, also, because the system doesn't count the variations of certain realms. That is why you would get Azarov's or Badham multiple times in a row. You just get different variations of them.

• coolgue1
    coolgue1 Member Posts: 126

Unless they revert most of the god awful map reworks that are basically smaller than a postage stamp and can basically 6 gen lock I say no their sack ward as u said and their people only 2 op survovur map left hawker and meat paint that it ever other map HOT GARBAGE most pallets and wall are so short all you can do is pre through and u prob still get hit haha it laughable play killer has never been more easy

• n000b51
    n000b51 Member Posts: 690
    edited October 6

You are so lucky with the maps offerings bc with the boosted maps rotation, I more often have Lery's, RPD, Dead Dawg & Hawkins.
    An offering to avoid a specific realm should be a nice thing instead to remove Maps Offerings definitively…

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,918

I just played a game on Rotten Fields. It’s a shoebox with no connecting structures. Insanity.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 4,002

Map offerings provide a huge advantage to the side bringing them to the match due to them being able to prepare for a specific scenario. On top of this, the strenght of maps differn A LOT.

The only offering to negate a map offering is pretty rare compared to map offerings themselves, which does not make the situation any better.

In my opinion, they should go.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,882

You want map offerings to go for map selection to be truly random.

I want map offerings to go because I only ever bring BP offerings and they are an expensive waste of BP in the blood web.

We are not the same.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,668

That’s unfortunate this is what it is like at high mmr.

It’s probably my low mmr but I love map offerings. It’s exciting for me when I see someone else bringing one. I’ll bring my own offering if I’m craving a certain vibe from a certain realm.

It’s really too bad it inspires so much frustration.

• Azulra
    Azulra Member Posts: 504

BHVR, last time I checked at least, do intend on removing map offerings in the future as they want to, hopefully, eventually add in a system that reduces your chances of getting a map you very recently played on.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,204

I don't know about removing them, but I know I'd be burning sacrificial wards a lot more often if they were brought down to yellow.

• zarr
    zarr Member Posts: 946

In a recent interview MCote said one of the reasons why they regularly forgo creating maps these days (apart from obvious things to do with effort and money) is that the more maps they release, the more they dilute the map pool such that it will become increasingly more rare to end up on a specific map you like, and without map offerings you could in fact go weeks or months without ever seeing some map(s). This is especially true for players that don't spend many hours on the game regularly of course. And it would be especially unfortunate with the release of new maps, where even if they increase the chance of getting them for a week or two after release, you just wouldn't really end up playing on it much if at all.

Personally I don't have a huge problem with map offerings, only few maps are really egregiously one-sided, and it's interesting that killers and survivors can include maps in their preconceived strategies - it enriches the diversity of the gameplay experience because you would almost never see certain builds or strategies (such as Mirror Myers or Overcome + Lucky Break on indoor) without map offerings. Instead of removing map offerings, they should simply address those egregious outliers (such as Haddonfield and Springwood).

Another thing that would help is to make the map repetition prevention (is that actually still working at all by the way?) also apply through map offerings. Meaning that if even only 1 player in a lobby has previously played a map, map offerings for that map are either ignored or at least weighted only by 50% (or if there are multiple maps in the offering's realm, those specific maps instead are either ignored or less likely, of course). This would prevent players from being able to continually send themselves to the same map as well. Hell, they could also build that system to function on a 24-hour basis (or even a "last 50 maps played" basis), keeping track of the maps a player has played and adjusting the chances for maps to appear accordingly, again ignoring map offerings or weighting them differently. Mediating this between 5 players in a given lobby would of course get more complicated, but not prohibitively complicated either.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,534

I don't know, Badham has such great scenery. I love sending myself to Badham every single match to observe the scenery. Sure it has extremely powerful buildings and is miserable for lots of killers to play but gosh that scenery, just can't get enough of it.

• A_T_E
    A_T_E Member Posts: 112

I don't like map offerings

Bring sacrificial wards or your own map offerings.

With a supposed 7400 hours on record, you don't really need BP offerings anymore, let's be honest. What could you possibly need BP for so badly, that you absolutely have to burn an offering? Alternatively, try to relax and have fun. Burn BP offering, put on a meme perk build, and just kid around. Oh wait:

As a high MMR Killer

One of these mysterious high MMR Killers, that somehow know their MMR. I'd like to know my MMR, how can you tell what yours is?

1/10 match in which nobody burns a map offering

Very typical for a salt post, overexaggerate the problem to convince people to "spam this feedback".

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 1,035

none of those are particularly survivor sized so it’s not really a concern.

Personally if it’s anything like me I’ve been using map offerings because if I don’t I only seem to get cold wind or ormond and I’m sick of them.

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 667

DbD would be much better and healthier without map offerings or if map offerings would reduce the chance to go to the realm instead of increasing it. Many players use map offerings to get an unfair advantage and to make the match miserable for the other side.

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,149

They are pretty survivor sided. Eyrie is pretty big with some bad loops depending on killer, Garden of joy is arguably the most survivor sided map in the game, and autohaven is pretty bad with the tall walls.

I don't have an issue usually with these but i don't want to see them 10+ times in a row.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,749

"wants it easy" and it's just randomized maps lmaoooooo. what does eyrie/badham offering survivors want here then?

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,749
    edited October 7

after my potato pc map offerings are the reason for this. i'll play survivor here and there but you can play only one side for so long until it gets super boring.

i'll just parrot myself; even if all maps were balanced (they are FAR from that) map offerings still wouldn't be fair. map offerings existing with current preschool, haddonfield eyrie gideon etc is just funny, it's no surprise people abuse the hell out of them. i got enough cakes for every killer so i wouldn't play a match without burning one but at this rate i can safely assume we will be going to some awful map via an offering and most of my killers don't have enough (or any) sac wards so i don't really want to even log in anymore.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,716

Map offerings need to go.

• SOULWARRIOR71K
    SOULWARRIOR71K Member Posts: 458

Map offerings should go or at the very least sacrificial ward needs to change to common rarity.

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 1,035

At this point I think a lot of things need reviewing and removing from the game. I wouldn't even be sad to see things like keys go unless they're planning on reworking the hatch.

I think the blood web could be MASSIVELY streamlined - half the time I don't even know what I'm buying anymore. I look for medkits and toolboxes/BNPs and then it's just a case of 'auto buy' whatever is left.

A better system could be an extension of the 'offering' screen where for each match 3/4 maps are shown and everyone can vote on which map is chosen to give a chance to go there.

• Rick1998
    edited October 9

why are you lying ?

Post edited by Rick1998 on
  • Rick1998

we honestly just need an auto prestige option if we have enoufh bps in stock . Map voting is tricky with this being a 4v1 assym