We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Remove this hook on ormand c'mon bhvr

Rxstevo
Rxstevo Member Posts: 31
edited October 7 in Feedback and Suggestions

This was that survivors first hook and the other couldn't really do anything, They also never got any anti camp. This hook is literally made for camping survivors. Can't even imagine what bubba would be like.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,918

But what about Boil Over and Flip Flop or whatever.

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 1,007

Get rid of hooks all together. Bring on Entity Cages into regular trials, from 2v8 and Dorito Head type cages. Make them have the camping range so they move away from the camper after a few seconds killer hung around them. Stay longer when there's survivors trying to rush save.

Seriously. After every single change for Anti This Anti That. Even lore wise, why do we still deal. with Hooks, and not the Entity's appendages a.k.a. cages holding a survivor. Killer's are feeding them to the Entity so it makes sense ... yeah?

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,466

i abuse that hook for camping now. it has made ormond such an easy map for killer to win on. ormond used to be way more challenging without that hook. now it is semi-free win. it is like eyrie of crows hook on top side that is super easy to camp.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,794

Yeah, the main complaint about that hook is indeed how it allows for an easy camp. But as long as Boil Over exists, I think it is necessary.

• Jarred2504
    Jarred2504 Member Posts: 19

So by your logic should remove like the basement hooks and other hooks that are in hard to reach locations ie: corners of mazes, higher ground, easy to camp spots?

Too many maps are already survivor bias and easy for bully squads to mess around on so no hooks need to be removed or relocated, matter of fact more hooks should be like the one you are referring to so killers can better camp areas and catch rescuers off guard.

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,149

I mean you obviously haven't had little rat survivors running into upstairs rooms while running boil over before these hooks were added.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,466

i am of the opinion that slugging should exist as long it has plausible risk and win condition for killer.

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 684

Really is a double edged sword. If the devs get rid of second story hooks, survivors can go back to using Boil Over for cheese strats. Keep the hooks, and killers can take advantage of positioning of these hooks for unpunished camping where they otherwise would be.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,256
    edited October 7

It's definitely busted. I even saw Otz complaining about how broken it is the other day. He intentionally camped it in a few games to show how absurdly strong it is.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,929

Yeah but its 1 hook on a map where most of the time you arent getting to it. Absurdly strong hook for an absurdly strong map balances it out. Also the boil over thing.

• Fluffyxox
    Fluffyxox Member Posts: 13

Remove boil over and the hook can be removed I guess.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,881

A killer camping a hook and making it (almost) impossible to unhook is a far more common issue than a survivor running boil over. Hooks like this should not exist.

Just put a hook right next to the drop down balconies and boil over will also be negated as they wouldn't have enough time to build up wiggle progress before getting hooked.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,918

I dunno about that. There is usually a hook that spawns nearby below it. That could be due to this map being reworked though. I can’t imagine a hook that can be camped with only one way out is in response to Boil Over though. It’s probably an oversight by the devs.