We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Does anyone think that Ultimate abilities and unbreakable in 2vs8 will force slugging to be meta?

Devil_hit11
Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,465

So in case anyone misunderstand title, survivors classes all have active ultimate abilities with following effects

→ One class re-builds pallets

→ One class instant heals a survivor(Likely medic)

→ One class boosts repair speed tremendously(Likely generator class)

These active abilities have a cooldown. Let's say cooldown is 90 seconds. When a survivor is put into dying state, they can use their ultimate ability to pick themselves up from the floor.

So if your a killer player and you want deny survivors the ability to use these extremely powerful abilities, by slugging survivor, you deny their ability while also killing them slowly through bleed out.

On top of that, since killer are forced to pick-up survivors allowing flashlight saves and pallet saves to occur, the risk to pick-up the survivor increased. Also, when a survivor is hooked, they gain bonus to repair speed until next gen is poped. as a result, there is less reason attempt to hook survivors because you might not get any reward for hooking where as denying their ability is always rewarding and regardless, you'll always deplete their timer and deny their catch-up mechanic.

The only way i see hooking ever relevant for killer is when i am behind but by not hooking, i am more likely to be behind and as result, i am able to use catch-up mechanic as gen defence mechanic.

Thoughts?

Comments

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 727

i just hope they add something to not make this game mode miserable, the previous version was peak DBD

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,465

my take is that ultimate abilities will either make the mode super survivor sided or killer sided depending how long cooldown is. short cooldown = survivor sided. long cooldown = killer sided. Maybe i am wrong but that is my take.

• Grimlet09
    Grimlet09 Member Posts: 77
    edited October 7

yes.

i dont think they should add any of these. survivor was fine last time it doesnt need to be made stonger i was escaping fine more thna regular mode with this mode last tiem. now i dont think there will be anything some killers can do… :( evyone will just play blight or killrs that are fast u will never see trapper or wraith or anything and what about when they add more killrs like sadako? thse classes are maybe too much…

bhvr we have enough pls give killers more, survivor is fine in 2v8…