Killers are too OP

In my experience playing this game (Been playing for over 2 years now) the killers have all the advantages with their perks that reveal survivor auras and stopping gen progression. Killers also move quicker than survivors, lunge far, some can teleport or sprint, have too many throwables or no cool down time with throwables. Theres also too many hooks on every map, especially if you’re downsizing maps. The few things survivors have to “fight back” like flashlight, flashbang or traps make you feel like you have to jump through skill hoops or game mechanic hoops. I feel like this can be cured from heavily balancing killers.

Comments

• cclain
    cclain Member Posts: 68

stat from july : https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/420795/new-stats-july-2024
    same time in chase high elo or average player

https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/405384/fr-mise-a-jour-des-developpeurs-stats
    same win rate in soloq in high elo and in average player
    even at 3 its almost the same winrate

• REC0RD_BREAKER
    REC0RD_BREAKER Member Posts: 2

Yes I’ve also played killer a lot and I run no perks and usually kill 3 or 4 survivors every match. It’s too easy as killer tbh

• buggybug
    buggybug Member Posts: 83

And they have crutchborn that blocks flashlights and flashbangs so all you got now are unsafe rubbish pallets. Windows may as well not exist since you always get hit through them.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,805
    edited October 9

A trend I see with these posts is, nobody seems to say what killer they run, what builds, and what kinds of survivors they get.

Killer isn't that consistent across every playable killer, perk, addon and survivor variants. Can't tell me a Nurse with BBQ, Nurse's Calling, Lethal Persuer and Pain Res with Heavy Panting+Plaid Flannel addons is the same as Singularity running Rapid Brutality, Nemesis, Game Afoot and Furtive Chase with Hologram Generator+Foreign Plant Fibers as an example.

And that's before factoring in maps.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,205

I know the stats. The Devs want 60% kill rate btw.

We don't know how the stats were actually collected. Did they omit matches where survivors gave up on hook? Did they omit matches with afk players? Did they take into account that MMR might not have paired the players fairly? Did they take into account a sweaty player going against casuals or meme players? Did they take perks into account? A Blight with all slowdown and his best addons is more likely to win than a casual Blight, doing their daily.

• LapisInfernalis

What is "a lot"? Are you playing different killers or only one or two? If you continue getting 3 or 4k your MMR will rise and soon you will get more experienced survivors you play against. If you make longer breaks, your MMR drops a bit.

If you play killer regularly like me, you will notice that at one point it gets harder to win.

Btw: It is normal that at low MMR killers are stronger than average, because they are balanced for the majority of players who play somewhere in the middle. I am sorry to say it, but if killer is still so easy after 2 years of playing, you are not playing enough killer.

• francesinhalover
    francesinhalover Member Posts: 39

Doesn't help killers are full of antiloop now. Every new killer that came out has ways to deal with pallets.

760hrs of dbd so far. i lose like 90% of my matches. Idk how this is balanced.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,426
    edited October 10

Which killers?

Because if you mean all of them not at all.

If you mean the top like, 3-4 sure.

• LapisInfernalis

Trapper shuts down loops, Billy can curve, Nurse exists.

Antiloop is not new.

• NarkoTri1er
    NarkoTri1er Member Posts: 303

i find it hard to believe you are facing some of most powerful antiloop killers in 90% of your matches :D

• francesinhalover
    francesinhalover Member Posts: 39

usually if it's a win it's vs a m1 killer or a literal noob