Why don't the survivors fight back?

Tyler3
Tyler3 Member Posts: 194

I'm sure there is already a well established reason for this, but I can't help but wonder why Lara Croft doesn't just build a makeshift weapon from some sticks, climb up a tree, then pounce down on an unsuspecting Legion walking by. Or why Ada and Leon don't use all of their knife defense skills against Michael.

Why don't the survivors fight?

We know they can, somewhat. They can throw a pallet on the killer, blind them with a flashlight, or burst out of a locker to stun them. But we know they can be more aggressive than that.

I've heard before that if a survivor attempts to build a makeshift weapon, the entity will simply make it disappear. This is not true. Decisive Strike exists. So do flashbangs, blast mines and chemical traps. Why does The Entity allow survivors to get their hands on these weapons?

Another thing, when a survivor uses DS, why don't they just go for the head? It's already strange that The Entity allows the survivor to do this, as it seems to contradict the rules of the Trials, but even stranger that the survivor doing the DS doesn't go for the head or neck and instead the shoulder.

Why are survivors allowed to craft aforementioned flashbangs, blast mines and chem traps? All of these weapons visibly hurt the killer, especially blast mines, which stun them for a good 5 seconds.

My point is, if survivors are allowed to stab the killer with DS, why don't they all sharpen some sticks and attack the killer together? Survivors like Lara are more than capable of doing this.

Even with no weapons, some survivors, like Ada, are masters of martial arts and could easily beat any opponent that comes their way, especially killers without supernatural abilities, like Legion or Trapper.

In short, why don't the survivors, especially the more capable ones, fight back, as there's seemingly no reason why they shouldn't, or couldn't.

Comments

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 1,243

It's apart of the rules for the trial. I don't think anything actually hurts any of the killers. A pallet wouldn't hurt nemesis. Nor would DS. But the entity allows the survivors to make certain weapons and makes it stun the killer so that way the survivor can get away and increase the hope of the survivor, thus giving the entity more food since it feeds on emotions. I would assume Survivors don't have a choice where to stab the killer. Just like how they all can just repair generators despite never having worked on them before.

Everything that happens in the trial only happens because the entity allows it. With the exception of hatch as that was created by Vigo and not meant to exist. Survivors don't actually fight back fully because they can't. Otherwise Leon would be going sicko mode.

• Tyler3

Ah okay I understand. I wonder if there was ever a survivor that could resist The Entity's mind control?

• MarylinMonhoe
    MarylinMonhoe Member Posts: 129

It's not about mind control, it's about being trapped in some sort of hell

There is actually one survivor completely immune to these shenanigans :

Blendette

She just stays in a bush, interacting with nothing and nobody

She is the real menace

• Tyler3

Wow, I didn't realise she had this kind of demonic power.. Maybe she is a spy for The Entity, always watching us.. 😰

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,264

By looking at the game in its early years, the original characters designed to be average people, and the base concept were survival with minimal resources. Along with the lore, the Entity's primary motivation is to manipulate and torment them. Making it nearly impossible for survivors to effectively defend themselves.
    From a gameplay perspective, it requires balance and additional coding for each individual ability. Which is not easy to make and can cost extra money.
    They may have taken this into account after or before they added characters like Bill Overbeck. And probably with no choice or by choice, the decided to leave the game as it was in the first place, and they gave them all the same mechanics.
    You can look at this world as a 'hell' and not as a physical world that you can trust, because it is a world that changes and a world that is controlled by an Entity with supernatural powers. I don't think a policeman or a soldier can be himself in front of such a powerful being, they are pretty much helpless.

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 1,243

It could be mind control but I’m not sure. Vigo created the hatch which the entity didn’t want to happen I don’t think so he would be an example. Unless the entity secretly wanted it to happen.

• Tyler3

I'm not sure. Vigo must certainly be somewhat powerful if he can do things like that. Maybe he will be a playable survivor one day?

• Vasyazx
    Vasyazx Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 20

Hatch seems to be under Entity control since
    It only appear once killer almost finished job
    Once hatch is closed Endgame collapse begin
    Its filled with fog

And it not allow you to leave Entity realm
    You can affect it by offerings
    So its may not even be real hatch but Enity replica of it that Enity uses to give survoirs false hope

• Vasyazx
    Vasyazx Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 20

Vigo isn't survivor  so he either truly escaped or get clapped by Entity

• angel_pellegrino
    angel_pellegrino Member Posts: 23
    edited October 10

When you look at games like Attack Of The Killer Clowns or TCM, games where you CAN harm the killer, all the killers share the same characteristics, strengths, weaknesses. You can just copy, paste the whole interaction from one killer to another. Dead By Daylight, however, has a massive list of killers who do different things and have different weaknesses according to their own personal lore. You can't kill Dracula with a shotgun, stab a xeno with a knife. Punching the unknown in the gonads probably doesn't work. I think it's more complex, with a greater probability for bugs, than DBD will ever mess with.