We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Do you feel like you have enough resources to work with as a survivor?

Aceislife
Aceislife Member Posts: 315
edited October 11 in General Discussions

I was playing Coldwind today as survivor. (Rancid Abattoir). The filler loops are horrible. They have 1 pallet, NO vaults, just a couple walls surrounding the pallets which most likely won't help the survivor in a chase, maybe with some luck while using Iron Will you'd be able to make distance with them. But the killer can force these pallets to be dropped super easily. How can I survive without using these pallets? Because when they are dropped, a big part of the map is a deadzone with nothing to work with. Has killer performance dropped so badly, or survivor performance gone up so much, that in the span of, what a few years, it was necessary to make loops and loop spawns from what they were to what they are now?

Not all maps have this problem. But some maps have a noticeable amount of god-awful pallets, and not enough vaults, in my opinion. Some maps feel like the old Shelter Woods, but back then we didn't have as unsafe pallets as today.

Post edited by Aceislife on

Comments

• Aceislife
    Aceislife Member Posts: 315
    edited October 11

I just played another match of the same map, Rancid Abattoir, and the layot was clearly stronger. I'm gonna blame it on rng this time, seems like it can differ wildly sometimes.

• buggybug
    buggybug Member Posts: 125

Nope every map is bad now, even ormond is bad. Only map survivor has a chance is the game.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,781

Depends entirely on the map. There's a huge discrepancy between the strongest and weakest maps for survivors. Coldwind in particular is pretty bad for survivor at the moment.

• Grimlet09
    Grimlet09 Member Posts: 77

i thinks its fine sometimes some maps have less resources so you gotta play difrent its ok to play difrent. :)

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,465

arbitrary, they'd replace jungle gyms with less safe tiles but add more unsafe tiles. personally, i think coldwind is kinda strong still because the pallets that are good are free time wasters. it is very rare that i don't complete like 3 gens within like first 2 chases. those maps are type of maps where killer has bad early game but stronger late game because there is not infinity resources on the map. if they added any more pallets, you'd finish all gens in like first 3-4 chases.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,501

Rancid is what I call my gen rush map. It's the only map I will make sure to spend every single spare second I have on a gen because there is nothing to work with, so the sooner you get the gens done and gates open the better. You just burn through resources and create deadzones so fast.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,152

I think the maps give survivors enough stuff to use, even if 1 corner is randomly a dead zone. That forces survivors to actually strategize, and either do the unsafe gens first, or save it for last. But because the average survivor teammate is so slow on gens, you sometimes would need like old Ormand in order to loop the killer long enough. The teammate quality kills you more than the killer does, turning maps with more than enough resources into ones that are inadequate for your purposes. That still doesn't mean that the maps should be made better for survivors. That's not the solution. The solution is to fix the matchmaking.

• CursedPerson
    CursedPerson Member Posts: 110

Unless the map has preset tiles, too often is a third of the map just a dead zone that you needed sprint burst

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,245

I hate the changes that have been made to maps. I run to a tile on Coldwind and discover a bunch of walls randomly set up and not a single pallet. I don't have a clue what I'm supposed to do with that.

The changes to the maps have been atrocious. I might put on WoO again until I have some idea of what havoc has been wrought here.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,534

Rancid Abattoir is killer sided, but Torment Creek and Cowshed are very survivor sided. Coldwind is more balanced now after the update, there's a good reason for why Coldwind was one of the most popular offerings before the reworks from survivors and that's because almost every map in that realm was very survivor sided.

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,630

It feels VERY random to me, unless it's a map without rng.

It was always been like this - connected tiles\pallets\windows with 3-4m from each other, sometimes it's just a complete dead zone for 30m after 1 tile with a pallet.

Personal verdict - Rng is Rng.