We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Let's give survivors infinite Unbreakable basekit

Ziemniaczana
Ziemniaczana Member Posts: 29
edited October 11 in General Discussions

To resolve the Slugging problem, Unbreakable basekit with infinite use is paramount.

Comments

• Eelanos
    Eelanos Member Posts: 412

Cool. Ask the devs to prevent that from happening instead of positioning yourself against a good update for 90% of the community from releasing just because you got bullied once by a (snicker)… No Mither squad.

• Valuetown
    Valuetown Member Posts: 356

If one of the most unfun things to ever grace any game ever is causing the majority of players to not want to play, I'm pretty sure anyone in that situation would nerf Skull Merchant into D tier to save the game.

• Khastrx
    Khastrx Member Posts: 156

2v8 is getting basekit Unbreakable isn't it. I know different modes and all that jazz, but will be interesting to see how player behaviour might change in that environment. All survivors being bled out just to get up and having 8 beamers burning your killer retinas...

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,759

I don't see how. If the survivor had the option to insta die after being slugged for 60 seconds, the only games its going to come into play is when the killer is downing people so quickly that they can't actually engage in gameplay. The killer was already going to win that game, this just speeds it up. It's nothing compared to the 'just die on first hook mechanic' which BHVR seems insistent on keeping in the game.

• NarkoTri1er
    NarkoTri1er Member Posts: 402

even though OP is most likely ragebaiting, basekit UB in any case is a big "no". If it ever gets released, it will be a big sign that the game is heading towards most unbalanced state where bad players are being rewarded for not even attempting to improve

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,520

As it were, things are changed because of bad actors. A few can ruin it for all.

An argument for Distortion being changed were RAT players, or those who hid all game and just wanted hatch, screwing their team, etc.

I didnt use it for that, but nevertheless, Im also punished. So it matters not if killers can pick up survivors 'within the time frame.'

This is a fun discussion!

• Garresh
    Garresh Member Posts: 50

As a killer main, I've suggested something like this for a while. After 60 seconds on the ground survivors can pick themselves up at the cost of a hook state. Would be interesting and not exploitable.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,664

What was the basekit Unbreakable that never went through? Was it unlimited self pick ups?

I like a one time base kit Unbreakable because I (hot take here) believe that slugging has the potential to open up new gameplay options if the slugging perks were updated.

So many slugging perks are so hard to use because the Killer keeps such strict accountability over Survivors. Killers don’t slug too much barring slugging for the 4k or for bleedouts.

I’d love to see slugging perks become more powerful, maybe even combined into one another. Controversially I’m not against the slugging game at all. I love how many different phases a trial can have. I’m okay that there is a “slugging” phase in the trial because I love getting value out of slugging perks. In fact as the Killer I will slug a lot to give Survivors a chance to use their slug perks if they have them. I never slug to confirm kills or to let the Survivors bleedout (in actuality I find it personally difficult deciding to end someone’s game early). It’s all bark no bite.

Idk maybe a miracle perk will come that prevents the Killer from picking you up for a certain amount of time then deactivates the rest of the match. Like a “Dead Weight” perk or something.

Case in point, the slugging game is underdeveloped on the Survivor side and has the potential to add another domain of play.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,533

Wdym "fun for killer"? Another killer main with made-up terms.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,240

Alternative idea.

If all survivors mess up and end up incapacitated by being in struggle phase or downed (with no way to get up), they instantly randomly get mori'd or killed by the entity and the round ends.

• Gastongard
    Gastongard Member Posts: 136

I wouldnt mind a ptb or a game mode where survivors could kill a killer and make him slug on the ground for 16 minutes or so, depending on the amount of survs alive.

• Gastongard
    Gastongard Member Posts: 136

well, if the killer didnt slug or tunnel that would have been a 3-4k. Except for the prove thyself and the brown toolbox they didnt have any gen perks.

• Prometheus1092
    Prometheus1092 Member Posts: 300

Yes it should benefit the killer, no different to if a killer hooks 4 players. If a killer can down all 4 how can that take 0 effort? They still have to go through the rigmarole of loops to hit the players twice each to down them. If they can achieve that they have worked for it, no different to hooking them. If everyone is on 2nd stage hook it auto sacrifice everyone it doesn't let people get unhooked for free it doesn't prolong the waiting with skill checks. Same should happen when slugged, after a certain time if all 4 (or all remaining survivors are slugged) then it should auto bleed them out. But the issue with that is many survivors want it to change in their favour rather than for the health of the game, they want yet another chance to win when they have clearly lost the match.

• smurf
    smurf Member Posts: 53

On these forums, there are a lot of discussions about winning or losing, but for me at least that's not the point with DBD. I don't know about for other people, but for me this game is about having fun.

When I play killer, I'll often (not always) give hatch because most survivor players like receiving it. I also like to avoid tunneling, camping, slugging for 4k, etc. so the other team can enjoy their match. (Obvious exception is bully squads.) And if I play a fair match and the survivors give me a 0k or a 1k, I'm usually happy with that as long as someone doesn't try to taunt in egc.

Ultimately, having your whole team slugged, or being slugged for a 4k isn't fun. Sure, for the killer, there's a little risk that survs will get picked up before all four are down, but slugging a whole team usually bypasses the need to down and hook everyone three times, making it feel like the survivor players have been cheated out of their chance to play the match. And slugging for 4k just isn't fun for either of the last two survivors. It's certainly valid to talk about winning a match, but I think fairness and enjoyment for all five players needs to be part of the discussion.

Having said that basket unbreakable could be fine in certain limited circumstances. All four players are slugged? Give unbreakable to all of them after some timeframe. Alternatively, after some amount of bleed out time, allow one recovery into the broken state, which could last until that survivor's next hook or next heal from the dying state.

• Rick1998
    Rick1998 Member Posts: 249

what are you smoking knight ?

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,427
    edited October 12

Except they don't. A bleed out does not count as a kill as far as the game is concerned. Sure, it might mean something in your KILL STREAK CHALLENGE count, but you get no points and it doesn't count as a kill in the numbers (it might mean something to MMR) but does not for Adept.

• HexAvadaKedavra
    HexAvadaKedavra Member Posts: 38
    edited October 12

How about solving the real problem and WHY killers slug?

Hooking is a bigger detriment than it is a benefit for the killer and it provides no actual incentive to do it. It's why tunneling is such a big strat because there's literally no reason to multi hook. It provides nothing. There's certain perks sure, but that's not enough. There's no default game benefits to multi hooking and multi hooking only makes the game easier to lose.

• Bookern
    Bookern Member Posts: 319
  • Senile_Grandpa
    Senile_Grandpa Member Posts: 21

As respectful as I can be; no.

I bring my anti-slug perks and it does its job. No need for another basekit.

• Bookern

itll just be the new going next on hook 🪝 we need to take away these options not add more

• Unequalmitten86
    Unequalmitten86 Member Posts: 200

I was already told by some killer mains slugging is the new meta.

I don't agree basekit unbreakable but maybe something like if there is 2 players left then it kicks in. Problem is with many players leaving due to playstyles and such you are left with bullies and hackers mostly. This should not be given freely and needs to apply to certain situations.

I started playing more killer lately and man these survivors are awful.

• Bookern

the 2 left wouldnt work since it directly breaks Devs new basekit mori system which encourages slugging the last to so they wouldn't add it realistically they can only allow self pickup to prevent 4 man slugging extremes

• Unequalmitten86
    Unequalmitten86 Member Posts: 200

I figured that. It's just the toxic game play on both sides is really out of control and it needs to stop.

• Xxjwaynexx
    Xxjwaynexx Member Posts: 317

Lmao not bullied( I run Perkless every match for the shiggles) my guy just giving insight how it could be used among the survivors to make the killers life hell (a singular time is hilarious as well I have plenty of these squads that just happened to be the most recent). I invite bully squads if we're being honest it's more engaging than the gen jockies. 90 percent of the survivor community needs base kit unbreakable to be viable that's very Interesting. You did get something right though no mither is your answer don't want to be slugged run it, otherwise don't whine about being slugged. Even better how about not getting bullied by the killer and not losing chase twice to be slugged in the first place (see how idiotic this sounds). Thing is anything base kit like infinite unbreakable, DH 8 second ds will be weaponized more so than not. Just like this base kit mori which actually promotes slugging for a 4k.

• smurf
    smurf Member Posts: 53

I agree that basekit UB will get abused unless it's only applying in very specific situations. And even then, bully squads find ways to optimize every mechanic they can to be annoying the killer. Also agreed about them not really being a problem since most bully squads don't do enough gens. But if they bring one dedicated gen jockey, and make their plays right, they can make the game unenjoyable for the killer.

Also also agreed that basekit endgame mori wasn't thought through; it definitely incentives slugging for 4k, which much of the community funds either annoying or toxic.