We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Undocumented survivor hitbox change

Since the new patch survivors seem to be missing the hitbox on their back which is messing with muscle memory on max range lunges and numerous projectile attacks by making them not connect. Can the devs confirm if that's intended or a bug?

Comments

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,881

Agreed as survivor, and as killer I'm not having any issues.

• mysticalCat
    mysticalCat Member Posts: 31

yup, it’s a desync server issue. I reported it under the bug reporting forums but since i don’t have video evidence bc I don’t have the time to upload to a usb, then to a computer, then email it, then submit it to them they declined it and closed it. Oh well. But yeah it’s happening on both sides. Sorry I don’t have a PC and can just submit videos fast. Every bug report should be looked into even without a video as evidence. Some of us can’t afford the tools to get it to them! Thanks for bringing the issue up again, hopefully something will be done. It’s not fun on either side at all

• n000b51
    n000b51 Member Posts: 689
    edited October 12

Ping & latency 'issue' from both sides I guess (as you can notice it very often the red bar in the waiting lobby & by pressing 'Esc' key at the start of the game when the cam rotates around your character).
    A lot of players experienced the same thing recently & I've read some topics about that.

• buggybug
    buggybug Member Posts: 125
    edited October 12

Am always getting underserved hits fine as either side in fact even more, even if a survivor medium and was 2 inches from window already on the opposite side, it still counted as a hit and this has been since they fix female survivors smaller vaults compared to males and now fast vaults are trash for another 10 years.

• H2H
    H2H Member Posts: 726

It is extremely fun and good and not at all frustrating as a killer to watch my weapon clip through a survivor's model and still not get the hit.

• JustAShadow
    JustAShadow Member Posts: 174

Yeah, I tried playing survivor and I get hit from borderline coup de grace distances. A similar thing happened before around 2020 when survivor was literally unplayable for a week or two due to massive desync issues. Now both sides get hard desynced so the game is unplayable as a whole.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,538

Yeah, it's issue on both sides. From killer POV hitbox feels further than before, but on survivors killers hit your from 5 meters sometimes.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,061

it pretty noticeable on both sides but i think survivors damn near unplayable. You get hit from Jupiter all game.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,667

You get hit from Jupiter all game.

🤣🤣🤣 It’s hard not to hyperventilate.

Why did you stop at Jupiter? Was Neptune too far? LMAO

• solarjin1
    edited October 12

LoLol just felt like the appropriate one to pick @herlnfernal

The games we had a few days ago was so relax and normal. Went on survivor yesterday and it was damn near nightmare fuel. Blights moving with the hit box of the sun around them, huntress hitting me behind walls, and my favorite vaccum wesker dashes when I'm 5 meters around the corner. I was screaming "WHAT" almost every match at some point

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,667
    edited October 12

Seriously! The Survivor games since the update have felt more difficult than usual.

My last Survivor game I was somehow double tapped by a power and m1 before shack window but yet I still made the vault and was dying on the other side.

I wonder if it is hitbox, latency, or both.

Post edited by HerInfernalMajesty on
  • solarjin1

let be real... u probably deserve it @HerInfernalMajesty for all the survivors u been killing lately. Fernal blood thirsty killer in disguise as a wholesome forum user.

• mysticalCat
    mysticalCat Member Posts: 31

yeah just played a match and the killer had 480 ping then next thing you know back down to 60 ping. Something is seriously wrong and for no one to say anything about this issue it doesn’t feel fitting to play. At least until this is fixed. I get it’s called dead by daylight but these hit boxes are so atrocious. Fix your game please so the peasants can have a more enjoyable game experience. But I see why it’s not talked about much here, as most of you are killer mains and are happy. But it happens on both ends ! Killers whiffing and survivors getting hit from miles away.