Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Game crashing apparently because of a character

Trakengs
Trakengs Member Posts: 4
edited October 13 in Bug Reporting

SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE: Game crashing

PLATFORM: PC Steam

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW THE ISSUE OCCURED: tried loading into a match as Claudette then my game crashed. Has happened A LOT of times now. And yes I have send the crash reports.

Video showing it happening: https://youtu.be/ZZ8tXGt7JuM

PLAYER LOGS: I play on Geforce Now so i can't access the game files

UPDATE: Apperently is Lara Croft that crash the game.

Post edited by BoxGhost on
4 votes

Declined · Last Updated

This looks like a technical issue, if you still require assistance please ask other forum users in the Ask the Community sub section as we do not offer technical support on this forum. We suggest that you contact our support here: https://www.bhvr.com/contact-us-2/

Comments

• WheatLion
    WheatLion Member Posts: 2

same problem
    but bhvr mark as  technical issue and doesn't give any help

• rowlent
    rowlent Member Posts: 16

I had the same/similar issue.
    I was playing as Legion a few hours after the tome went live and played without any problems. Then, at night, I played again but change the outfit (default Frank's outfit but with prestige weapon) and the game crashed while loading the game/map. It happened twice, in both times there was a Soma Cruz character. The third time I changed to the one used before (the Dropout Frank) and played without problems (no Soma Cruz in the lobby).

(Not related: In that 3rd match my game closed because of a connection issue. I play on Geforce Now too.)

• Stugots
    Stugots Member Posts: 6
    edited October 12

Same problem.. I play with GFN, EU central server, I keep crashing no matter which characters other players are using..

I play only surv, if i use Lara Croft, the game keep crasing, trying another character the game don't crash.

Post edited by Stugots on
  • rowlent

@Trakengs @Stugots
    Since you both play on GFN too, could you try what I did in the video? (Only if you own Trevor Belmont)
    Steps:
    1- Select Trevor as survivor.
    2- Go to killer lobby.
    3- Open the killer select menu.
    4- Scroll between killers.
    5- Close the killer select menu.

I tried it with other survivor instead of Trevor and the game doesn't crash but still crashes while loading a match.

I verified the integrity of game files, but the game still crashes. I will send a ticket to GFN just in case (but I believe is a problem with the game as well).

• rowlent

And this is the crash report:

Fatal error: [File:D:\Jenkins\Fudge_REL\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\Serialization\AsyncLoading2.cpp] [Line: 1648]
    ObjectSerializationError: /S44/Blueprints/Actors/BP_CamperMale22_Character (0x29C049C609F49FDA) /S44/Blueprints/Actors/BP_CamperMale22_Character (0x29C049C609F49FDA) - BP_CamperMale22_Character_C /S44/Blueprints/Actors/BP_CamperMale22_Character.Default__BP_CamperMale22_Character_C: Bad export index 4980735/95.

0x00007ff7aaac023e DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff7aaab7671 DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff7aabb949c DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff7aaae2b14 DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff7aaadfed8 DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff7acad4043 DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff7aaabb3e7 DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff7aaabc72b DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff7aaabd657 DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff7aaac3483 DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff7aaac6e27 DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff7aaa34d27 DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff7aaa2ed01 DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff9a3a6257d KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []
    0x00007ff9a522af28 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []

Crash in runnable thread FAsyncLoadingThread

• Trakengs
    Trakengs Member Posts: 4

WOW your case is even worse! just scrolling trough killer crashes. i dont have trevor so i can't really test this.

lets just hope BH see this and fix it

This discussion has been closed.