We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

WGLF is absolutely stupid now

fussy
fussy Member Posts: 1,535

It's basicly FTP+BU situation all over again, but with extra step.
So, you downed a survivor, see/hear flashlight saver, go give him a hit, come back in few seconds and see how survivor is already up and run worried about absolutely nothing, because "hey, I can run 40 meters with endurance". I had it 4 times for 3 hours playing session and I'm better go back to old FTP+BU than this, because at least one survivor sacrificed health state for that. And WGLF simply obligated me to pick up survivor no matter what, if I dare to stop saver, survivor will be on his legs in like 5 seconds.
Either healing speed or endurance should gone. Or maybe bring back tokens to earn Endurance at least.

Comments

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 1,092

I've not seen it as killer but had it done to me a couple times as survivor. It's pretty good.

• KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 790

Oh that was WGLF, I was so confused how I can chase someone away and the slug was already up and had endurance as I hit him. I guessed it was a medkit and soulguard or something xD

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 3,116

I must admit, I did feel like the removal of the condition was plenty of a buff for this perk… 150% felt kinda unnecessary as a change.

• Aceislife
    Aceislife Member Posts: 315
    edited October 14

But it's not like For The People in the slightest, the survivor still has to heal the downed survivor. So they can't pick them up while you're on cooldown after hitting them.

• SolidRazo
    SolidRazo Member Posts: 111

Not at all, the combo is similar to buckle up + for the people but NOT the same

It’s a fair trade

Survivors can’t heal the downed survivor instantly like FTP which is good for killers and WGLF doesn’t make you broken like FTP which is good for survivors, all and all sounds balanced to me

If you incorporate FTP then you just wasted 3 perk slots for one specific situation

• fussy

I'm okay with people who take 3 perks to create some strong situation for them. I'm not okay with 1 perk removes any option for killer.

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 665

The crazy part about it is that WGLF was a good perk before, it was just not used so often because many players hate conditions, not free, when it's situational, or difficult for SoloQ. Now, it is in an awkward spot: still akward to use in SoloQ but really strong in SWF due to being much simpler than before. I tried it in SoloQ and there it is sometimes difficult to use because your teammates don't know that you have it. In SWF, however, easy to use and the Endurance teammate can even take a hit to make it more disgusting. It is also that type of perk that won't be used that much because only the experience/brave survivors know the value and have the game sense to use it right/going for the pick up. But when you face it, it will feel so stupid - kinda like when you chase a survivor for the first time in the match and that one pops a Syringe.

I think the perk should get a change and either removing the Endurance or the faster pickup speed. This perk does so much in just one perkslot which is never good. Also Endurance is a really strong effect and players love to abuse it for stupid situations like taking the hit or bodyblocking. Therefore, I lean more to remove the Endurance effect because then the Perk can be better paired with other perks like the new buckle up (why should you use this perk when you have WGLF that has two effects in one and Endurance is much stronger) and it doesn't create these "Endurance take the hit" situation.

• vol4r
    vol4r Member Posts: 251

You can't really be serious XD wglf and ways to combine them with other perks are almost the only ways to fight slugging for now.

If you pick up surviviors, those perks are useless anyway.

Don't play for slug if that's so problematic.

I see no way to nerf those perks until surviviors get reliable way to fight slugging with basekit.

Btw you are really gonna cry about surviviors using whole build for 1 particular killer game style?

• vol4r
    vol4r Member Posts: 251

They can - but endurance gets only person who got picked up. Killer can down immidiately person who picked the slug down.

Which is A TRADE. You still get person downed with also one health state less.

Killer is getting value, just can't hit person who got picked up.

• Aceislife
    Aceislife Member Posts: 315
    edited October 15

My point was that with FTP they could instantly pick the downed survivor after they went down before killer could even react.

• fussy

The crazy part about it is that WGLF was a good perk before, it was just not used so often

It's my issue with some buffs on survivor side: they buff sometimes already good perks only because of low pick rate. But some perks always will be less desirable until you overbuff them to WGLF state, simply because some of them too situational, or less viable for soloq, or required to do something to have effect (people obviously choose free things more often) etc.
    Backgorund Player was perfectly fine perk on release, for example. Then we overbuffed it in on direction, and then in another.
    Resurgence was completely fine perk before, pretty popular in comp. I don't think it op now, but definately on of the best perks on survivor side. Still will be underrated btw.
    Iron Will, I won't even write a letter here, I know your opinion on it. But at least we have Generic Limits now.
    Any Means Necessary, my favourite perk for several years now. Was completely fine before, now it's one of the best perks for soloq. 45th place on NL still, lol. I guess we need to give this perk ability to build up broken pallet on top of extreme amount of info and resources reset, so survivors will be happy with it?
    There are a lot of weak perks, yeah, but there are also a lot of actually strong and underrated perks in the shadow, which don't need any buffs. And WGLF one of these perks.

Therefore, I lean more to remove the Endurance effect

Same, I think it maybe can be buffed even to 175-200% with no Endurance, so it will be even better anti-slugging perk, which won't remove any counterplay from killer, if people try to abuse it. Or at least it should have earnable stacks again, so it won't be THAT free.

It's always fun to see people didn't bother to even read the post, but always sure I should bother about reading their comment.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,781
    edited 5:57PM

After seeing this in action on both sides for the last week or so, I'm inclined to agree. I'm all for having strong anti-slug perks for survivor, but this does far more than just that and creates too many lose-lose scenarios. If you can down someone, scare away a would-be flashlight/pallet rescuer and meanwhile the survivor is back up seconds later AND has Endurance, that's not right. Especially if you throw MFT on the healer too which is what I've been seeing a lot on both sides. There's too many situations here where there is just no correct play for the killer to make. I did it myself as survivor for multiple games to see what I could do with it and it was insane, and I've been on the receiving end of it too.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not really sure which is more problematic, whether it's the endurance not having to be activated anymore or if it's 150% heal speed being too much. Or if it's both (and/or is the MFT combo also giving endurance to the healer the real problem? I don't know.) But something needs to change here.

• fussy

Yep, I didn't have opportunity to test it on PTB at this time, but I had a feeling that this change will be slightly too much. Turned out not even slightly. We tested it in duo and it already felt stupid, but then we went in trio with BP, WGLF and MFT and holy… killer just have no options at all. Slug and chase saver? Who cares, in few seconds person on the ground will be on the legs anyway and even can take a hit for. Pick up survivor? You will be stunned or blinded. Stay on top of survivor and try to bleed out? Haha bing-bong Endurance on me and on him. 1 person just do gens while you keep deny killer's chases with almost no input and risk. It's not anti-slugging perk now, it's anti-hooking perk at this state.