We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Is Self Care + Botany Knowledge worth it?

Pretty much the title. I never run SC so I was wondering if this combo actually makes it worth running? The only other self healing perks I would consider running are things like Inner Strength or Second Wind, so would these be better?

Comments

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,247

I run it because in solo queue I can't count on my teammates to heal me. SC has often been the difference between me living and me dying. Plus, Botany Knowledge on its own is pretty great, the faster healing sure does feel good and it counters Sloppy Butcher. In Lights Out, healing felt unbearably slow since I couldn't have Botany.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,781
    edited October 14

It takes about 30 seconds to heal with that. It's a little slower than a medkit but it is infinite. Given that and you also get 50% bonus healing speed when healing others, it's actually pretty good, but you do have to use 2 perks to get that so depending on your playstyle and the rest of your build, other options could be better. The main advantage of SC is it has no prerequisite, it just works.

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 1,035

with the way the game is, and before the buff to Jill’s perk that heals you up part way when unhooked, I’ve found Botany+SC to be a much more dependable mechanic than trying to get a team mate to heal. Yes it’s slower than someone else healing but when many killers just come back to the hook it’s more worthwhile them hopping on a gen and you going to a safer spot to heal. I don’t use the combo currently but I have before - pairing it with bite the bullet is also a nice little combo as it bamboozles killers quite a bit. Initially they can hear your cries of pain but if you drop line of sight and start to heal you essentially disappear and, often, they wonder off thinking you’ve ran away. It’s much more effective than iron will as killers will realise instantly if you’re using it or not.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 3,116
    edited October 14

I like Strength is Shadows from Sable for this build, cause it actually works out to be 105% heal speed, so barring the time to run to basement, it's faster than being healed by a teammate, and you get an aura read on the killer too.

It's usually better than using Self Care since you usually have to run to somewhere safe with Self Care as well, and then take the 30s heal. However the 15s you save on SiS, not only does it often net better time efficiency, it lets you know where to go afterwards, regardless of if you want to do gens or support a teammate.

Unless the killer figures out you have it, they will usually not check basement due to the time investment required. Or at least, not check it in time.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,292
    edited October 14

Overzealous+Inner Healing and a map w/ totem tracking add on. Do totem. Do gens faster. Heal in locker when you need to.

SC/Botany can be ok, but it's 2 perks to spend the longest possible time healing in a trial. You could bring a medkit or other healing combos.

• Aceislife
    Aceislife Member Posts: 315

Sables self-healing perk is better, use that instead.

• KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 790

How do you get 30 seconds as result with that? You heal with 85% so 0,85 charges per second, that results to around 19 seconds? xD

Nothing against you, I'm just trying to find out if the math is different on heals than on gens, because with the gen one it would be around 19.

• Autharia
    Autharia Member Posts: 94
    edited October 14

The healing buff From Botany is more of a %buff then an additive buff like items in this case. So the .35cs from SC becomes .52cs as 50% of .35 is .17. and .52 end us up being 16.12cs in 31 seconds.

The picture is also the end of a 50 second clip of the heal going in real time.

• KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 790

Why can't they just be consistent for once, that's so complicated and makes it so much worse xD

Well thank you for explaining it to me, have a nice day! :D

• poinepp
    poinepp Member Posts: 191
    edited October 14

Its bearable with desparete measures actually

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 876
    edited October 14

I'm a big fan of this combo. So many times it's come in clutch for me. It's great for those games when your teammates don't heal you and if they do then happy days, Botany is still a great perk to bring along to help the team.You can use it to finish off your heals if the Killer interrupts your teammate healing you. You can use it to heal up in end game and make a run for the gate. Plus, the Killer can't bring Franklin's to counter it like that big red medkit you brought that they can spot a mile away when you're busy hiding in a bush.

I thought maybe Sable's perk might replace it but in the end I got fed up spending time looking for the basement. If I could buff Strength In Shadows, it would be to show the aura of the basement whenever you're injured.

• SipSipSip
    SipSipSip Member Posts: 19

I run it with new WGLF and MFT for faster pickups on slugs and another endurance hit

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,825

I'd recommend Reactive Healing instead

Getting 75% healing from one teammate plus about 225 survival points for free is pretty nice

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,622

As others have said, Strength in Shadows is considerably better for this build, since travel time is always a factor and SiS works out significantly faster once you actually start the heal.

That being said, I do consider Self Care to be viable with Botany, but only barely. 30 seconds is slightly longer than a medkit, but it's infinite- that's not a terrible combo, especially since you heal others faster and it's pretty flexible on where you get to use it. It's pretty fragile as a combo, though, it's extremely susceptible to any form of anti-heal the killer might have, since any slowdown on top of the already tenuous 30 second heal can make the overall time investment just flat out too long.

If you're looking for self-heal combos, I'm going to echo something one other person said here: Overzealous and Inner Strength with a Map. Repair speed and heals, on top of being primed to stop any hexes you see in their tracks. This build is great, I run it all the time myself.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,248

I Havw been running Botany and Strength in Shadows for a while for pretty consistent and fast basement heals, sometimes for fun coupled with bite the bullet, but that's a lot of perks for one good trick, and sometimes the basement is so far out there...

Still, I like this combo more then self-care, because self-care has this stigma attached to itself. At least Strength in Shadows can be really fast and consistently good, if the basement is in main.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,248

Or the old, but gold Houdini build:

Overcome, Lucky Break, Inner Strength, Quick and Quiet.

It can be really fun, you just need to find a dull totem and cleanse it, then when the killer injures you, zoooooooom off to another continent, jump into a locker and heal up in no time.