We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Rework/Nerfing Distortion Ruined the game

With distortion existing killers weren't spamming aura perks. you would see maybe 1 that's it.

Now all killers are spamming them. it's 2-3 per game because they know no ones using distortion.

I couldn't care less IF PRO SWF COMM SURVIVORS DESTROY KILLERS. AVERAGE MMR AND SOLO Q are TERRIBLE ATM.

Several Aura perks have litteraly no counter like nowhere to hide(unless you hide in a locker, but killers usually check lockers near gens) . And darkness reveal works any time you want. Survivor can't even get hatch.

Solo q always was bad and for some reason is never improved.

Comments

• mysticalCat
    mysticalCat Member Posts: 31
    edited October 13

I would rather gen perks tbh, more flash bangs to crash the game jk but more flash bangs for saves or at least attempts 😭🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 but hey they keep spamming all these aura perks they will get nerfed eventually too. So keep using them that’s fine by me.

• Skillfulstone
    Skillfulstone Member Posts: 740

Yeah...you might wanna read the whole post.

I mention that this fixed nothing. Killing Distortion won't change how rats play.

Cowards who hide all match and don't do gens are a detriment to their team. Survivors don't like being in a 3v1 from the get-go and one Survivor always hiding means higher chances of tunnelling (if it wasn't rampant enough).

It's true that many Killer players didn't like Distortion, but just as many Survivor players went berserk when they died and a Distortion user survived, whether the Distortion user hid all match or did half the gens by himself didn't matter.

• vBlossom_
    vBlossom_ Member Posts: 395

But still, aura perks only make finding survivor easier, they don't secure chase to be won.

Survivors don't know that their aura is revealed (Weave is an exception), so they may be crouching nearby and in case of Nowhere to Hide it almost always guarantees free hit.

• NarkoTri1er
    NarkoTri1er Member Posts: 402

this is why i always vouched for NTH nerf. It's a braindead aura reading perk, especially on Nurse and with the fact that aura reading radius moves together with the killer

• francesinhalover
    francesinhalover Member Posts: 50

Love the passive agressive nature. I always check killer loadouts. And i don't use distortion for months now. The thing is it was fine. Now it's all aura spam.

• francesinhalover
    edited October 13

This post isn't about distortion users being affected. is about everyone. reread.

• francesinhalover

YES PLEASE PLEASEEEE spam gen regresss at least game is playable.

• HexAvadaKedavra
    HexAvadaKedavra Member Posts: 38

It didn't counter an entire sub section of killer perks because getting tokens was hilariously easy. You could have at least one token permanently all game, it was not difficult at all.

And people played that game before with just BBQ and Chilli because people weren't spamming distortion so BBQ and Chilli would still work.

• NarkoTri1er
    NarkoTri1er Member Posts: 402

i was an avid aura reading user until a year ago, NTH and Lethal Pursuer never got out of my builds. The thing is, i realized i'm crutching on those perks and that i need to get rid of them. Not only regards those or aura perks in general, but regards general kind of gameplay on both sides. I don't want to rely on anything that is truly overpowered and let it carry my matches without my skill being involved. Same with Distortion.

I don't hate anyone, i'm just stating how some perks can play heavily with your mind and literally hold you back from improving as a player and even finding more fun in the game.

I can't even describe how great it felt when i managed to finally build game sense as the killer and knew where i should be at specific moments of the match. Or when i first managed to screw up a killer trying to tunnel me, even though i died at the end, watching all 3 of my teammates getting out thanks to me wasting so much of killer's time was the moment i was proud of.

With crutches you will never truly achieve that state of mind, you will forever remain in cage called "comfort zone" as you get screwed many times purely thanks to relying on crutches, what leads to "everyone is to blame except me" moments

• Rick1998
    Rick1998 Member Posts: 249

some survivors would run a full " screw my team i want to escape build " . Something like distorsion , left behind , sole survivor and wake up . Distorsion made it easy for the killer to focus on only 2 survivors and many times made it the only choice for the killer. How can they chase someone else they can't find ?
    the best way to win is spreading the hooks against your team . You see someone on death hook ? ( go and literally throw yourself at the killer because winning a 3v1 is barelly possible). However distorsion allowed on played to neber get hooked or even seen the entire match . That is the complaint survivors had about it and it is very valid.

• francesinhalover

YEAH no. Spam all the gen regress you want. at least people can still play the game. Woth aura reading spam people cant even reach a gen to do anything.

You need a good looper. Something teams don't have most of the time.

So you just get fed to the killer.

• francesinhalover

Idk man. the mmr where i play at survivors last 10 seconds in chases.

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 665

The game is still playable. I played a lot of matches without and with aura reading perks on different killers and there were only one player that complained about my FTTE aura reading-wallhacking-cheating perk. Otherwise, players don't really care.

I guess aura perks are rather a personal problem and not a metagame issue. You don't like them which is okay but they are not a metagame issue and therefore don't ruin the game like other perks did.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,465

the killer will not chase any survivors. they'll use an aura perk like nowhere to hide and just kick gens until they find person on death hook or closer to hook. it does make sense if you play killer efficiently. distortion would allow survivor to hide themselves from aura perks so that they are not chased.

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 1,092

The killer in this hypothetical is roaming around, not taking chase until they find someone with hook states. That's not tunneling. If they were tunneling they never would have lost contact with the person they want out of the game. In your scenario the other survivors are just doing all the gens while the killer aimlessly roams around in the hope they find the person they want.

• buggybug
    buggybug Member Posts: 125

Seems you never gotten a billy with lethal before then, they will have you beg to differ..

• buggybug
    edited October 14

I do because if a killer is bad at catching loopers and sadly worst if all 4 survivors know how to loop the gen perks cant do anything at that point, I know this cause sometimes I do get those crack teams who can loop and my 4 gen perks become 0 value, but as a put on weaves + franklins am getting downs easily, specially cause they get greedy and wanna go pick up the item to not lose its charges. Besides tool boxes I admit are still busted and survivors have so much gen rush perks, hey you dont even need gen perks either, if two survivors go on a gen together that still makes them fast. Yes gimmie the gen slow downs, it also means more bp gain the longer gens are being worked on sad that some survivors wierdly do complain about 4 gen slow down.

• Devil_hit11

there is two types of tunneling in the game. soft-tunneling and hard-tunneling. hard-tunneling is tunneling that is often done after a hook save or after a slug save. soft-tunneling is selectively hooking people and ignoring everyone else. Distortion protected survivor against Soft-tunneling which would often force the killer to spread hook inefficiently and lose because they can't find right people due to their aura perks being blocked.

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 1,092

Reckon we disagree. I don't think "soft tunneling" is a thing at all. Moreover current distortion will protect you from this as well.

• buggybug

Touch down brother because even with no distortion teams I see tunneling, even the so call bbq chili that is claim to be healthy they use it to tunnel along with anything that reveals aura example a killer chasing a person but see someone with nurses healing (when they just got off the hook)what do they do, down them again) and hook them. Common thing with pyramid heads or very same bbq and chill I see people beeline right back to the person who just got off hook and down them again after they catch someone else.

There aint no such thing as soft tunneling or hard tunneling, tunneling is tunneling period( I know its not you that said it). Finally yes your point is on spot even 0 distortion team always seem to have that one person with 0 hooks hiding and never doing anything. I had this experience in like 190 out of 200 matches from a 13 hour stream lol. Killers will always claim tunneling is cause of distortion/gen slow down nerf when they always been tunneling when gen regression pandemic was happening its so old and silly hearing the same thing over and over 😑

• Devil_hit11

exactly. it isn't worth it which is why killer will tunnel because chasing fresh hook has no value. the strength in aura perks is being able to find survivors that you want and ignore the survivors you don't want. that is what makes distortion really good. if a killer doesn't realize that you have distortion, they may attempt to hook you. chase another person and than attempt to use an aura perk to find you but than realize that they can't find that survivor so they just waste time hooking someone that they can't find to kill them while doing gens in background. this forces killer spread hooks and have some hook will become wasted time sinks.

Your argument's really just an excuse to explain why killers dont hook all 4 survivors equally, which even in a perfect world they would never do.

right, but if survivor play stealthy, survivor can force you to hook survivors more equally because killer physically cannot find anyone other than fresh hook people and if they attempt to use a perk to find other players…. it is blocked by distortion. What killer usually do against this type of hide & seek gameplay is they hard-tunnel off hook. you can't hide & seek if a killer is proxy camping hooks and than hard-tunneling you out of the game. in any case, distortion has already been nerfed. it is no longer good for this tactical spread-hook gameplay. it is more of chasing perk to block aura reading in chase.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,666

Jeff went from being a calm, quiet observer to being in on the action. Idk it’s weird he has a perk that goes against what I thought his character was about.

• Senaxu
    Senaxu Member Posts: 211

The real advantage of nerfing distortion is that it is now even harder to see whether someone is using a wallhack or not. In such a cheater-friendly game where more and more modifiers like speed inc perks aura reading and etc are added, this is another nice addition.