We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Hooks should work like cages

Yeah I know, Cages exist so that they are differents from hooks

But being able to get unhooked and not get tunneled to death at 5 gens.

Damn, that would be an improvement, because you can get all the perks you want.

If you are against a ranged killer, even if you have endurance pallets etc, your chance of surviving are pretty low after being unhooked against a tunneler

Comments

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 1,007

No no. I absolutely agree, but to an extent. They needs to finally get rid of hooks, after 9years of this system. It needs to become Entity's Cages. And this'll solve Killer Facecamping. If they even proxy camp a certain meter away they should move away like Pyramid Head's cages do. And also, unhooks that are actually done safely gives both endurance. But if the killer justcaged them, it has a timer so that killer is given time to leave before Survivors go for a rushed unsafe save. A proper time to uncagimg this make mates go do something more then rush save. Preventing tunneling way better than the system now is.

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 1,007

Ngl, honestly. Every idea as of late by bhvr is bad. And gets exploited just as bad

• This content has been removed.
  • Bookern
    Bookern Member Posts: 319

one of the common massive complaints in 2v8 is killers can easily still find you and your cage location and tunnel you

• HommeBizarre
    HommeBizarre Member Posts: 419

Yeah but at least, they have to find. And if they find and camp, they have to find again

• Autharia
    Autharia Member Posts: 95

2v8 also had 2 killers so finding a cage was much easier.

• Bookern
  • Bookern

but the maps were Double the size if you add it to regular matches the outcome is the same

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,802

I'd like to see not having a loud noice notification & bubble going off when the save happens tested out. My gut says that change alone would cut down on direct tunneling off the hook. But it needs testing.

• devoutartist
    devoutartist Member Posts: 123

flash saves are coming back in the new 2v8 so that's not a issue sabotage is useless for the most part because of hook density the hooking skill ceiling has ben removed a long time ago and is a useless mechanic that's holding the game back tbh

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,694

TO an extent, I agree.

I don't want them activating perks on either side, but survs absolutely need to 10 secs of endurance. It's absurd they don't.

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,630
    edited October 15

For as long as I'm as a killer able to pick up and carry survivors - I'm ok with it. Don't remove this ever.

If it's going to be exactly like in 2v8 - I'm highly against it.

Killers have pick up and carry animation, survivors have a flashlight saves and pallet stuns - never remove it from the game.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 883

I'm not 100% sure I agree. Hooks and generators are how you find new targets and build pressure. Caging survivors randomly Dampens your pressure a bit as there are 3 MIA survivors and who knows where they are going (well, sort of...we all know cage spawn logic at this point)

Cages would kill basement viability and dead zone hooks. Plenty of times that mean hook spot is all you have to ever work with

• AssortedSorting
    AssortedSorting Member Posts: 1,126
    edited October 15

As a former Pyramid Head main (now Drac), that's not as useful as you think:

The survivor is now instantly put at an edge of the map away from the Killer

• This system is somewhat predictable: you know they will always try to spawn as far as possible away from you, so you can get a general idea of where the caged survivor now is, the ever shrinking sizes of the maps doesn't help with this.
    • At the start of the match this can be beneficial to the Killer as they could run across the survivor as they patrol generators.
    • Flashlight saves, pallet saves, the struggle phase, is now gone, and there's less interaction between the Killer and survivors.
    • The Killer is now much more time-efficient as the time that other survivors might have spent on gens while the Killer carried a survivor to hook is now replaced by the Killer patrolling or actively entering a chase

The survivor is moved if the Killer gets too close

• The Killer can try to force hook stages by repeatedly patrolling around the map and moving the caged survivors cage.
    • Survivors can now actually waste time moving to perform a rescue if the killer moves the cage, as that distance travelled must now go across the map if there are no other survivors there.

Now, what it does do successfully is make the Survivors position more unknown to the Killer initially, so the Killer can't utilize that information to position themselves to tunnel or intercept.

However, the system that does so is somewhat predictable, and once the Killer figures out the survivors location after some patrolling, it once again becomes a scenario where the Killer knows where the Hooked survivor is with certainty.

What needs to happen in some form, is the creation of Schrödinger's Hook: The survivor both is, and isn't, hooked at a given spot. And the Killer can't be certain where the Survivor is until they're unhooked. Ideally allowing the Killer to influence the scenario based on their own placement of the hooked survivor and their movement.

• coldflame
    coldflame Member Posts: 14
    edited October 15

contesting unhooks is part of the game

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,693

We tried this in 2v8 and it didn't do anything to deter tunneling. You can pretty easily figure out where the cage is going to spawn and just go straight for it. Which is what happened in even a limited time mode.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,447

selecting where the hook is a big part of building pressure as a killer.

• Sandt1985
    Sandt1985 Member Posts: 328

Wouldn't that just guarantee all hooked survivors a free unhook and heal? (otherwise known as a reset)

• HommeBizarre
    HommeBizarre Member Posts: 419

During the halloween event, hooking a survivor on a hook in the void teleports him on the main map

They could do something similar

• DeBecker
    DeBecker Member Posts: 156

Cages are much worse than hooks for survivors, but hey.

• poinepp
    poinepp Member Posts: 191

they would need to rework tons of perks related to hooks tho