We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Mori is toxic and you ready to talk abt it

2»

Comments

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,247

Thanks! Nice to see you, too :)

My favorite mori is Pyramid Head

Pyramid Head is definitely one of the best moris in the game. Pinhead, too.

Your problem seems to be an overtly identification with your ingame avatar

Exactly. Talking to OP, their problem seems to be a combination of that— taking things that happen in the game too personally—and also not liking that moris change the gameplay loop. The ability to deny the third hook is gone, so survivors need to adapt and throw their resources into denying the first two hooks. OP gave examples of dying to moris against seemingly friendly killers, which becomes a matter of perspective (the killer let me get some points before killing me vs the killer pretended he was going to let me go and then killed me) and/or survivors not keeping their guards up when they should.

I know it's hard for people not to take things personally, it is natural, but as an elimination game everything in DbD is going to feel like a personal attack if someone lets it affect them. In some cases, perhaps the player needs to stop choosing a character they identify with and choose a character who is wildly different, maybe that would help some people create distance between themselves and what happens in the game.

• smurf
    smurf Member Posts: 53

I think you and akuma might be onto something. Personally, I know that part of the fun of gaming for me is investing a bit of myself into my character. But like with all things, there are extremes that need to be avoided to enjoy the experience. On the one hand, a full divestment of my identification with the character would make gaming feel less fun for me. But the other side of that would be that full investment could lead to too much of a feeling of victimization if something bad is done to the character.

Personally, I cringe a bit when a match finishes for me with a mori. Maybe a part of that comes from the extent of involvement I maintain with my character.

I do also think that for me, part of that feeling also comes from watching gore when it seems there's no need for it (in the sense that there's no horror left for me at the end of the match). That's kind of like the difference between watching TCM and Hostel. In Hostel, the gore barely felt like it had a purpose to me, and I wondered why I watched the film. But in TCM and other really gory films, I really liked the way it changed the depth of the horror and the impact it gave to whether the characters survive.

There's also a discussion to be had about the game mechanics and implications of the finisher mori (e.g. does it incentivise slugging for 4k and other behaviors to get to the mori)? But this response is really long already. Anyway, well said, both of you :D

• lykathelonewolf
    lykathelonewolf Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 4

My Main Issue of Mori in general is that counter decisive strike

• Zuiphrode
    Zuiphrode Member Posts: 10

The killer is not there to make you have fun or feel respected, he is there to kill you. Your entire post can be summed up as "being mori'd makes me salty".