Understanding the NOED Problem

What do you think is the biggest problem with NOED? Or do you think its fine as it is? Don't start attacking each other in the comments, but please discuss. I would like to know other people's opinions.

Comments

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I find it fine as is.☺️

• Free_Hugs
    Free_Hugs Member Posts: 304

NOED feels fine. It gets a kill, sometimes four.

Smart survivors will cleanse totems or just go looking for it before going for a hook save.

Bad ones... Won't.

It punishes bad play harder than most perks, but that just goes to show how often survivors can win with bad play.

• Sunstellar
    Sunstellar Member Posts: 13
  • Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148
    edited March 2019

Noed is good only combined with bbq maybe. Maybe. But totems are easy to cleanse most of the times you just need to know where they spawn. Try to play with small game at first then eventually you will know where and how totems spawn.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@Sunstellar I don’t use noed, I play both sides and don’t care when I get struck by it either.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

NOED is fine, but I don't use NOED personally just feels like it doesn't make much of a difference either all totems are cleansed or they see NOED pop up the 3 other survivors look and find it in 3 seconds not a real game changing perk tbh might allow you 1 more hook in most scenario's where I have used it at least. Adrenaline also adds to why I don't use NOED because of the simple fact of the matter 5 second speed boost that's a big rip easy to get to more loops that way and if the survivor is any good they most likely won't get hit. What I am trying to say is I feel it has enough counter play and isn't strong as people think it is.

• Lanis_
    Lanis_ Member Posts: 183

The only problem with noed is for solo survivor that can't knows how many totem left because there isn't a totem counter and wasting 5 minute of time for check all map alone is useless.

• Caretaker
    Caretaker Member Posts: 764
    edited March 2019

What problem? Do the totems. It's that easy. All totems have a set tile spawn and location where they can be. Keep track, find them, boom. If you have trouble, run Small Game. Surviving isn't so hard that you HAVE to run nothing but crazy meta perks. I run a stupid build, and do fine. With enough games with SG you learn the spawns.

If you see someone has NOED, do the totem, or get out. If all 4 are alive, and all 4 die you're just stupid. That's all there is to it. You don't HAVE to save. You do not NEED a totem counter. Stop asking for the game to play for you, it already does that enough. Just cuz a solo had a bad game doesn't mean we just gut killers/perks.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

The only problem I see is it can boost bad killers. I don't particularly like it, but I don't think it needs changed either. I wouldn't mind having a totem counter though.

• Incirion
    Incirion Member Posts: 612

NOED is perfectly fine how it is. Perfectly balanced. There's nothing wrong with it. It doesn't carry bad killers like a lot of people tend to say. The ONE extra kill you MIGHT get with NOED doesn't make that much of a difference. If you get more than one kill with NOED, then it's the survivors playing badly. Not bad killer game play. Cleanse the totems. They aren't hard to find. When NOED works one time out of ten instead of nine times out of ten, killers will stop using it. It's that simple. Stop bitching about a perk that can be removed from the game entirely in less than 2 minutes, before it even gets close to activating.

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 700

Fine as is. I just finished a game where I finished the last gen and the totem next to me lit up. Cleansed it, opened the door, and left.

Even setting that aside, the perk is easy to beat if you just cleanse totems. They give free points so I don't see a reason not to if you're not being chased, and it's pretty funny to break five totems and see NOED in the end screen. People who complain about it in my opinion are just crying because they don't wanna clean totems.

• Divinitye9
    Divinitye9 Member Posts: 392

When did noed become a problem?

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Biggest problem is i can't get my team to help negate it. If I have to do all 5, then fine, but don't message me complaining about gens going to slow.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    edited March 2019

The only problem with NOED are the survivors that complain because they can't be bothered with a little clensing or leaving as quickly as posible

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164

NOED is perfect. It's gone through several nerfs over the days and is perfect because of them. Cleanse the totems!