Completely New NOED--hear me out

HatCreature
HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

What if ''No One Escapes Death'' is changed to literally no one escapes as in after all Gens are completed the Exit Gates and Hatch are blocked off, locked, etc.

No instadown, the speed increase can be increased to 5% and the Exit switch is blocked by the Entity and the Hatch is locked/blocked and the only way to stop is to of course destroy the totem. This can still stack with Remember Me and Blood Warden as those would only go into effect after the totem is destroyed and only after the Exit is opened and someone is hooked.

It's no longer a ''reward'' it's a safety net, a one last chance, or third extra chance if you stack the other perks. Your thoughts? Also, I like NOED the way it is so you don't have to tell me the perk is fine, I agree with you I just thought this might be more ''fair'' for ''those people''.

Comments

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

It would be good but when raised before the downside was always "the killer can camp the totem".

If you had something like this you'd need like 5 totems lit with the survivors needing to take out a random 3, which wouldn't work with how totems are currently.

• Steamtastic_Vagabond
    Steamtastic_Vagabond Member Posts: 134

What if the totem had a maximum timer, or just didn’t work if the killer was close to it. This way the gates are blocked, but the town won’t be camped. Alternatively there could be one for each gate.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Did not think of that. Ok what if the totem lasted for 1 minute and every hook during that minute added 15 seconds, unless the totem was destroyed. This way the Killer now has a timer so they have to use their time effectively but the totem is still strong because they can keep stacking time by doing their Objective and hooking Survivors.

If the Killer manages to get 3 Survivors the time will eventually go out and the hatch will be available. The Killer could camp the hatch of course but that's a different argument.

Actually never mind, this new effect makes it better than Remember and Blood Warden because it then has the same effect as Blood Warden and also makes the former perk irrelevant as it won't even be used. I thought I had something going here lol

• Sunstellar
    Sunstellar Member Posts: 13
    edited March 2019

So you want the games to last EVEN longer? so now good survivors are being punished because you couldn't manage to get a hook?

What's with killer mains just wanting the match to last 20 mins and just instadown survivors?

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

If the survivors play optimally and the killer plays optimally odds are killer gets a 2k which is fine IMO, but if all the survivors pitch in then cleansing totems is a breeze.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Don't get me wrong I like NOED currently but this perk idea I also fancy, honestly I would say I would be more scared of this perk than the current NOED because if the killer is actually good that is an actual game changer.

• Incirion
    Incirion Member Posts: 612

"Good survivors" as you call them will have cleansed the totems before end game anyway. So there's nothing that "good survivors" have to worry about. And he's literally saying "remove the instadown" so why even add that into your complaint?

I personally like this change. It would get rid of the instant down that everyone seems to like to complain about, even though they all run adrenaline, so that's a plus. And it does just give the killer one last chance. Not sure i agree with it blocking hatch. Just the exit gates. Since hatch is supposed to be a sneaky/last resort escape anyway.

• Divinitye9
    Divinitye9 Member Posts: 392

Why don’t we have lighting just strike and kill all the survivors when the totem activates?

Seriously though, noed is fine. I don’t use it, but it is easy to counter provides survivors do what they “should” be doing.

If they spend half the match tea bagging and clicky clicky, then it’s their own fault they fell to it.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited March 2019

I think if the aim were to cause the gates to stay closed just a bit longer, a better way to go about it (in my opinion) would be to have two or three of the gens slightly regress a little (the severity of which could maybe scale depending on the number of remaining Survivors, so it's not useless againt 4 Survivors or backbreaking against 2) once the Exit Gates would normally be powered, with the Survivors having to top off one of them again to disable the perk. That way, no totem camping. :P

EDIT:

Gave it a whack:

When the last Generator is fully repaired, five/four/three other fully repaired Generators regress by X% (assume X is a tiny number) for each remaining Survivor. (Possibly also "You can no longer damage Generators.")  The Survivors must finish one Generator to power the Exit Gates.  This perk can only be used once per trial.

• Eross1b
    Eross1b Member Posts: 58

Current NOED is fine, no need to change it. Besides, this would be broken OP.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

there will be this one invisible wraith bodyblocking the totem. it is going to happen xD

besides that, i think the idea is decent.