The plague nerf :(

Reduced speed while holding vile purge. So looping make it impossible to to the puke and down combo. This change seriously needs to be reverted trying to land the puke is really hard from being so slow no one like 110 killers and also the puke hit boxes seems to be really weird and incositent. Really unfair how the devs do a completely unneeded nerf and it's a big nerf but keep the bug where it's impossible to pick up survivors in fountains. Almost everyone exploits this bug like really guys c'mon...

Comments

• ThirdSealOPplzNerf
    ThirdSealOPplzNerf Member Posts: 360

As I said trying to use this in loops is impossible they're going to drop the pallet on me when i use it which is sort of a good way to gain high sickness on surviors or the loop is just to curved for me to even hit them alot with it. Her movement speed shouldn't have been reduced seriously it was unneeded.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Her ability goes over what they loop you on.

It counters them still. Being able to hold it and have full speed would negate ever having to let off of the button. It may as well be a "tap the button to use it whenever " ability by that logic.

• Carpemortum

You miss my point. She should be good, viable, etc, but not at the cost of making her power a non stop always use thing. It should be dynamic and give options for thought. This change is good.

They should find a way to balance that change, to keep her tier, but the change in itself isnt a bad one.

I didnt say she shouldnt be a great killer.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

It adds a counter.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

The best Plague users I’ve seen are the ones who don’t rely on her vomit TOO much.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    edited March 2019

I thought the slowdown from the charge was enough in the ptb. Im finding it much easier to evade the puke now.

• temozarela
    temozarela Member Posts: 16

I agree it's too much.Getting slowed every time you do anything now feels like you're getting punished for breathing .

• Bug_Reporter
    Bug_Reporter Member Posts: 673

Cant feel the nerf, still getting 4 kills just as usual...

There is only 1 solution for you my friend...

• Caretaker
    Caretaker Member Posts: 764

It doesn't matter that Plague is bad, she's fun. :^)

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

can you move faster while holding a vomit to throw out? its a matter of logic, dude

• Caretaker
    edited March 2019

Oh yea, my favorite logic is randomly being stabbed, thrown on a hook, and shanked by an immortal god. Real logical there.

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

lol but besides the supernatural, make some room for real life logic vomiting

• Caretaker

You know what I do when I got puke in my mouth? I run. Cuz I have puke in my mouth chief. Your logic is bad, even outside of supernatural.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,873

Plague is fine. She feels very balanced to me which is surprising when I first saw the reveal on her. I was expecting her to be over or under powered. I'm pleasantly surprised. Play her for what she is. Sometimes I think the PTB is a huge mistake. Players get weird ideas into their heads. Ideas like she was nerfed. It is impossible for her to be nerfed before she goes live. Anything prior to her going live is test.

• darthbabymaker
    darthbabymaker Member Posts: 11

Nerf her again!!!

• Caretaker

Here's a thought, crazy one, I know. Uh, try learning how to play against her maybe? Play her so you can see her weaknesses? Crazy idea, I know, but it might just work.

• ThirdSealOPplzNerf
    ThirdSealOPplzNerf Member Posts: 360

You don't say which rank you are in what rank are the survivors and no real stats everyone will totally believe you. I 4k rank 1 with Freddy without using his power get on my level scrub lol.

• Carpemortum

You think on loops. You shoot over loops. Excuse tf out of me but I didnt realize we wanted our hands held through playing killer.

Would it be easier if you just had to tap the ability to use it? Because moving full speed with it charged is essentially that.

Ntm there are addons for the movement speed.

Everytime I hear the "change since ptb" I hear that people watched people play her before release, get SET on how she HAD to be played, and refuse to accept any change at all.

Shes still perfectly viable. If he losing a TINY amount of speed while holding threat, causes you to ultimately lose games on loop difficulties, maybe you should look at how you approach loops to begin with.

• Carpemortum
    edited March 2019

So while on a test build, intended to see balancing and MAKE CHANGES BEFORE RELEASE, people got set in their ways on how to play a killer, and are upset that they saw the balancing needed and did just that? Because you cant play her how you think you should as opposed to how the devs feel she should be?

That screams entitlement.

It was a test build. Not early access.

• Caretaker
    edited March 2019

Kinda funny that the same devs thought Freddy absolutely had to be nerfed after less than a week off PTB. We all got set-up as yes, this is how she will play. Then on release, they just stripped that out, and it really took a chunk of power away for something no one really wanted. More corrupt timer? Ok. More slows? Oh boy, cuz I love being slowed to a crawl every time I do something. Really helps the Clown out doesn't it? Huntress too.

How am I entitled for recognizing a bad change? I don't trust the devs, cuz I've spoken to the devs. Considering the meta, and how things have only been getting worse? Yea, clearly entitlement and not frustrated with poor design choices. Not like I play both sides so I recognize the issues, nope.

How often do you play Plague? Did you play her on PTB? Have you been playing her since release? Community: Fountain full healing is a bit too strong. Devs: Too bad. Yup, devs really know what they're doing. I adjusted to the change, but I recognize it was a bad change. Me having good games, doesn't mean she's a good killer either.

Inb4: LUL UR BAD

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531

Her ability is good only when you got update vomit or when you vomit soo much then finaly surv get be broken.Honestly faster you hit left mouse buton before your basic vomit do antyhing.What is the point vomit on somone if surv go to fountain and get insta heal.

• Akuma
    Akuma Member Posts: 407

Yea, im just using her movement speed addons. cant enjoy the game without them ^^

• Carpemortum
    edited March 2019

Entitlement because it wasnt fully ready. She was being tested. Getting mad that it wasnt released how YOU felt it should be, regardless of the fact that the ptb was to test and change things accordingly before release. Do you not comprehend the words very well?

But, as you showed, shes viable with the change. Thank you for proving my point.

• Caretaker

If you watched the reveal she's been tested well during/possibly before the lunar event. No change was made until AFTER the PTB, and EVERYONE disliked that change. EVERYONE wants fountain healing to be removed because it's so powerful against her.

You can't read can you? "I adjusted to the change, but I recognize it was a bad change. Me having good games, doesn't mean she's a good killer either."

I can 4k with any killer, doesn't mean they're good. A lot of survivors make stupid mistakes, so I can capitalize on that. Anyone with even a remote sense of coordination can shut her down completely. She's new so of course people cry she's fine, or op, and this sense that EVERYTHING is ok, needs to go. "Well the devs say," Well the devs nerfed Thantaphobia, and tried to nerf Fire Up. Sorry if I'm not really keen on what they think about the balance.

• Carpemortum

You ask if I can read but continue to ignore the main points of my post.

More entitlement.

The change wasnt good or bad. It was a needed balance.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

The same kind of logic, that lets survivors sprint despite being hit by a chainsaw 3 times, or does this "logic" can be applied only on killers?

• Caretaker

No you're right. With a few tweaks she could easily be a threatening killer with legit strength, and power. However, the fact that fountains are basically just Jigsaw box spawns really hurt her. There are entire games I just ignore fountains cuz the time it would take me to get Corrupt means I lose half the duration just getting to an area I can use it, assuming I don't lose/they play stealthy.

If you have any kind of lead on her, or a medium/full debris/tall wall you can completely ignore her puke. In fact you lose loops/chases for using your power. The amount of slows she has on a such an insignificant power is insane. Not to mention how much you have to go through just to power up a bit. The only time your puke is a real threat is when you get them in a corridor or they let you get a full stream off into broken. Even then the delay when you can swing hurts you and lets them get to a pallet or window.

Not to mention if they're not being a potato and they're running around you won't get a full stream off. You'll waste more time breaking them, than just hitting them to the ground. That shouldn't be a thing. You shouldn't feel like you're setting yourself back for using your power. Also the fact that you have to respect pallets is insane. She is the most hand-holding killer in the game, it's unreal.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

You're complaining yet you post screenshots of you double pipping, even with single pipping now being harder. Huh?

• Caretaker
    edited March 2019

Can you read? This isn't me insulting you, I'm asking a legit question. Everyone has bad games, including survivors. I played well that game, but they were also potatoes at times. They ran really bad, made really stupid plays, altruism got me a few free hits. As any other killer, that game wouldn't have lasted as long. My playstyle actually fits the new emblem system, so of course I'm gonna get pips.

I always try to three hook, leave the area, go after new people, etc. These are two good games, out of a fair bit of bad games where I couldn't do anything at all cuz they just dryhumped gens, and I got looped cuz there was a pallet every 4 feet.

I'll do this again since this is the 3rd time I've had to say it.

ME HAVING A GOOD GAME OR TWO DOESN'T MAKE A KILLER STRONG OR VIABLE. I 4k'd as Legion without using my power, does that mean we should nerf Legion? The emblems were to show I play her and understand the new system.

• brokedownpalace
    edited March 2019

No I can't read, I can only write. Don't ask people on forums if they can read and pretend it's not an insult.

Not sure where I said Legion or Plague needed a nerf. I just think it's ironic that in your complaint thread you're posting results of games you did ridiculously well at rank 5. "Plague sucks now and the Emblem system is a mess but also here are some games where I get almost all irridescents. I swear it's only because the survivors were potatoes."

• brokedownpalace

You also went from rank 7 to 5 pretty quickly it looks like. But yeah, she's awful.

• Caretaker

I could do it as any killer. It's not difficult. For me at least.

The game before that. I had a daily. A back to back double pip. If you know how to work the new emblems you'll rank up just fine. Might take longer, but you will pip.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164
    edited March 2019

I'm pretty sure he didn't post it to show off, he posted it because the common response to "Plague's nerf was bad" is "git gud." His screenshots were a counter to the "git gud" reply. If that's not the necessary response to "git gud" to get people to actually give your opinion some merit, then what is?

• brokedownpalace

I didn't argue anything about why he posted them. That's irrelevant.

• bubbascal
    bubbascal Member Posts: 316

If you guys are not going for the fountains, then something is wrong.

The way to play Plague is to spread as much sickness as possible to make people use the fountains, then fetch Corrupt. If you're spreading the sickness a lot, Survivors won't be able to use those far-off fountains. And so what? That's loads of time the Survivor is spending going so far out of the way to heal.

Insta heals were also necessary because the sickness makes you Broken and deals damage to you. The insta heals also encourage you to infect and drop chase.

Go for full puke combo to break someone if they seem easy to get. But the strat is to get Corrupt ASAP and use Vile for small amounts of slowdown. Corrupt stops looping altogether.

Get Corrupt, then go for downs. Ideally use Vile to get people infected and tunnel a single Survivor to get them Broken, downed, then on the hook to distract everyone. Then, go infect some more and gather Corrupt if ready. Then massacre the Survivors. That's how she works.

If anything, Plague needs a lunge/range buff to secure downs...

• brokedownpalace

If the Plague sucks AND the survivors he's going up against are "potatoes" as he said, then you will not be getting 4 iridescents with how the Emblem system is currently working. You will not be going from rank 7 to 5 in no time in those circumstances.

• Caretaker

Then you clearly don't understand the system.

Yup, let me go for the fountain across the map in no-man's land so I can get 30s of Corrupt Purge. Surely that won't bite me in the ass while they do gens safely on the other side. "Instaheal is necessary." That's a lulsworthy comment. Broken doesn't stop you from playing the game or looping. A survivor doesn't get punished for going out of their way to get a fountain cuz they have 3 other survivors doing their job while they heal.

Corrupt stops looping? In what universe? Let me know how you're puking around windows, jungle gyms, the shack, and tall walls. Cuz clearly you're on a whole 'nother level or in an alternate dimension.\

I do agree her lunge is off, but I'm not sure if that's just an animation issue, or yea.

• brokedownpalace

"Then you clearly don't understand the system."

Nah. Pretty sure you're just exaggerating.

• Caretaker

Pretty sure you don't know how the system works. 3 hook everyone, try to get all 4 dead prior to 2-3 gens completing, mix-up chases, etc. Boom, quad Iri. What do I know though, I'm just getting the odd quad iri on Plague Mom. Not like this system was how I quad iri'd before so I can still pip consistently or anything. Totally haven't quad iri'd everything either.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Is arcing a viable tactic as plague? Like you shoot the purge almost straight up so it goes right over the tall walls and hits the crouching survivor.

What if we buffed her vomit velocity and charge time instead of the full charge MS?

That way she could shoot over loops faster, hit you at longer ranges and generally just be able to break you quicker without needing to be a mindless hold the button the whole game Killer.

Personally I still think it would be better to have sickness give you exposed instead of broken and then remove any healing interaction from the fountains.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

This I agree with.

They're balancing her since there currently working on her....but you could argue why bother balancing any of them when they're still underneath the top 2 killers when it comes to power.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Im really dissapointed too, I will protest with legion slugging until the devs fix that (need to get 8k shards somehow though, might take some time since I barely play anymore lul)

• Caretaker

Yes, in fact it's better to sorta slingshot it by flicking your mouse back and forth to get extra distance/spread on the vomit. This isn't consistent over medium/tall walls and debris, but I've managed to puke on someone despite a pallet blocking them. With the wonky hitbox, I chalk it up more to luck than me just getting a good shot though. Exposed wouldn't matter, cuz it'd be the same issue we have.