New Sprint Burst nerf is an absolute joke

Eskay
Eskay Member Posts: 30

Currently what they want to do, imo, is really stupid because it will, no doubts, decently nerf sprint burst but dead hard will be absolutely destroyed and there will be no point of using it.
Devs should just add an acceleration for the moment when you start using it so you can't instantly start running at the speed of sound but you need time to achieve this speed. Like you get this speed in 1-1.5 seconds.
I think with this change sprint won't counter pig or freddy so hard and dead hard will remain being useful.
(opinion of a killer main with almost 900 hrs)

Comments

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

@White_Owl said:
    Imo it's a good change (seriously, missing a LF chainsaw because SB activated randomly at the right time is bs, but that's what happened to me the other day), but it will not make other exhaustion perks more relevant. Sprint Burst will still be king of its category, and to detrone it it needs a nerf specifically aimed at it, not to the whole group of perks.

Other perks tha require activation will become much better in comparison to SB. Currently sprinting around the map with SB is fine since you'll get it back mid chase. Now if you want to rush gens and move about quickly you need to use something else. Great change.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

This always comes up anytime Exhaustion gets justly nerfed.

The idea guys, is not to run from the killer forever, but to eventually lose the killer. All they are doing is driving home that point with this nerf.

Your perks still work, you just have to actually get yourself in a position where you don't have to sprint constantly. Anybody who's even a half-way decent survivor can do that. Hell, even I can do that and I'm barely competent as a survivor.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

@Might_Oakk said:

@White_Owl said:
    Imo it's a good change (seriously, missing a LF chainsaw because SB activated randomly at the right time is bs, but that's what happened to me the other day), but it will not make other exhaustion perks more relevant. Sprint Burst will still be king of its category, and to detrone it it needs a nerf specifically aimed at it, not to the whole group of perks.

Other perks tha require activation will become much better in comparison to SB. Currently sprinting around the map with SB is fine since you'll get it back mid chase. Now if you want to rush gens and move about quickly you need to use something else. Great change.

I'm not sure about that, since the cooldown is just 40 s which are nothing while someone else is chased and you're just free to repair gens. I guess we will see ...

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

@Eskay said:
    I don't think that they should nerf exhaustion because exhaustion itself was a nerf to all these perks lul

Right... because infinite Lithe, Spring Burst and Dead Hard is balanced....

These exhaustion changes are great. And better for the game.

• Eskay
    edited June 2018

But pig will still struggle from it cuz her ability is mainly used to get the first hit before the chase even started. Acceleration will make it possible for her to make this hit and not watch at the survivor running away.
    Or they just need to buff her so she is at max speed instantly and can hit the sprinting survivor anyway

• Der_Schatten
    Der_Schatten Member Posts: 82

The Nerf will make Sprintburst,dead hard etc. not so powerfull. Me as a Rank 1 Killer sounds good, very good survivor with looping skillz, with current sprintboost are close to uncatchable. As a Rank 1 Survivor, sounds a little bit hard to me... i have 4 Surv. p3 and currently they all run Sprintboost. after this Patch i think only one will keep it the other three go with we gonna make it, plunderer and iron will.

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

it's a great change - I advocate it fully

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,520

This was mentioned in the last dev stream. If perks like Dead Hard/Lithe end up being too weak because of it, they may be tweaked individually.

• Stevo
    Stevo Member Posts: 121
    Well, I do think it is a little harsh for perks that have an activation condition (specifically, Dead Hard with Injury, Lithe with a Vault and Balanced Landing with Dropping down from a platform), Sprint Burst most certainly needs the nerf. It's too "safe" of a perk, per se. I've seen multiple people say this, and I personally agree, but you shouldn't be able to get two or more uses of this particular perk in the one chase. If you don't escape, that's likely on you. DH, BL and Lithe were already pretty balanced imo since they have conditions for activation.

a more suitable nerf, in my eyes at least, would be to make the exhaustion timer longer for sprint burst specifically. Say, maybe 100s/80s/60s or maybe even 90s/80s/70s? I just don't think a perk without an activation condition should have as small a cooldown when compared to its competitors
  • The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474

@Brady said:
    Can we just clarify something?

You all complained about how Sprint Burst needed a nerf, not exhaustion.

You all complained Sprint Burst completely broke down Killers like The Wraith and The Pig, not Dead Hard, Lithe, or Balanced Landing.

You all complained with multiple threads titled "Sprint Burst is OP", and not once have I seen a "Lithe, Dead Hard, and Balanced Landing are OP".

Sprint Burst needed a balance because it was used under no conditions, where as the rest were conditioned perks. Dead Hard? Injured. Lithe? Chase + Vault. Balanced Landing? Some maps only have 1 hill.

I'm all for balancing, because Sprint Burst is too strong, but eh, I don't see a point in using any other exhaustion perk if they're all going to be that much worse compared to Sprint Burst now. I'm probably not the only one.

Sprint Burst will now get you an initial speed boost but won't help you mid-chase, whereas Lithe could let you lose the killer and Dead Hard could let you avoid the hit that would down you. Sprint Burst currently does all of this, and is the only perk where you'd usually find your exhaustion wearing out mid-chase. It's not the perfect nerf but it's better than the usual band-aids we get.

• epicassassin
    epicassassin Member Posts: 77
    Tbh the exhaustion change makes it feel more realistic. Even in real life you have to slow down/stop running to get rid of exhaustion. Don't get it why people complain.
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    the changes are fine.

adapt or die.
  • Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

@Eskay said:
    Currently what they want to do, imo, is really stupid because it will, no doubts, decently nerf sprint burst but dead hard will be absolutely destroyed and there will be no point of using it.
    Devs should just add an acceleration for the moment when you start using it so you can't instantly start running at the speed of sound but you need time to achieve this speed. Like you get this speed in 1-1.5 seconds.
    I think with this change sprint won't counter pig or freddy so hard and dead hard will remain being useful.
    (opinion of a killer main with almost 900 hrs)

That would be a nice alternative to nerf SB but it won't solve the main problem that the devs are seeing which is SB triggering in mid chases or more times than it should.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    @Peanits Do you think a 3 second running requirement to activate Sprint Burst will solve the perk? Like I said in a different Sprint Burst thread, survivors can't get cocky with it and will allow stealth killers to do their job. If a survivor runs for 2 seconds then quickly release the Sprint key and instantly holds it again to reset the Sprint Burst requirement to save the perk. We could add a slow decrease ramp to 0 seconds so a survivor can't save the perk, problem solved :) Or like you said...
    Peanits said:

This was mentioned in the last dev stream. If perks like Dead Hard/Lithe end up being too weak because of it, they may be tweaked individually.

This may also be a great solution to a bigger problem to exhaustion. Great thinking!

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,520
    edited June 2018

@Nickenzie said:
    @Peanits Do you think a 3 second running requirement to activate Sprint Burst will solve the perk? Like I said in a different Sprint Burst thread, survivors can't get cocky with it and will allow stealth killers to do their job. If a survivor runs for 2 seconds then quickly release the Sprint key and instantly holds it again to reset the Sprint Burst requirement to save the perk. We could add a slow decrease ramp to 0 seconds so a survivor can't save the perk, problem solved :)

I don't think it would necessarily fix it. The proposed change essentially prevents sprint burst from activating more than once per chance. Adding a delay to the start would not.

You could also make a case for sprint burst simply being used more strategically if there were a three second delay. Rather than sprinting away at the last second, you could instead time it and have it activate right before the killer swings, potentially giving you even more distance as they recover from their missed attack. Basically I think it would have a pretty negligible effect. They'd just have to get off the generator and start running three seconds sooner.

I actually think the change they're doing is a good move. Sprint burst shouldn't really activate more than once per chase. It's a pretty big game changer even if it only activates once. 3 seconds of 150% speed will net you 4.2m of distance from the killer (assuming the killer moves at 4.6m/s, some move slower). That 4.2m will take 7 seconds for the killer to close. A free 7 second headstart is a pretty big deal, and will almost always be enough time to get to a pallet/jungle gym. Getting a 7 second headstart multiple times in a single chase is a little much.

(That's also considering it's a 4.6m/s killer, which is currently the fastest. If you're up against a 4.4m/s killer, that's a 12 second distance gain.)

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Peanits said:

I don't think it would necessarily fix it. The proposed change essentially prevents sprint burst from activating more than once per chance. Adding a delay to the start would not.

You could also make a case for sprint burst simply being used more strategically if there were a three second delay. Rather than sprinting away at the last second, you could instead time it and have it activate right before the killer swings, potentially giving you even more distance as they recover from their missed attack. Basically I think it would have a pretty negligible effect. They'd just have to get off the generator and start running three seconds sooner.

I actually think the change they're doing is a good move. Sprint burst shouldn't really activate more than once per chase. It's a pretty big game changer even if it only activates once. 3 seconds of 150% speed will net you 4.2m of distance from the killer (assuming the killer moves at 4.6m/s, some move slower). That 4.2m will take 7 seconds for the killer to close. A free 7 second headstart is a pretty big deal, and will almost always be enough time to get to a pallet/jungle gym. Getting a 7 second headstart multiple times in a single chase is a little much.

(That's also considering it's a 4.6m/s killer, which is currently the fastest. If you're up against a 4.4m/s killer, that's a 12 second distance gain.)

@Peanits
    You have a really great point, Sprint Burst provides a lot of value for just being a perk and a 3 second delay won't prevent it from being used multiple times. However it feels rather bad when you perfectly got into position as Pig, Myers, or Wraith and suddenly the survivor takes off going 250% when a 3 second delay would be enough to probably get a hit. One time I was working on a generator and Leatherface walked up to me by surprise. He started to charge his chainsaw and before he could've put me into dying state, I Sprint Burst away WHILE making him use his chainsaw. I ended up getting loads of ground on that chase which a 3 second delay would have gotten me put in dying state and avoided the entire chase altogether. In general there's countless times where a survivor wouldn't have 3 seconds to get to safety in time for their Sprint Burst to activate which would result in the killer getting a early hit. Now I'm not saying the direction that the developers are taking is bad, I'm just saying my suggestion should be tested as well and at the end of the PTB, the developers can see which nerf is more effective.
  • Eskay

@Irisora said:

That would be a nice alternative to nerf SB but it won't solve the main problem that the devs are seeing which is SB triggering in mid chases or more times than it should.

I have another solution then. They can make it so you can take only one exhaustion perk at once and every single one of them would have a different exhaustion time. For example, SB - 90/85/80, DH - 50/45/40, etc.
    I think that DH is a really skillful perk and survivors should to use it more often.

• oafafoxfeather
    oafafoxfeather Member Posts: 30

@epicassassin said:
    Tbh the exhaustion change makes it feel more realistic. Even in real life you have to slow down/stop running to get rid of exhaustion. Don't get it why people complain.

You compare a real life situation to a game? They even said " It's just a game ". If they hang you in a hook you through the chest you'd probably die. If the killer hits you with a cattle hammer in the head I think you go on the ground instantly etc. You get my point? It's just a game after all this goes to all tryharders who think that the end of the world comes with nerfs, losing pips etc. You gain nothing from pips and you lose nothing. GL & HF

• Shadow_Master
    Shadow_Master Member Posts: 17

The nerf on SB is finbe to me.The same nerf in the rest of exhasution perks is stupid though.SB is so much superior to the other perks.

• epicassassin

@epicassassin said:

You compare a real life situation to a game? They even said " It's just a game ". If they hang you in a hook you through the chest you'd probably die. If the killer hits you with a cattle hammer in the head I think you go on the ground instantly etc. You get my point? It's just a game after all this goes to all tryharders who think that the end of the world comes with nerfs, losing pips etc. You gain nothing from pips and you lose nothing. GL & HF

I get you dood. I don't mind the "nerf" at all. Just gotta use my sprint burst more sparingly :p i do love a challenge though.
  • VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068

That litterally happened yesterday. The sweat was going everywhere huehue

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited July 2018

I said it before, I'll say it again.

This will nerf Vigil more then Sprint Burst.

Post edited by Mc_Harty on
  • Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

I'm also wondering how strong this nerf would make Exhaustion-Addons like Solvent Jug or Venomous Concoction. Not beeing able to regen Exhaustion during a chase would significally strengthen those and could even negate perks like DH, Lithe or Balanced Landing.
    So I'm not a fan of the idea and would rather like to see the Exhaustion values of SB and other perks beeing adjusted, that getting SB MidChase happens rarely. And probably SBs speedcurve adjusted, so it will be rather used to get a headstart than dodging a first strike or a close ambush.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

"New Sprint Burst nerf is an absolute joke"

Chasing survivors in a circle for several minutes is a joke, yet it's been a "feature" of the game for a long time

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

@Freudentrauma said:
    I'm also wondering how strong this nerf would make Exhaustion-Addons like Solvent Jug or Venomous Concoction. Not beeing able to regen Exhaustion during a chase would significally strengthen those and could even negate perks like DH, Lithe or Balanced Landing.
    So I'm not a fan of the idea and would rather like to see the Exhaustion values of SB and other perks beeing adjusted, that getting SB MidChase happens rarely. And probably SBs speedcurve adjusted, so it will be rather used to get a headstart than dodging a first strike or a close ambush.

I don't think those add ons hold any value after the exhaustion nerf. A survivor is not going to regain the use of their exhaustion perk in the middle of a chase unless they are being chased the entire freaking game.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

@Chi said:
    I don't think those add ons hold any value after the exhaustion nerf. A survivor is not going to regain the use of their exhaustion perk in the middle of a chase unless they are being chased the entire freaking game.

It's not about regaining the Perk after I use. I'm more thinking about the fact, they won't even be able to use it. DH requires you to be injured for example. But it's quite likely that a Killer might already gave your Exhaustion with their ability, which means you won't be able to use it. Same might happen with Lithe or BL, because triggering them requires you to be in a certain situation. They kinda have the effect on these perks already. At least on weaker survivors, I think.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@epicassassin said:
    oafafoxfeather said:

@epicassassin said:

I get you dood. I don't mind the "nerf" at all. Just gotta use my sprint burst more sparingly :p i do love a challenge though.

Yeah, when it comes to hooks, anyone who didn’t get their heart pierced, could jump off if they are strong enough to do a flag pull up. And healing people with back rubs wouldn’t really help.

• epicassassin
    Jack11803 said:

@epicassassin said:
    oafafoxfeather said:

@epicassassin said:

Yeah, when it comes to hooks, anyone who didn’t get their heart pierced, could jump off if they are strong enough to do a flag pull up. And healing people with back rubs wouldn’t really help.

Then you've never gotten a back rub from me ;)
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@epicassassin said:
    Jack11803 said:

@epicassassin said:

oafafoxfeather said:

@epicassassin said:

Then you've never gotten a back rub from me ;)

Can’t argue with that.

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

@Freudentrauma said:

@Chi said:

It's not about regaining the Perk after I use. I'm more thinking about the fact, they won't even be able to use it. DH requires you to be injured for example. But it's quite likely that a Killer might already gave your Exhaustion with their ability, which means you won't be able to use it. Same might happen with Lithe or BL, because triggering them requires you to be in a certain situation. They kinda have the effect on these perks already. At least on weaker survivors, I think.

Ahh okay, didn't think that comment through. :p
    Yeah, those add-ons are going to be way too powerful...

• mountainlion
    mountainlion Member Posts: 3

Honestly the new nerf of exhaustion is a very bad idea. The problem with sprint burst is that it lets the survivor get from a dead zone to a pallet or window no matter what, without letting the killer get a hit in. Even with this nerf, that problem will not be changed in the slightest.
    All this will do is make the other perks less viable.
    Especially lithe seeing as you have to be in a chase and vault the window to activate it. I can usually get 4-5 uses out of lithe a game. After this change I could get 2-3 uses out of it, at most.
    With dead hard it's kinda the same story - you have to be injured and the perk is only really used in chases.
    Balanced landing could still be kind of viable but that's probably the only one out of the three.
    Then lets look at sprint burst. As soon as the killer is almost close enough to hit you, you press shift - and you're gone. It requires nothing to activate it. And guess what - it will still be just as frustrating to play against.
    I would be really happy with a sprint burst nerf because it would encourage people to use other perks. But this change does the opposite. You might not be able to sprint burst away from the killer anymore during the chase, but that perk still makes basically the whole map a safe zone, you cannot get punished for being in a bad spot whatsoever. This change will encourage people to use sprint burst more than any other exhaustion perk, more than people already use it.
    I would be more than happy with a nerf to the perk sprint burst itself, but the other three perks were in a good spot where they were sofar and nerfing them too isn't necessary.

• ELVENDORK
    ELVENDORK Member Posts: 10

I'm using Sprintburst for a headstart from the killer, not to get away during a chase.. so this nerf is only going to encourage me to use SB instead of Lither or Balanced Landing.. I'd rather have the headstart to a pallet that a one time SB (from Lithe or BL) during a chase..

• ELVENDORK

@Lowbei said:
    the changes are fine.

adapt or die.

survivors adapted since release.. killers on the other hand are still playing like they did back in 2016

• The_Manlet

@ELVENDORK said:

@Lowbei said:
    the changes are fine.

adapt or die.

survivors adapted since release.. killers on the other hand are still playing like they did back in 2016

What did survivors adapt to? The removal of infinites? Because they've been running the same meta perks since the beginning of time. Meanwhile none of the meta killer perks or playstyles from 2016 are meta today.

• ELVENDORK

@The_Manlet said:

@ELVENDORK said:

@Lowbei said:
    the changes are fine.

adapt or die.

What did survivors adapt to? The removal of infinites? Because they've been running the same meta perks since the beginning of time. Meanwhile none of the meta killer perks or playstyles from 2016 are meta today.

yes, survivors had to adapt when infinites were removed (infinites were bs and needed to be gone, but survivor still had to find other ways to juke) then survivors got the concept of jungle gyms.. the answer to that was: jungle gyms nerfed, twice actually because for one, a window was gone and second, a palett was gone too.. after the jungle gym was gone, survivors started even more to loob paletts, since that was everything they got left that was "safe" .. what came? bloodlust.. and ofc killers are not using the same perks since they got so much more good perks, while survivors had strong perks from the beginning and 80% of the perks that came out weren't even nearly as good (besides ds which I'm not a fan of) that's why most survivors use SC,SB,IW & Adrenaline or something along those lines.. where Killer use BBQ,Franklins, Whispers(since 2k16 btw), Noed(since 2k16 btw) some still use BS(since 2k16) and Enduring is used 90% since at least 2017 too.. what I meant in they're playing like they did back in 2k16 is how they play.. they camped back then; tehy do it now - they tunneled some survivors back then; they do it still..maybe it's because Killers got more buffs(which were also needed) since the release instead of nerfs so tehy didn't had to adapt that much, but they're equally good at crying as the survivor side

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Nos37 said:

Chasing survivors in a circle for several minutes is a joke, yet it's been a "feature" of the game for a long time

So's camping and tunneling, it's no fun for survivors either even though both have been a feature of the game for a long time. If they fix one and then the other killers are gonna whine they can't face camp or just go outside of terror radius then come zooming in and get 2 downs. Cough Billy/Nurse cough.

It won't matter if they balance it or not the small minority of whiners will still come onto here and whine how it's not fair while the majority will simply do what they've always done.

THEY ADAPT.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

I truly don't think these changes will make Lithe or BL useless. I mean, sure you have to give up the ability to sprint for a time after you lose the killer so you can get it back, but most of that time is going to be built back up doing a generator anyway. The perks in question are still holding their core strength - the ability trigger a sprint more or less on command while retaining the ability to traverse the map quickly without fear of accidentally activating the perk when it's ready.

Keep in mind, these perks can be given shorter cooldowns to compensate. I frankly don't think this is going to be that big of a deal.

• The_Manlet

@powerbats said:

@Nos37 said:

So's camping and tunneling, it's no fun for survivors either even though both have been a feature of the game for a long time. If they fix one and then the other killers are gonna whine they can't face camp or just go outside of terror radius then come zooming in and get 2 downs. Cough Billy/Nurse cough.

It won't matter if they balance it or not the small minority of whiners will still come onto here and whine how it's not fair while the majority will simply do what they've always done.

THEY ADAPT.

Nurse and Billy are pretty much the only killers who don't have to camp and tunnel like that. No other killer is going to win, or even get any kills, running around playing catch and release 12 times.

• ItsDaEmuDood
    ItsDaEmuDood Member Posts: 192

@Eskay said:

People are saying the Sprint Burt nerf is a nerf, but I see it as a buff. Look at it this way. What you can do is use Sprint Burst at the start of your first chase, as normal. But then you escape. What you can do is, and yes, it sounds dumb, but like, keep running around the map. This'll preserve your SB for when you wanna use it. When you want to, just stop moving when you get behind cover during a chase. Then wait for that like 1 second, and boom, you're off. I remember when I started playing this game, I didn't realize how Survivor sided it was, so I was like, "Hey devs, can you allow us to prime Sprint Burst? So like, when we run normally we don't use it. So then, when we need it, we can activate the perk, AND THEN start running super fast." Got hit with reality. I remember the first DS change they were gonna do too. It was a buff, as you would guarantee a Decisive, but you wouldn't get healed now. So then you just save it for last hook. People thought of it as a nerf, when it really wasn't.

• ItsDaEmuDood
    ItsDaEmuDood Member Posts: 192

@Mc_Harty said:
    I said it before, I'll say it again.

This will nerf Vigil more then Sprint Burst.

This is also very true, as Vigil won't even be active while running. Poor Quentin, his best perk getting indirectly nerfed because the big-mouth Decisive T-Bag Flashlighters were messing with the poor servants of the Entity again. R.I.P. Vigil's good use while running, you will be missed.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@The_Manlet said:

Nurse and Billy are pretty much the only killers who don't have to camp and tunnel like that. No other killer is going to win, or even get any kills, running around playing catch and release 12 times.

I see Nurse and Billy camp and tunnel all the time, while seeing Myers and Doc's getting 4 sacs all the time. This is at ranks 10-3. the good killers find a way while the bad killers with good champs are at ranks they don't belong.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

The days of using a sprint burst to get to a pallet... loop like a tryhard... tbag and then get sprint burst just in time to go the the next loop/pallet are over.

Adapt.

Killers had to adapt for about 1 year worth of bullying and SWF nonsense.