The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

New Sprint Burst nerf is an absolute joke

2»

Comments

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Dwight_Confusion said:
    The days of using a sprint burst to get to a pallet... loop like a tryhard... tbag and then get sprint burst just in time to go the the next loop/pallet are over.

Adapt.

Killers had to adapt for about 1 year worth of bullying and SWF nonsense.

Eh not really. Biggest problem with the perk isn’t even being addressed. Just another cheap bandaid that hurts actually good perks and builds. Now sprint burst is the top dog EVEN MORE. Other ones were good for quick usage during a chase, not get out of jail burst. And, vigil is basically alley trash now

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

@Jack11803 said:

@Dwight_Confusion said:
    The days of using a sprint burst to get to a pallet... loop like a tryhard... tbag and then get sprint burst just in time to go the the next loop/pallet are over.

Adapt.

Eh not really. Biggest problem with the perk isn’t even being addressed. Just another cheap bandaid that hurts actually good perks and builds. Now sprint burst is the top dog EVEN MORE. Other ones were good for quick usage during a chase, not get out of jail burst. And, vigil is basically alley trash now

As quirky as you are... you're very wrong.

Don't say things are "just a band aid"... just because everyone else says it. Sprint Burst is supposed to get you away from a killer. That's the point.

However.. running shouldn't allow you to regen that 40 second burst again... it's just bad. Now, people can't do that. It really balances out a strong perk, and at the very least will force people to shake up their 4-6 perk setup.

Vigil does need something done to it... I agree.

This nerf to all exhaustion perks is a good start. It might be too strong for tryhard survivors but we'll have to see.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Dwight_Confusion said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Dwight_Confusion said:

Adapt.

As quirky as you are... you're very wrong.

Don't say things are "just a band aid"... just because everyone else says it. Sprint Burst is supposed to get you away from a killer. That's the point.

However.. running shouldn't allow you to regen that 40 second burst again... it's just bad. Now, people can't do that. It really balances out a strong perk, and at the very least will force people to shake up their 4-6 perk setup.

Vigil does need something done to it... I agree.

This nerf to all exhaustion perks is a good start. It might be too strong for tryhard survivors but we'll have to see.

I think they should just change sprint bursts cooldown to 100 or 120 seconds. AND have it require you to sprint, and then it’ll activate 3 seconds later. To prevent sprinting across the map freely, even if you press the sprint button for just a millisecond, it’ll still activate in 3 seconds.

• TheOwl
    TheOwl Member Posts: 185
    edited July 2018

I may be in the minority here, but I do feel that this change will make the other exhaustion perks much more powerful. Currently, Sprint Burst is such a popular choice because it has no requirements to activate, unlike other perks such as Lithe, Dead Hard, and Balanced Landing. However, with this change to exhaustion, survivors would arguably be better off playing more strategically with their exhaustion perk and using one that they have more control over opposed to Sprint Burst.

Post edited by TheOwl on
  • TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

@Jack11803 said:

@epicassassin said:
    Jack11803 said:

@epicassassin said:

oafafoxfeather said:

@epicassassin said:

Tbh the exhaustion change makes it feel more realistic. Even in real life you have to slow down/stop running to get rid of exhaustion. Don't get it why people complain.

You compare a real life situation to a game? They even said " It's just a game ". If they hang you in a hook you through the chest you'd probably die. If the killer hits you with a cattle hammer in the head I think you go on the ground instantly etc. You get my point? It's just a game after all this goes to all tryharders who think that the end of the world comes with nerfs, losing pips etc. You gain nothing from pips and you lose nothing. GL & HF

I get you dood. I don't mind the "nerf" at all. Just gotta use my sprint burst more sparingly :p i do love a challenge though.

Yeah, when it comes to hooks, anyone who didn’t get their heart pierced, could jump off if they are strong enough to do a flag pull up. And healing people with back rubs wouldn’t really help.

Then you've never gotten a back rub from me ;)

Can’t argue with that.

now, would you give another man's wife a foot massage? That's the real question here

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857

@Mc_Harty said:
    I said it before, I'll say it again.

This will nerf Vigil more then Sprint Burst.

This is also very true, as Vigil won't even be active while running. Poor Quentin, his best perk getting indirectly nerfed because the big-mouth Decisive T-Bag Flashlighters were messing with the poor servants of the Entity again. R.I.P. Vigil's good use while running, you will be missed.

Dev stream said looking to buff vigil so you do recover while running
  • epicassassin
    epicassassin Member Posts: 77

@Jack11803 said:

@epicassassin said:
    Jack11803 said:

@epicassassin said:

oafafoxfeather said:

@epicassassin said:

Tbh the exhaustion change makes it feel more realistic. Even in real life you have to slow down/stop running to get rid of exhaustion. Don't get it why people complain.

You compare a real life situation to a game? They even said " It's just a game ". If they hang you in a hook you through the chest you'd probably die. If the killer hits you with a cattle hammer in the head I think you go on the ground instantly etc. You get my point? It's just a game after all this goes to all tryharders who think that the end of the world comes with nerfs, losing pips etc. You gain nothing from pips and you lose nothing. GL & HF

I get you dood. I don't mind the "nerf" at all. Just gotta use my sprint burst more sparingly :p i do love a challenge though.

Yeah, when it comes to hooks, anyone who didn’t get their heart pierced, could jump off if they are strong enough to do a flag pull up. And healing people with back rubs wouldn’t really help.

Can’t argue with that.

now, would you give another man's wife a foot massage? That's the real question here

Maybe? I usually only do that to guys tho ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260
     said:

@Jack11803 said:

@epicassassin said:
    Jack11803 said:

@epicassassin said:

oafafoxfeather said:

@epicassassin said:

Can’t argue with that.

Maybe? I usually only do that to guys tho ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Please forgive my presumptious nature that i was only talking to another guy  #apologies :)