For once, I disagree with the rumored NOED nerf.

PinkEricka
PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
edited March 2019 in General Discussions

I usually don’t agree with the Killers on here due to some of them being so bias and becoming disrespectful when you disagree with them but one thing that I have to agree with them on is that NOED doesn’t really need a nerf.

I have to admit, I play Survivor most of the time with friends and it is VERY annoying to be hit by NOED then having the killer message you end game to gloat saying “GG EZ 4K” when really they just used a perk that requires no skill. (Same goes for adrenaline, call me hypocritical ;))

Basically, The typical basic counter to NOED is if you just do totems, then bam. The perk will be useless and you don’t have to worry about being one shotted. It is true that NOED rewards bad players, that is one thing that is not arguable.

I also saw someone post a survey about whenever or not devs should place a totem count in the game for survivors to see how many totems are left in the match awhile back, which I don’t remember who posted this survey but I’m pretty sure I voted on it.

I’d like to give my opinion on it if the devs decide to go through with this idea and you should also.

My opinion: I’m very unsure as of whether or not this is a good idea.

From a survivors perspective, it is good because you’ll have a good count of the totems that are left, if you’re playing in a incomplete SWF group.. randoms will also know how many totems are left.

From a new players perspective, who don’t have that many hours in the game, it’ll be good and they’ll get into the habit of looking at it as a 2nd objective and will start cleansing totems as they should be.

From a killer’s perspective, it is bad because the perk is meta and could become completely useless now if people start cleansing totems regularly due to the totem count.

Remember when the devs buffed NOED to one shot on all tiers? I thought that survivors were gonna start cleansing totems like crazy but in truth, most survivors still didn’t cleanse totems to avoid NOED so just imagine how it might be if the totem count is there..

I am just looking at future references of possibilities of what things could turn out like if the rumor is true.

Comments

• PinkEricka

I apologize that my thread is kind of long. I didn’t think it would be this long.

• Mr_Myers
    Mr_Myers Member Posts: 422

You voiced your points thoroughly and in a good order, it's better than the 3 sentence salt lines people write. You did good with this

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

I don't think noed would be made useless by a totem counter. In the worst case it doesn't activate and you bought extra time as a killer.

• Mr_Black
    Mr_Black Member Posts: 93

I don't bother cleansing totems unless it's ruin or lullaby... I never expect a NOED to spank my arse when I ignore totems... But when it does, I laugh... I'm at ranks 13-11 (new pip system) and never expect NOED. However, you can always predict when it's a NOED user... It does annoy me when camping, tunneling and NOEDing can carry a killer up quite far and that their main worry is borrowed and adreneline...

• PinkEricka
    edited March 2019

@Mr_MyersThanks so much! That means a lot! 😪. I was very hesistant to post this because I didn’t wanna have people jumping down my throat.

I just wish I could’ve formatted it to make it look more neater instead of just having people read plain white lines.

• Mr_Black
    Mr_Black Member Posts: 93

NOED is fine... It's like Devour Hope...

• PinkEricka

@thrawn3054 It only takes a quick few seconds to cleanse the totem so that “extra time” is a very short window for you to pull through and try to redeem yourself if whenever the survivors were just too good or if you were just plain bad.

• BreadLord
    BreadLord Member Posts: 274

i cant tell you how many times ive seen survivors run past dull totems

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

I know it's not a lot of extra time. I don't think a counter will suddenly get people to cleanse totems though. Also given how momentum driven this game can be it'd be hard to say what the impact of people actually cleansing totems would be.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Hell, the times I've seen one and said "I'll come right back after X is done", and never do. Either to being chased or hooked, and that one totem is all it takes. If you see it, and can do it, do it immediately.

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    edited March 2019

Most of the people complaining about NOED are either.

1. Some streamer that holds some title that no one cares about
    2. Someone who just bought the game and doesn't even know what the damn perk even is.
  • ShirtlessDwight
    ShirtlessDwight Member Posts: 190
    edited March 2019

Coming from SWF lol. Well go then do the totems on solo.

Without knowing if someone cleansed all you can do 4, miss 1 and it was all for nothing. it's also most likely that you won't pip at all because by the time you will get all 4 or 5 then either 4-5 gens will be done or your team will be dead.

Totem counter won't buff SWF but it would bring solo more on pair with it. Considering how survs got already nerfed because of how powerful swf is there should be more qol improvements for solo.

Oh I forgot to add. Going to clean all totems each game is extremely boring. Even with small game. I did this few times in a row and almost uninstalled.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Honestly, totem number indicator would possibly kill NOED.

But at the same time, it *may* encourage survivors to cleanse once and for all. That means killers would slightly gain some time in the process. Maybe it will be better *not* to equip NOED and instead capitalize in that time gain with another perk.

If this NOED nerf proceeds, I would only suggest to increase cleansing time 3 - 5 secs.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

If they decide to add a totem counter, It's totems as a whole I'm worried about. They are already so easily found and take only 14 seconds to do, The whole thrill that NOED and Devour Hope brings to the game is that something so meaningless as a dull totem has the potential to be a survivors downfall if they dismiss it.

With a counter NOED looses that fear end game, there'd be no guessing anymore of if there's noed and it becomes useless. Devour Hope would probably be less likely to proc since survivors would be probably cleanse dull totems asap.

Survivors should already be playing like this though, we shouldn't need a counter to convince people to cleanse totems.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

FW's only matter to fanboys and Fangirls. The rest of could give two shits on their opinions.

• PinkEricka
    edited March 2019

@BongbingbingThey’ve been improving totem spots in every little patch they put out. This is my totem’s hidden spot from one of my killer games I had last week.

It was completely camoflauged behind the flaming barrel. There was no gen there or a window they could look through to give them the hint of the spot. The survivors never did find my totem.

However, for certain, the new totem placements will be memorized by experienced players soon sadly for killers.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

Lmao ofc u don't care about a totem counter cuz you play with your friends SWF, there is no need for that. It's purpose is only for solos having some tools to counter NOED + closing the gap. But u don't care, you don't play solo enough to care. That's egoistic.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

I couldn't agree more. Well said, friend!

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

This is blatantly false. It takes like 16 seconds to cleanse a totem but you have to find them all first. If you're not swf the only way you know if they're all gone is if you go around and count and memorize the ones you broke verses the ones you're stumbling across that were broken by other survivors. I don't noed is okay where it is now but the claim that it takes "a few seconds" to cleanse is absurd.

• PinkEricka

@brokedownpalace Well, my mistake. It only seems like a few seconds. My team has been able to cleanse all the totems and complete objectives at the same time without a problem.

I guess it just depends on the players in the match.

Did you read anything that I’ve stated, though? I’ve clearly addressed SWF and totem cleansing along with the randoms.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

Rumored nerf?😕

• PinkEricka
    edited March 2019

@Acromio I assume it is. I haven’t looked that much into it and I never catch dev streams.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

To be honest, the only problem i have with NOED is the speed boost killers get, as killers with 115% movement speed become ridiculously fast. Other than that i think its fine. Also, a totem counter would be amazing so people dont have to hope that their random teammates have even touched a totem when They’ve cleansed 4 of them and cant find the last.

• NeaJovovich
    NeaJovovich Member Posts: 234

Honeychyle...

The reason why totems aren't cleansed is cuz there's no way of knowing if all of them have been cleansed.

I have ran Small Game since August of 2018. I enjoy the free 600 bps.

However, unless I prioritize totems, circle the map twice until I count five dismantled totems.

I think people who run Small Game should be able to have a totem counter. Honestly, a totem counter should be basekit stuff for a Survivor. But I know the Devs will never do that. So people, like me, who run Small Game should get that counter added to their HUD.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

I think this is a good idea. Give the totem counter to those dedicating a perk slot for small game.