We don't need anymore skins BHVR!

Hag_Main_Big_Brain
Hag_Main_Big_Brain Member Posts: 81
edited March 2019 in General Discussions

I don't know why the devs think putting a new cosmetic set will feed our hunger for new game content. Instead of fixing bugs or adding more game modes we get "A nEw OuTfIt FoR ____!" We were also supposed to get a Freddy re-work in December but we're in March now and little to no word about it.

Can we please pause with the cosmetics for a little while and focus more on buffing useless perks, buffing Freddy, and new end-game content?

Edit: I remember now thanks to some of your comments that there are separate teams for bug fixes and cosmetics. So for the skins part I feel like my new point is that we should get more cosmetics for characters who don't have that many cosmetics (Jeff, Hag, Adam, etc.).

Post edited by Hag_Main_Big_Brain on

Comments

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

Yes we do, D:< Hag especially needs more and better skins. Seen the upcoming one and its.....alright. I want a Fungi Hag though...with toxic Mushrooms growing out of her and lil creepy crawlies on her

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

You know those who Do cosmetics are not the same who Do Bug fixes. Wouldnt change anything if they stop making cosmetics.

• Hag_Main_Big_Brain

But still, why are we getting so many skins? Why have we still not gotten a Freddy re-work and been more than a year? While mid chapter patches are nice, they're mainly filled with band-aid fixes than actually major fixes. Now while I'm not trying to blame the people who work on skins, since they probably don't work on bugs and reworks, I still feel like we don't really need anymore skins for characters who already have like over 60 cosmetics. *cough* Meg *cough

• Hag_Main_Big_Brain

While I do agree character like Hag or Jeff need more cosmetics while characters like Meg don't need anymore outfits. And a fungi Hag does sound cool :D

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

I'm sure there's a completely separate team for cosmetics.

• baileyiscute
    baileyiscute Member Posts: 95

Actually , the devs who make cosmetic are completely not related to those who fix bugs.

also , cosmetics content is really a good point to develop the game itself so there is no reason not to make skins for characters . People still buy it if they like it lol

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Yes we do!!!!!! A the characters minus licensed neeeeeeedddzzzz them!

• Hag_Main_Big_Brain

Yeah. That's a mistake on my part. I didn't really remember while writing this that there is a separate team for cosmetics than bug fixes. But now since that is the case, I feel like my new point is that we don't need anymore cosmetics for character who already have so many. Like Meg, who gets an outfit like every single new chapter. We should get more cosmetics for characters who don't have that many cosmetics (Like Jeff, Hag, Ace, etc.)

• Snow_
    Snow_ Member Posts: 56

The art team is not responsible for bug fixing lmao

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

I think I'd rather not have the art team work on the game. When will people understand that those that make the skins aren't the people who make the game?! Besides skins come out faster because they're relatively easier to make than fixing bugs. (Not saying they shouldn't fix bugs and issues, but the art team doesn't actually code the game)

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    edited March 2019

@Hag_Main_Big_Brain I disagree. We need MORE skins. A lot more skins.

Character customization is fun.

• Army_Stich
    Army_Stich Member Posts: 16
    edited March 2019

I love the skins, let's let bugs be unfixed and the careful balance between killer and survivor be untouched. Skins baby! I want them skins!

Ps the brighter the better! I love being found first, running past that p3 caludet crouched in a Bush if I could talk in game I'd say "look at me bi**hes!"

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,010

Well that would be silly when the cosmetic team no doubt pays for itself.

And who says we don't need more skins? Until the Aces and Adams have as much as Meg or Claudette, more isn't hurting anyone.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

Good grief do people not know how a modern business works anymore, you don't have people that do visual arts and have no fing clue how to code working on bugs. The same is true for coders that have no clue how to do cosmetics.

Also how do you think they hire more people if they don't have money coming in from cosmetics? Do you think that somehow BHVR magically grows it on trees in the snow outside their office?

Now since you're so eager and have so much know how on what they need to do you should apply and help them fix said issues. They've got tons of openings right now but keep in mind they hire both the best talent and the people that work well together.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

We most certainly do need more cosmetics -- and ones that don't clip even when you do mashups.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

Apparently the people who work on DBD is a team of 3 guys making skins, creating new characters maps and perks, bug fixes, marketing, dedicated servers rollout, translations and everything in between.

I guess in your real life profession you are a master at literally every department the business has and do everything.

Get a grip. Even on the front page someone is asking about new skins. People want them and look forward to them.

• Bug_Reporter
    Bug_Reporter Member Posts: 673

You can say it by yourself, but i want more cosmectics, specially for Spirit!

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684

Not until we get pennywise similar skin for Clown and some killer mask for Nea

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

I thought their income came from milking moose and selling maple syrup.

• Mr_Myers
    Mr_Myers Member Posts: 422

Until Myers gets 2018 mask I no buy... except for Santa clown he was an exception

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

That's their side hobby and was supposed to be a secret, someone apparently didn't get any syrup with their pancakes again.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Fixing the game doesn't generate revenue. DLCs and skins do.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Why they do that?

Well that's easy, for $$

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463

I like my customized characters...

• Blue_Diamond
    Blue_Diamond Member Posts: 122

Yeah. No lie I'd pay money for that.

My idea for her was a wendigo as well but yours is cooler

• TheMidnightRidr
    TheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 599

The team that designs cosmetics has nothing to do with development/balance. They have not and will not pull more or less attention from bug fixes, reworks, etc. at BHVR.

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002

I want some cute jeans / trainers for Meg. The jeans we have on console are disgusting. Her boots look so big, it's like she's getting ready to go scuba diving. 😂

• Hag_Main_Big_Brain

It can't be that bad on console, I played on it for about a year and thought they looked nice. Then again that's just me. Then again I'm kinda bias since Meg already has 58 cosmetics, compared to Adam's 23 or Clown's 22 cosmetics

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002

Nah the jeans / boots combo she has on console are disgusting. The 'Zoey' jeans she has on Steam are great, but we have some low-crotch mess and boots that are clearly too big. The upcoming Meg DLC looks great though.

• will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489

Cosmetics generate a flow of income, that leads straight into the development of the game, they are good for the game, I am sure the team who design and model the cosmetics are not the same who deal with the list of issues and bugs currently with the game, who knows, if enough money if generated through cosmetics they can hire some new stuff, some more QA staff so less bugs get released into the live game.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

I like the skins. WE NEED MORE SKINS

• baron
    baron Member Posts: 142

Why do they focus on skins more?

Because fools and their money are soon parted.

• Kim
    Kim Member Posts: 76

I would reckon that they have an individual design team that makes the cosmetics rather then the game design team. Otherwise we wouldn’t have been getting good chapters and updates from BHVR.