Do Rank Reset NOW

Because of changes in ranking up, there's no survivors in red ranks.

Comments

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,446

Literally impossible to play as high rank killer due to the revert to the old matchmaking

• Drazen
    Drazen Member Posts: 400

same im rank 1 and my lobby is empty since yesterday nobody is joining idk what they wanna do with thier game

• Madjura

Bonus fun fact: Steam allows you to refund DLC (https://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/).

If you were rank 1 before you bought the latest chapter you would be unable to try the new killer before the two hour window that lets you refund the DLC ends (as per Steam store policies) because you can't get into a game as rank 1 killer after only waiting for 2 hours.

At least the explanation for why the matchmaking was reverted is good so it's all fine. Oh wait, there isn't one. Thanks Community Managers! Is it your fault? Probably not. But you are the ones who post dev statements after big changes such as this one, and considering that this latest change makes it so people are literally unable to play there should be a statement explaining why that change was made. But (at the time of writing) no such statement exists, just a note saying it will come later this week. Maybe you don't know why it was reverted because no one told you. In which case you should go get that information ASAP. If you are unable to get a statement out of the devs (because they decline to comment or whatever) I have to question why your jobs even exist in the first place, considering that people being unable to play is a pretty big deal and it should be easy to get answers from the developers as to why they thought making this change was a good idea. In other words, if you are reading this before the matchmaking is reverted back to a state where highrank players can actually play the game or an explanation why that change was made is out, get off the forums and talk to the devs to get that explanation.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

Oh comon, im a rank 1 killer and there's literally no rank 1 survivors. I cant find lobbies now

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

Funny... Survivors complained about playing with potatoes all the time... and Killers complained about playing against potatoes all the time.

Well now we all know the truth right?... All survivors are potatoes and always have been.

Now you Killers gotta eat something else.. Cause you got no more potatoes to play with.

Maybe start eating some crow?

• Bithard
    Bithard Member Posts: 406

All the boosted and toxic survivors will be out at least though.....

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Madjura Before coming up with such conspiracy, inform yourself better.

Steam only allows refunds on games, there are no refunds for DLCs. (your link is stating that btw)

• Madjura

"DLC purchased from the Steam store is refundable within fourteen days of purchase, and if the underlying title has been played for less than two hours since the DLC was purchased, so long as the DLC has not been consumed, modified or transferred. Please note that in some cases, Steam will be unable to give refunds for some third party DLC (for example, if the DLC irreversibly levels up a game character). These exceptions will be clearly marked as nonrefundable on the Store page prior to purchase."

The link is stating that DLC is refundable. Chapters are DLC. You can refund a chapter within fourteen days of purchase or if you have played Dbd for less than two hours since purchasing the chapter.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942
    edited March 2019

Ranks reset on the 13th of every month. Expect a reset April 13th.

Aside from rank reset dates, this whole issue with not being able to get games anymore is the fault of the players. The new matchmaking system was fine; I was finally able to get matches within 5 minutes, rather than waiting 20+ minutes. Sadly the forums were flooded with selfish players demanding the Devs revert back to the previous matchmaking system, because they used to get into matches faster. Clearly, they were not thinking about all the other players. Now the old matchmaking system matched with the new ranking system has created a rather sh*t experience for everyone.

Post edited by Saint_Ukraine on
  • Madjura
    edited March 2019

Started a lobby. After an hour it closed "due to a technical error" and told me to try again.

After waiting for half an hour in the new lobby the game crashed.

Thanks for this fantastic decision to revert the matchmaking, STILL without an explanation why that was necessary and why I am now no longer allowed to play the game at rank 1 because the lobby times of the old matchmaking make it impossible to do so.

• Marvett
    Marvett Member Posts: 159

I know right... clearly my 3k+ hrs have not been enough for me to learn how to play the game then.

So could you teach me how to play? plssss😫

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

Imagine buying a game that takes hours to get you in a match that only lasts a few minutes.

If Dead By Daylight wasn't so addictive, people wouldn't just take that crap without creating a massive shitstorm with it. And yes, I'm well aware that this can be taken literally.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

If the devs changed the pipping system, we would have a better effect. I don't want to go back to the old system, because that was too easy. We need something in between the old and the current system.

• Madjura

With the old matchmaking and ranking system we already know that matchmaking can take upwards of 30 minutes at high ranks, especially in the days after rank reset. Any change that makes ranking up harder, even if it is easier than the pre-revert iteration (the new one) will still have catastrophic effects on wait times. The top priority should be getting the matchmaking to a state where anyone can find games in a reasonable amount of time. Your suggestion is the correct answer to a different problem, how do we make the ranking system more fair?, but it will not fix the problem for high rank players who cannot get into a game.

• TheBean
    edited March 2019

@Marvett Well I'm just playing around Marvett.... cause it is funny.

However... The idea behind the ranking system is for people to play against those who are similar in skill set. Don't get me wrong, the Match Making needs to work correctly for this to actually be the case.

But.... You play against someone who is your rank, and they are a potato to you.... ?? If you have difficultly ranking up at a particular rank.. Than that means one thing... You are a potato too. At least to those higher skilled in playing than you.

Not saying you are having that issue...Just stating something.

I don't care about your hours so I don't know why you felt the need to state that. 3K hours doesn't mean you are the best player at this game, nor you or your teammates actually being good together.

Oh yeah... edit... needed to add something about being chased the whole match...

The idea behind the evader and chaser is they play against one another in the match. You can't hide from the killer and break the chase, does that mean you are good at being a survivor? or just good at being chased? It is this part that is subjective... some people think you should get rewarded for it... I don't.

I think you should break the chase and hide... get the killer to chase someone else. I know it can be hard if the killer is good and set on chasing you.. but isn't that the whole point of the emblem system? You playing better than the killer?

• Marvett
    Marvett Member Posts: 159

P.S.

how I'm supposed to rank up if my teammates keep DCing 9 out of 10 games?

• TheBean

Cause they aren't punishing people for it... this is a whole other conversation which is ruining this game.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I miss the old rank system, I never found potatos at those ranks. I took a break during rank reset time and now I’m stuck at green ranks with people less skilled than me.

• ManfredTheCrab
    ManfredTheCrab Member Posts: 41

We all should have started at Rank 20 with this new ranking system. Not starting with our actuall rank with this old system. Now it's really hard to rank up or just to stay at your rank because in your ranks are only potatoes. And when you not safe somebody you automaticly not pip. Why is this a thing? Maybe this new system is okay, but the start was very bad. I am stuck in Rank 6 to 8. I have to wait untill the good survivors rank up. Unless I am lost there. This is not a problem, but you get ######### games with thos bad players now. Oh no, kille rgot me first and in 10 seconds = DC or got me straight again after my first hook = DC. Or you get 3v1 games. This all makes it not easier to get your pip. and when you went down 2 times you can be happy to get your black pip. This is so unfun now. I hope it will get better.