Saboteur buff

Robb_Stark
Robb_Stark Member Posts: 87
edited March 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Sabotaging is a really cool concept, however it has been nerfed to the ground. If Saboteur were more viable, people might spend some time doing something other than Gen rush.

As it is now, Hooks stay sabotaged for only 2 minutes by default; in the past it used to be 3 minutes. Moreover, it is really difficult to guess which Hook the Killer is taking the Survivor to, and even if you guess right, they are nearly as fast as you are while carrying so it would not matter as they will make it to the next closest Hook before you do.

What about this buff:

Saboteur

Unlocks the ability to sabotage without a Toolbox at 50% the normal Sabotage speed. Hooks and Bear Traps you sabotage stay broken for an extra 30/60/120 seconds. The Auras of Hooks are revealed to you within a range of 16/24/32 metres.

At the moment there is no point in using the Perk if you have a Toolbox whereas the latter is faster. In order to solve this and prevent the Perk from becoming too powerful, the old Toolbox consumption rate penalty when used for sabotage should be brought back.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Saboing has recently received some pretty hefty buffs while slugging has been nerfed.

By the way, if saboing becomes meta, then this means that killers will let you bleed out like they used to 2 years ago. do you really like that playstyle?

• Robb_Stark

This Perk requires a lot of preparation and luck. Plus, the Hooks will only stay broken for 4 minutes. And I mentioned that the old Toolbox consumption rate should be brought back. As long as the Hooks don't stay broken forever it won't become meta. 80% of the people will think it is not worthy of their time.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

No one will still use it though. Saboteur was meta, because the hooks could be permanently destroyed, which it was impossible for killer to win a game.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

When did the time sabotaged get nerfed to 120 seconds?

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

This.

While sabo is quite weak currently, it isn't a perk that can ever be made strong. Long ago when Sabo was strong it was heavily abused.

• Mcfred
    Mcfred Member Posts: 152

They could make it so you see hooks around the killer within a 20 meter radius and get more bloodpoints.

• Robb_Stark

It can be improved. If you get to see the Auras of the Hooks you have a higher chance of guessing to which Hook the Killer will take your teammate to.

If the Hooks remain broken for a maximum of 4 minutes with Saboteur, assuming you 99 all of them, (this should be pretty balanced since you're using a Perk slot, you might get caught while Sabotaging and it is taking a lot of time to 99 all the Hooks) you will be able, at some point, once (it's not worth doing it twice), to complete the sabotage on all the 99'ed hooks and create a safe haven, basically the whole map, for a short time (running from one hook to another takes a lot of time, during which the previously dropped Hooks will have already started to regenerate). The old Toolbox consumption penalty for Sabotage should be brought back though.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

I think you read that pic wrong @Robb_Stark

The DEFAULT time for auto repair is 120 seconds for hooks. Saboteur is 150 seconds on tier three.

Now if you are talking about a time the auto repair was longer, well then sure it's a nerf, but then Sabo negates that.

• Robb_Stark

Yes, I meant the default time. It used to be 180 seconds. Now even if you use Saboteur, the Hook won't stay broken for that long (120 seconds without Saboteur and 150 seconds with Saboteur - 30 seconds less than before AND you're using a Perk slot)

• ShaneQ
    ShaneQ Member Posts: 134

Sabo is fine, just 99 the hooks and run empathy, anytime I use saboteur I generally get a couple of saves per game. Its a decent perk.

• NeaJovovich
    NeaJovovich Member Posts: 234

Sabo should grant a survivor to permanently sabo 2 seperate hooks.

Even in the "worst case scenario", all 4 survivors can permanently remove 8 hooks when there's something of 14+ hooks in each map PLUS the basement.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

"only 4 minutes"

Really, just answer me, how many hours do you have in this game? On mid-high ranks games usually last 5-7 minutes, or even less, 4 minutes for a hook to respawn is just a broken concept.

• Kind_Lemon

@ShaneQ

I don’t want to be getting “saves”—that’s why the mechanic is bad. All I want is to bring the killer away from defending objectives for a long time (as in go to a farther hook than right next to the gen). The killer, however, can only take 16 seconds before the survivor is freed, which is an issue. The killer can’t have much longer or else every survivor goes into the basement (because killers can see basement hook auras from anywhere). I could care less about additional modifiers on Saboteur. I’m seeking to make Saboteur a strategic perk—one that requires game sense and long term planning not easily undone.

Starting with small steps is just fine (eg. Increase wiggle time and respawn timer in coordination with each other. Or keep hooks sabotaged if there is another hook within X meters—let’s say 20 for an idea. Or give killers the ability to go to a hook and manually respawn the hook if the killer notices that it’s broken). Any number of things could work, and it’s distressing to see any idea of change being brushed off like a bug.

• Robb_Stark

1556h.

Sabotaging all Hooks would take ages (especially if the old Toolbox consumption rate penalty were brought back). If you are sabotaging you can't Gen rush now can you ? By the time you sabotage the last Hook, most of the previously sabotaged ones will only remain broken for like 1-2 minutes.This of course if you 99 all the Hooks. If you don't, you won't even be able to take down half of them before some will have already respawned. In addition, this "1-2 Minute Whole Map Safe Haven strategy" might not even work as you can always get interrupted.

• Kind_Lemon

The entire map should never be a “safe haven”. Nothing should really be a “safe haven” if the killer is nearby. A killer should always be able to potentially make it to a hook after downing a survivor—it’s just a matter of how long that takes. A survivor should not be basement bound the instant he/she is picked up.

You still seem stuck on the idea of longer hook respawn timers without changing any other mechanic, so here’s an additional idea in line with yours: A survivor wiggles at normal speed when within 20 meters of any hook. A survivor wiggles at 50% speed when not within that radius. However, a survivor wiggles at 160% speed if the killer passes within 20 meters of a non-sabotaged hook and then exits that radius to go to a different hook. It would then be more balance to have longer hook respawn timers without killers needing to slug.

Note: I have not actually calculated distances, speeds, and times, so take my rough numbers not as final.

• Robb_Stark

@Kind_Lemon

"A survivor wiggles at normal speed when within 20 meters of any hook. A survivor wiggles at 50% speed when not within that radius. However, a survivor wiggles at 160% speed if the killer passes within 20 meters of a non-sabotaged hook and then exits that radius to go to a different hook. It would then be more balance to have longer hook respawn timers without killers needing to slug."

Nice one 🤩 (I kind of doubt such a game mechanic will actually be implemented though🤔)

This discussion has been closed.