Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I dont see how Killer mains do it.........

Ok, so this is gonna sound strange, but i wanna keep it short and to the point.

I came into the game a survivor main, but watch a lot of content creators on youtube play killer and made it look like so much fun! So naturally i wanted to learn to play killer as well. Now ive gotten pretty decent with killers like Hag, Spirit, (sometimes Wraith), and currently putting points into the plague because her playstyle seems pretty fun. However.....When i load up a game to play killer, if im having a bad match (ie, looped to hell, genrushed, blinded, cant f**** find nobody lol) it really kills my mood to play the game and causes me to camp the sh** out of the one person i do find just so i feel a little bit better if i at least kill one survivor. I know its a ######### thing to do but in my head ill justify it because i had such a bad game. I dont know if im putting too much pressure on myself to do well or what, but i wanna ask the killer mains.......how do you endure this kind of stress back to back?? the most killer games ive played back to back are about 2-3 max before i find myself not being able to enjoy the game like its supposed to.

PS I can have a bad survivor game, feel a little frustrated, but brush it off in seconds and start another match. Dont know how to do that with killer and i really want to learn how because i feel like im missing out on 50% of the fun of dead by daylight.

Help!!

Comments

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

I got good enough as a killer that if survivors are toxic it doesn't really matter to me.

For example, SWF tend to be more altruistic, I don't mean camp the hooked survivor, just don't go too far and go back to the hook often, you'll likely find more and sometimes you might even get a grab.

In the end it comes down to experience, the more you play the better you become and the less you care

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Enlightened survivor / killer main topics are my favorite.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

I take a break after every killer match and keep the chat closed. Focus on bloodpoints and never DC even if you are losing. Just remember the game is designed to allow the survivors to escape if they play well. Do not take it personal.

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

Yea they really nailed it on that part but have you ever tried to lead a conversation with them? You'll quickly realize that they missed out on that part, it makes no sense what they answer... 😉

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

Personally, As soon as Killer becomes stressful or unfun I take a brake, No point in playing if you're not having fun anymore.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

Abusing exploits doesn't make you a good player, but rather a cheater.

• iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

@Acromio

??

Are you saying pallet loopers are exploiting?

• Red_Beard
    Red_Beard Member Posts: 550

I think it comes down to perspective on what is fun. I used to get stressed playing killer because I thought for me to have fun was getting high ranked which meant I had to kill as many as I could. Once I decided rank wasn't important in having fun, I started to actually enjoy the game as killer.

I am more focused on earning bloodpoints now and not securing kills. This also leads you to play in a way more enjoyable to survivors. I do not camp the hook (unless it's an insidious meme of course) even if the other three survivors are all around. I pick one, hit them and chase them even if it takes me away from the hook and the others get a save. I try my best not to tunnel though sometimes it is just bad luck that the only survivor you found is the one that was on the hook last.

You will run into well coordinated solos and SWF teams from time to time, though I feel the balance changes over the last few months have made it better for killers. Enjoy the chase, meme with them if they teabag and move on to the next.

For me I have much less fun as survivor now dealing with inexperienced teammates (i play solo) and camping and tunneling killers. Yes, camping and tunneling has always been a part of the game and I'm not saying you can't do it if you choose to, but it is definitely not enjoyable to play against, especially when you play with survivors that don't understand how to punish it and nerfs to survivors have made the tools less effective.

Just my two cents.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

That is, indeed, the key. Folks don't seem to understand that YouTube content videos are not a live Twitch broadcast. The videos have been edited for content to make them entertaining to watch, promote the content, and make the content creator look good.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Yes they are exploiting the different hitboxes of survivor and killers. Looping was an unintended side effect of that change which is nowadays called a feature

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
  • Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165

I already got my rank 1 achievements, managed to hit rank 1 all the time until this new pip system was implemented, at this point i am only playing for BP.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

It took me a LONG time to be able to find survivors, I like playing killers like Freddy and Michael due to how easy it is to find others, they are fun to play and are scary, they cause a lot of toxicity but that's what fun builds will help against. Survivor want to run DS and a flashlight? No worries. Enduring and Franklin's Demise is part of a rage build.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

Just play Hillbilly. Basically no choices matter because you have a faster pallet break, insta-down, and the best map pressure in the game on demand.

Yes, I'm getting a little salty at seeing nothing but God damn Billies at high ranks.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

Know that you can't win them all.

Having said that, in every match try to determinate which one is the weakest survivor and eliminate it as soon as posible, focus on it. When you hook any of them, if you see another survivor close by, protect the hooked survivor. If there are just two survivors left, leave one on the floor and try to down the other (You don't want any cheap hatch escape). Finally, the best part, the chat. Write "GG" and marvel at the petty insults the dead survivors try to come up with. Laugh at their anger and enjoy their rant.

That's how I play killer and I have a blast every time :-)

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited March 2019

It's funny how we always see this from survivor only players who decide to dip into the other side, but never the other way around lol. I think it says something.

You get over it by switching to nurse and destroying a few games, then go back to the torture. Majority of the killers you go into the game just expecting to lose unless you happen to get some potatoes. The bright side is that there's a lot of them.

• NeaJovovich
    NeaJovovich Member Posts: 234

It's unfun when you are giving yourself artificial stress to be the best... which is what all the K-Mains suffer from.

Last night, I played the Hag for over an hour last night while talking on the phone with my best friend. I didn't have the sound on. The only time I turned on the sound was when I slugged a Survivor and her team left her. I found the hatch and so I turned up my sound to hear her cries of pain. Other than that, I just flogged some Survivors left and right. The only "kills" I got were when the other players were too chiggen chit to unhook.

Don't camp, don't tunnel. Hit someone and then move on to the next one.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

Lots of breaks with other games, music or even Survivor games. Usually I do anywhere from 2-8 Killer games when I sit down for a session.

It takes a lot to do...but go in with the mindset of getting Bloodpoints and start with the mindset of wanting a 2k but aiming for as best as ya can...some games you just won't "win" and take what ya can from it and think no more of that match

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

Idk about others but I've developed a killer sense where I just know which part of the map a survivor is. You just got to have good map knowledge and you have to have a survivor mindset when hunting to find them. People can be very predictable in this game up to the point were you kill half of them, than they mindlessly wander holding out for hatch so you kinda just have to hope to see them.

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

Killer isn’t easy, but it’s the easiest it has ever been.

Things take practice, even video games.

• kamisen
    kamisen Member Posts: 794

I very much agree. I took a hiatus for a couple of weeks. Played one or two games today and the survivors just kited me around. It's a very bad feeling indeed. I'm thinking about quitting the game altogether now - I honestly don't understand my previous gratification in playing this game.

• NathanExplosion
    NathanExplosion Member Posts: 337

This.

How i handle it ?

Just wait for it...

You know it's coming...

Just replace "a week" by "months/years" and you're good !

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Since playing survivor is normally more relaxed as a whole, the stress of a bad match doesn't stir you up as much. With killer you are racing against the clock to get your kills and the game feels less relaxing as a result.

My advice is to stop worrying about getting the kills and maybe create your own goals for the match. For example I really enjoy Doc and Myers for the build diversity they have (gimmick builds too) and go into a match with my own set of challenges.

Today I'll play a massive terror radius Doc with lullaby on The Game, to create a really difficult skill check build. My goal isn't to get kills but instead to see how many skill checks I can get the team to miss.

Today I'll play Scratch Mirror on Lery's Memorial as a Jumpscare build. My goal isn't to get kills but rather get someone to crap their pants. (This build work amazing with the Wraiths "newish" addons).

If you are trying to get kills/rank then you need to go in expecting to get really flustered but such is the nature of a game if you wish to get competitive.

• KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747

I main a mid-tier killer (trapper) so I have an excuse for losing. When a survivor wants to bm it's actually funny they thought beating an underpowered killer took skill. Plus if you demolish the survivors, it feels infinitely better than doing it with a strong killer.

• ImAGirl
    ImAGirl Member Posts: 147

Im on metoprolol, paroxetine, ativan and tegretol. That's how I do it.

• MegChicken
    MegChicken Member Posts: 163

BuT hEs BaLaNceD. No he isn’t. Spirit is, Billy wouldn’t be like this if he was released in 2018+

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

Aim for 4 stacks on BBQ, then just go for points! The only thing that waits in the upper ranks is more toxicity!

• Numinous
    Numinous Member Posts: 42
    edited March 2019

Every game in DBD is dependent on loads of different variables such as what map you're playing on, what survivors you're going against, how high of a skill cap your killer has, how good you actually are at the game, how well you can strategize to manipulate survivors with mind games or trapping them with 3-gens, etc. There will be games where you do very well at the start of the match, games where you get absolutely stomped, and everything in between.

We've all had bad games especially, and I'm sure the majority of people have rage quit at least once (I know I've had my share of rage quits). But it doesn't matter if people are being toxic, but the fact of the matter is that an asymmetrical game CANNOT be perfectly balanced because it is a 4v1.

However, that doesn't mean no one can have fun playing the game. It's very rewarding (unlike the ranking system) to know you're getting better at any game or anything in life in general, so you shouldn't let the toxic people bother you either.

So basically my underlying message here is to not care about the things you can't control, but make efforts (unlike the developers it seems) to change the things you can control.